What's new

k1701

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone, l have a cps2 board with the darksoft champion edition installed.
I had a Peter Chou power supply ,(USP-11-150X )wasnt working and installed and RetroArcade.us 16A Arcade Switching Power Supply, 133 Watt, 110-220V
as well as a Gonbes 8200 vga adapter

It was working properly from my pov, later l noticed the screen "jumping " then the screen goes blank with the vga adapter showing " no signal" message
I checked it and the 5+ voltage was 4.89, raised it to 5.1v .(recommended voltage since the darksoft board needs more voltage
It worked with no problems then ,screen started jumping.

I stopped all attempts to adjust any +5 volts

1.What should l do increase the 5+ to 5.18v? (One poster said their cabs are at 5.18, 5.23 for certain cabs)

2. Or should l get a replacement Peter Chou power supply(USP-11-150X)?

Thanks for your attention

What is your 5V at the JAMMA edge? if indeed that is 5.1V - I wouldn't go above that with the CPS2.

Do you know that this board has no issues with the video generally? Did it work fine with the regular B/C board, and just the multi has this issue?

What is your 5V at the JAMMA edge? if indeed that is 5.1V - I wouldn't go above that with the CPS2.

Do you know that this board has no issues with the video generally? Did it work fine with the regular B/C board, and just the multi has this issue?
Hello mathewbeall, thanks for the response,
The 5v is tested at 5.1, l raised it to that level

The A board I'm using as had no problems,the B board had no issues

I tried the darksoft board with another CPS2 B boards, no issues

I IMHO , that barring any issues with the A and B boards , the 133 watt retroarcade supply could be underpowering the boards, the arcades where l live used the Peter Chou 150 watt supplies for CPS2 games, and also the darksoft board is drawing more power

Last edited:
I have easily powered my CPS2 with Multi on a 110w "arcade power supply" with no issues. I can't imagine it would be pulling that much for you to need a larger power supply.

Let's see what other folks come in with?

Did you try another working b board with your A board? This symptom you describe could have many things be the cause of it, including a failing custom.

Before doing anything, might I suggest cleaning the rom sockets well that the Darksoft kit’s plugged into & reseat the kit/power it back up? The rom sockets on these B boards can get pretty unreliable with age.

I have easily powered my CPS2 with Multi on a 110w "arcade power supply" with no issues. I can't imagine it would be pulling that much for you to need a larger power supply.

Let's see what other folks come in with?
Hey , thanks for the response,was hoping it was a power supply issue, l still have the working Peter Chou supply and a new fan for it

Did you try another working b board with your A board? This symptom you describe could have many things be the cause of it, including a failing custom.

Before doing anything, might I suggest cleaning the rom sockets well that the Darksoft kit’s plugged into & reseat the kit/power it back up? The rom sockets on these B boards can get pretty unreliable with age.
Hello GoldenGlover, will try what you described and get back with findings, Thanks for responding

Back