What's new

YerpS3s

Student
Reaction score
Got an A board that wont recognize start inputs whatsoever.

How do you know that it wont recognise inputs? I realise this is a silly-sounding question but the intent is genuine - are you plugging it into a cab, a supergun?

My grammar is terrible LOL. It wont recognize p1 start and p2 start only. coin works and test mode i can check inputs and only p1 start nad p2 start not working, my cab is a neo 29 candy

Ive tried other boards and they work fine, cps3 multi, mv1f with darksoft cart

The blue adapter is the issue here. I need this to make sound work on this cps2 board for some odd reason, but if i remove it start buttons works again but theres no sound again. I was gifted 2 multis an 18in1 that i fixed and this 32in1 i know they're really terrible i just wanna fix em and keep them working.
1647058860620.png

Bend the pins in the harness you’re using more towards the center; I bet they’re just slightly out of making contact when using it on that particular board giving you an issue. I’ll strongly bet your start button inputs aren’t making contact with this particular board.

I had this problem occur recently with my P1 Button 1 not registering on one of my CPS2 setups and using a small jewelers screwdriver to bend the pins closer towards the center of the harness solved my problem.

Back