What's new
I was booting up some of the ROM hacks in the encrypted rollup pack and I'm uncertain what is different about them. Does anyone know of what the changes are exactly in all the CPS2 ROM hacks?

Good Morning. I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a darksofto cps2 kit. I have 2 doubts: 1- How do I prepare the cps2 card that has the battery?
2- a detailed step by step of how to put the roms in the micro sd.

I can't go into extreme detail right now, but here's the best explanation I can manage:

- Desolder the battery from the B board. Either let it sit for a while, or short component EXC5 with a screwdriver to clear out the currently stored key.

- The set of roms you use will depend on whether or not you have key writing wires installed (https://highscoresave.com/champion-edition-cps2-key-writing-cable/).

Format your SD card for fat32.

Go here first: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

If you have key writing, get 'Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z'

If you don't have key writing, get 'Darksoft CPS2 OLD Decrypted.7z'

Whichever you get, extract the 'games' folder, put that on the root of your SD card. Put the card in your CPS2 Multi and enjoy!

Não posso entrar em detalhes extremos agora, mas aqui está a melhor explicação que consigo:

- Desolder a bateria da placa B. Deixe-o parado por um tempo ou curta o componente EXC5 com uma chave de fenda para limpar a chave atualmente armazenada.

- O conjunto de roms que você usará dependerá se você tem ou não os fios de escrita de chave instalados ( https://highscoresave.com/champion-edition-cps2-key-writing-cable/ ).

Formate seu cartão SD para fat32.

Vá aqui primeiro: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

Se você tiver a escrita da chave, obtenha ' Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z '

Se você não tiver a escrita da chave, obtenha ' Darksoft CPS2 OLD Decrypted.7z '

O que quer que você obtenha, extraia a pasta 'games' e coloque-a na raiz do seu cartão SD. Coloque o cartão no seu CPS2 Multi e divirta-se!
ok,

obrigado

I can't go into extreme detail right now, but here's the best explanation I can manage:

- Desolder the battery from the B board. Either let it sit for a while, or short component EXC5 with a screwdriver to clear out the currently stored key.

- The set of roms you use will depend on whether or not you have key writing wires installed (https://highscoresave.com/champion-edition-cps2-key-writing-cable/).

Format your SD card for fat32.

Go here first: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

If you have key writing, get 'Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z'

If you don't have key writing, get 'Darksoft CPS2 OLD Decrypted.7z'

Whichever you get, extract the 'games' folder, put that on the root of your SD card. Put the card in your CPS2 Multi and enjoy!
what are the two other download links for, exemplified below:
1. Darksoft CPS2 Hacks Add-on 2020-12-30.7z (View Contents)
2. Darksoft CPS2 MAME Add-On 2020-05-24.7z (View Contents)

Optional packs that include the full MAME set of different regions/versions. Or various hacks (colour, life, training, etc).

Start off with the regular set, then decide if you need the rest later.

Just wanted to say, got my kit in Saturday and the instructions were absolutely perfect. My board was an older -3 so I had to solder the wires, but the instructions made it really easy to see what went where. Thanks for everyone's hard work!

Hello ,
Yesterday i Bought a darksoft multi cps2 rev2 to saveyour games .The key writing wire with connectors is included in the kit ? I choosed an option.I added a key writing wire to my order but in the picture the wire has only one connector. it’s looks like for old version where you have to use a soldering iron ...

Hi @Ikaru This is a support forum for many arcade things, included the multicps2, but we don't have visibility or are involved with saveyourgames sales. Aldo from Saveyourgames is a trusted seller. @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
Regarding your problem. It's all explained in the Instructions. If your board has that connector, then you need a cable which has on both sides the same 6 pin plug. If your board is one of the old versions that doesn't have that 6 pin connector, then you need to solder 4 wires manually.

Check instructions here please: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ons-and-tips-new-version-after-10-2020.15470/

Thank you for your answer. I checked the instructions 😉my board has the 6 pins connectors(rev7)So I need the cable which has on both sides the same 6 pin plug. I sent a message here to SAVEYOURGAMES..

Hi I recently purchased the multi kit and installed it. I'm having some issues unfortunately. So I installed the kit and I was either getting a white blank or a test screen which I'll post. What screen I got depended on what rom I loaded. So I've read that sd cards can be a problem (the original sd card I used was supplied with the kit) so I tried another but the lcd said no sd card found. I then tried booting it with no sd card and last rom I loaded started straight away with the only problem being no sound, after a while the lcd didn't display anything. I read that you can swap between the rca out or the jamma harness by holding the up and down volume button on boot up which I did, it made a strange beeping sound and nothing loaded. Now reverting back to the original sd card the lcd still displays nothing. I've tried reseating the kit formatting the sd card and shorting the capacitor that holds the key with no change. If you could steer me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated cheers
20210423_041936.jpg
20210427_084636.jpg
20210427_084838.jpg

It looks to me like a problem with a bad contact. Are A+B PCBs seating properly? What about the small PCB of the kit that goes where the Program Roms are located? Does it sit properly?

Can you show us a picture where we can see your PCB and the installation? Have you followed the instructions and troubleshooting tips? Like ie using the Verify romset or to try first games without key writing cables, etc.?

Last edited:
It looks to me like a problem with a bad contact. Are A+B PCBs seating properly? What about the small PCB of the kit that goes where the Program Roms are located? Does it sit properly?

Can you show us a picture where we can see your PCB and the installation? Have you followed the instructions and troubleshooting tips? Like ie using the Verify romset or to try first games without key writing cables, etc.?
Pretty sure a a and b are seating properly, I've tried with and without the b board housing. All the kit pcbs look to be seated well I'll post some pics. I just reseated again and I also formatted the sd card and loaded the test files. Unfortunately there is no change no text on the lcd.

Attachments

• 20210427_193926.jpg
    20210427_193926.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210427_193940.jpg
    20210427_193940.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210427_193949.jpg
    20210427_193949.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210427_193957.jpg
    20210427_193957.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210427_194006.jpg
    20210427_194006.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210427_194010.jpg
    20210427_194010.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 108
Ok so the lcd works it was just the contrast pot, silly me. Where can I find the decrypted rom pack. I'm currently using the roll up base pack. Edit: just ran the two test roms and both said "all done have fun".

Last edited:
Great news! To me it looks like the small interconecct PCB is not inserted properly on the side of the Multi PCB. Can you check that? What happens if you remove the key writting cables and try to load a game where the file key in the game folder is full of 0xFFFFFFFF

Great news! To me it looks like the small interconecct PCB is not inserted properly on the side of the Multi PCB. Can you check that? What happens if you remove the key writting cables and try to load a game where the file key in the game folder is full of 0xFFFFFFFF
Sorry for delayed reply. I tried reseating a couple of more times. Not sure what is going on now but when you press load game it either takes a while before it starts writing or doesn't start at all, it also seems like the voltage is fluctuating more than before. I downloaded the legacy rom pack and have tried both sets with and without the keywriting wires connected.

Your picture 20210427_194006.jpg. Can you pull from the multi PCB up a bit towards the interconnect PCB. Are you sure that they make proper contact?
Are you using the key injection cable? Which model is your B Board? -3 or -4 ? Can you try romsets that have the key 0xFFFFFFF WITHOUT the cable attached? Does it work now?

Please let us know. Thanks.

Back