What's new

donluca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody with the silent 6 gelid can take a photo of how the pins should be connected?
You can try plugging it in every way, there's no risk of damaging it (that's how I discovered it), but IIRC (don't want to open the case again), with you having the fan side in front of you, put the notches upwards and connect the right-most two pins.

KaPH33n

Grand Master
Reaction score
Is a direct replacement in the CPS2 A board? Does it include the same plug as the original? No soldering necessary?
If a fan says "2 Wire Leads" then you need to get the connector on there. You could remove the old one and connect the wires together w/ solder. Or you could crimp new pins and get a new connector.

xodaraP

Enlightened
Reaction score
Indeed. I've used several of these fans now. You need to cut the connector off the existing fan and connect it up :)

lobogau

Beginner
Reaction score

lobogau

Beginner
Reaction score

KinG_SoPa

Professional
Reaction score
@lobogau get the silent 6 fan it works very good and it comes with the connector already its just plug and play.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S1HNPS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, did you have to trim the outside of the fan case to fit? I heard that it might need to be done because it's slightly larger than 15mm.
Rob
I didn't trim anything , it is slightly tight but i just gave it a good shove and boom it fit.

nonosto

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have one A board sealed and I would like to change fan, I know about sticker is void opened, but I assume that can to re stick back it, but for special cacom screw how to please?

sans_t28.png

sans_t29.png

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
I always pry 2 small screwdrivers under the cap from both sides and pop it up, but be careful not the damage the case

fluxcore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That one actually looks like a bolt/nut arrangement. Can probably just use a socket or small pliers and undo it, I did the latter on a board just this past weekend. You need to stop the other end from swivelling though, it's not a captive bolt.

The other screws are all security torx

xodaraP

Enlightened
Reaction score
That one actually looks like a bolt/nut arrangement. Can probably just use a socket or small pliers and undo it, I did the latter on a board just this past weekend. You need to stop the other end from swivelling though, it's not a captive bolt.

The other screws are all security torx
This. That's not a Capcom C bolt - a pair of needle nose pliers will do the job and you can just unscrew the kit from the top.

I found just holding my finger on the bolt head was enough to hold it in place while I unscrewed it