What's new

seanr28

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a super street fighter 2 game baord that I was planning on using for the Multi Cart, but

Please see the pictures attached, game works fine, but has vertical lines through all sprites and other parts of the screen.....

Where is the issue likely to be please?

Bent pins or a bad connection will cause this. Had the same issue with a D&D board a while back.

That PCB is mighty dusty, would not at all be surprised that it's a connection issue. Trying cleaning the sockets, looking for bent pins, and starting over.

I've seen that before in my setup. Check the connections between the A and B board. Re-seat the boards, it worked for me.

Do you have the metal clips that connect the A & B boards together? I get lines in my setup if I don't attach them pretty securely and use the clips. You have to really squeeze them before the lines disappear if that is the source of the problem.

Likely a connection problem somewhere (a->b board, b->c board, or one of the mask roms), or could be a faulty mask rom itself... give all the connectors a good clean for a start.

all roms removed and re-seated, b board plugged directly into A board without case....nothing appears to make any difference..

all roms removed and re-seated, b board plugged directly into A board without case....nothing appears to make any difference..
Did you try re-seating the C board too?

Does it get better if you press the boards together while it's running?

Is that a legit SSF2 Turbo board that you're going to sac for this?

Maybe post a WTT ad and see if someone has a suicided B board of a more common title that they'd trade for it. This won't help if the problem lies in the A board though.

Maybe post a WTT ad and see if someone has a suicided B board of a more common title that they'd trade for it. This won't help if the problem lies in the A board though.
I do agree, I've been trying to get a dead or phoenixed board for a while.......I'll get this one working first though mind you.:) ......if I can that is...

what is that very top board for?? seems to work without it???

you can have my acid burned B board if you feel like reversing the damage

what is that very top board for?? seems to work without it???
Can you take a picture of the B board with the C board removed?

Also have you thoroughly cleaned the A/B/C boards as was recommended?

here you go,

Yes its been cleaned, no bent pins. all socketed chips have been removed, checked and re-seated.

Hmm it's possible that there is a broken trace somewhere that's responsible for that issue then.

Also, have you tested that A board with a different B board and confirmed there wasn't any issues? Or tested the SSF2T board on another A board?

Hmm it's possible that there is a broken trace somewhere that's responsible for that issue then.

Also, have you tested that A board with a different B board and confirmed there wasn't any issues? Or tested the SSF2T board on another A board?
yes its deffo the b board at fault, been tested on 2 different A boards and they both work with other games.

Back