What's new
I'm loving the CPS2 Multi solution so far!

Only very small issue I'm having is that the display doesn't show the "Now playing" text. It would get stuck on Flash writing with some *'s behind it.

I've manually added the NOW_PLAYING file, now it keeps saying "All done: Have fun!"

Not a very big deal, just wondering why that is... the file isn't read-only or something simple like that, but I do think it's a sd card related issue.

I'm loving the CPS2 Multi solution so far!

Only very small issue I'm having is that the display doesn't show the "Now playing" text. It would get stuck on Flash writing with some *'s behind it.

I've manually added the NOW_PLAYING file, now it keeps saying "All done: Have fun!"

Not a very big deal, just wondering why that is... the file isn't read-only or something simple like that, but I do think it's a sd card related issue.
That sounds like a problem with your microSD or a glitch in the firmware....when did you buy it? You can try rewriting the latest firmware, that'd be the best.

And reformat your card and write everything back over to the fresh card.

It should have the latest firmware as it was purchased about a month ago, but I will try and reflash the firmware.

I will also reformat the micro sd with sd formatter and copy everything over again. The only thing I did was unpack the Avalaunch pack and then the long game names over it, that's it.

Will let you guys know, thanks for the quick replies :)

I will also reformat the micro sd with sd formatter and copy everything over again. The only thing I did was unpack the Avalaunch pack and then the long game names over it, that's it.
You'll want to do that on the desktop. And /then/ copy the entire thing onto the SD card in one shot.

SD cards can be super picky sometimes.

Did everything suggested multiple times, no joy. It was a Transcend 4GB as that was the only 4GB card I had to my availability.

Had another Sandisk 16GB Ultra card so thought I'd give that a try. Did the exact same thing as with the Transcend, works like a charm.

Loading games seems to be slower though, strange stuff going on... :)

Thanks all for the quick replies, now I can start enjoying it :)

Did everything suggested multiple times, no joy. It was a Transcend 4GB as that was the only 4GB card I had to my availability.
Transcend has some kind of weird slowdown on random access, I did a test back in 2014 with a class 6 Transcend card and it showed low random access speed compared to Lexar and SanDisk.

Had another Sandisk 16GB Ultra card so thought I'd give that a try. Did the exact same thing as with the Transcend, works like a charm.

Can you send me that microSD to analyze it?

Really the fastest load times I've seen are with the Class 4 - 4GB Sandisk cards.

Can you send me that microSD to analyze it?
Yeah sure, not using it now anyways. Are you located in Poland? I can send it domestic then as I'll be there the end of the month. Drop me your address please :)

@Mitsu: Thanks, I'll be getting one of those then (also noticed you guys put this up in the manual)! :)

darksoft said:
Disclaimer: We do not condone or support the killing of working CPS2 boards for any reason, including the use of decrypted ROM sets, either directly on CPS2 boards or via Darksoft's CPS2 Multikit. We actively encourage people to use these ROMs on boards that have already lost their original keys. We make no warranties as to the functionality of the decrypted ROMs, although every effort will be made to fix any bugs that are reported.:

Is this still the policy even with the historical revelations of this month ?

(This was not Darksoft's quote but for some reason I could not delete the portion of the quote with his name without deleting the whole
Quote . I am beginning to think my iPhone 6 chrome browser is not compatible with this forum software ... A lot of wierd things have been happening )

Well, it's your boards and we can't tell you what you can or can't do with it. but we prefer that you don't kill your PCBs or at least that before killing it, you check that it's already dumped (version and region) and available in MAME. If it's not, we'll like to see it dumped and will help you to get your kit installed in a different board.

Well, it's your boards and we can't tell you what you can or can't do with it. but we prefer that you don't kill your PCBs or at least that before killing it, you check that it's already dumped (version and region) and available in MAME. If it's not, we'll like to see it dumped and will help you to get your kit installed in a different board.
Doesn't matter if people kill their boards or not. What hurts the preservation effort is them erasing the EPROMs for writing another game.

That doesn't happen with the CPS2 multi as you're required to remove the EPROMs/MASK ROMs for using it and because of that the EPROMs are likely to be preserved on their original state...

That has not even come up in the entire course of this discussion

I feel like you keep adding on things that piss you off that people do that has absolutely nothing to do with my point on this subject

I never suggested the ROMs be erased ever

In fact I made a point of saying I would document the state of the B board before removing them so if the day came that someone wanted to revive it, they could do so

I also said that I wanted to send them to be dumped before I turn them in to B boards for the multi kits

So, that kind of reckless behavior by others won't be stopped regardless of whatever stance is taken officially here

I'm talking about a tutorial for a very small number of people . Possibly 80 for this batch - I don't know how many were made in previous batches or for the Italian webstore

Over all maybe a couple hundred possible and how many will bother to take part in discussion here ? So really what I'm proposing is not so nuts or out of line

I just think having a zero tolerance policy tends not to go over so well in any situation

That has not even come up in the entire course of this discussion

I feel like you keep adding on things that piss you off that people do that has absolutely nothing to do with my point on this subject

I never suggested the ROMs be erased ever

In fact I made a point of saying I would document the state of the B board before removing them so if the day came that someone wanted to revive it, they could do so

I also said that I wanted to send them to be dumped before I turn them in to B boards for the multi kits

So, that kind of reckless behavior by others won't be stopped regardless of whatever stance is taken officially here

I'm talking about a tutorial for a very small number of people . Possibly 80 for this batch - I don't know how many were made in previous batches or for the Italian webstore

Over all maybe a couple hundred possible and how many will bother to take part in discussion here ? So really what I'm proposing is not so nuts or out of line

I just think having a zero tolerance policy tends not to go over so well in any situation
@MarkWolfe no one said that what you proposed is nuts. Everyone can give their opinion so long as they respect Rule #1 in this forum which is respect to others and zero drama.

We can't control what people do with their boards but we would like to see so many romsets as possible being preserved and available to everyone. I mentioned before that me and many others would prefer people not killing working boards, but actually @l_oliveira is right, killing PCBs isn't bad for preservation's sake as long as people are checking if their eproms are already dumped.

I like the idea of making a tutorial for people checking if their romset has been dumped or not. who wants to help ?

I think the problem for me was that when I brought all this up, the response was rather dismissive and the arguments against what I was saying seemed to revolve around defensive reasoning. You guys keep saying "we can't control what people do", which to me is very much aside from my intention, so it became frustrating for me because I felt like no one was listening to the key points.

When did I ever say you should control people? In fact I've been saying that the discussion should be open and inclusive. That instead of saying "we're not going to help you suicide your board" that you instead say - "go check out this thread here where we give you all the information you need to make an informed descision as to what to do with your board to prep it for this kit".

Then you could say: while you're at it, if you would like to have your board dumped, here are the resources.... For all the talk of dumping and checking, maybe creating a resource thread that talks about how to do it and a list of people you can contact to help you do it if you can't do it yourself ? That would be pretty cool I think and this community is in an awesome position to try to do that

Helping people is essentially all I've been pushing for all along

I've perceived an elevated level of emotion and irritation at the points I am trying to make about this and I conpletely got sucked in to the idea of the central argument while not recognizing that I was being defensive myself so I apologize whole heartedly. I really am sorry about that.

We are all passionate about this stuff, that's obvious.

I don't have the time or know how to create a list of rom sets on boards we all own but I will do my best to at least try to find out what the ROMs are on the boards I have coming in the mail... All two of them. I'll post the info and I am going to do my best to help the people who have reached out to me after I listed the dead boards I bought in bulk in order to save a few people the trouble I was facing when trying to find a suitable set of boards and not go crazy doing it

I'm really just trying to help if you look at every post I've made here.

I want to practice what I preach.

I'm sorry to anyone I may have come off as defensive to... If you read what I wrote In The context of a debate it may make a little more sense to you.

Last edited:
The Manual of Truth... !

Attachments

• File 02-11-2016, 11 28 29 PM.jpeg
    File 02-11-2016, 11 28 29 PM.jpeg
    724.4 KB · Views: 307
Back