What's new
Anyone know what the original 3rd strike machine looked like? Wanted to get a head start on the artwork.

Yeah, there was no real dedicated cab for em, maybe a Big Blue. Basically CP art would be like a steel diamond plate pattern with the Capcom button overlays.

Damn! That red metal cage looks very cool! Very nice color choice!

Damn! That red metal cage looks very cool! Very nice color choice!
Thanks. The metal case was in rough shape tried polishing it and it didn't work out well. Just some old caliper paint I had laying around figured it would be good to have a chip resistant paint on it.

Was extremely surprised how fast my new Simms came in. Thanks again @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi .Two things on a side note. I came across a site that has over 600 cabinets in 3D models. So I was able to use those to draw up plans to build my own big blue dynamo cab. Second if anyone has use for 1-32mb simm and 1-64mb simm both currently untested. Pm me.

http://imgur.com/48xJJIz,wFeca8a,8FpvOZT

Was extremely surprised how fast my new Simms came in. Thanks again @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi .Two things on a side note. I came across a site that has over 600 cabinets in 3D models. So I was able to use those to draw up plans to build my own big blue dynamo cab. Second if anyone has use for 1-32mb simm and 1-64mb simm both currently untested. Pm me.

http://imgur.com/48xJJIz,wFeca8a,8FpvOZT
PM sent for those SIMM's. If you have the tools or want to commission a cabinet maker to build such a cab for you purposes, do it. With all these old building techniques used to build the arcade cabs of old, I always wonder how much sturdier cabs would be if they were built with today's modern techniques. Simple twist lock mounts sure do beat the crap out of the peg and glue combination.

I have the tools, I'm gonna try and give it a shot myself. More then likely will higher someone to do it after I get frustrated. It's weird there's just something about that blue dynamo cab that screams I need 3rd strike. Lol.

I have the tools, I'm gonna try and give it a shot myself. More then likely will higher someone to do it after I get frustrated. It's weird there's just something about that blue dynamo cab that screams I need 3rd strike. Lol.
No doubt. I have 2 Gen 1 Big Blue's. 1 Gen 2 Q-sound Big Blue. I think I will bookend the Gen 1's around the Q-sound at my place. The Q-sound can be the centerpiece. Don't know how my plans will be foiled if I ever pick up another one :).

Which one will you try to remake? I think the Gen 1 Big Blue's would be more difficult to remake. The front fluting is tough to put together. Also, the speaker grill is metal and has some slight bends to it. The Q-sound Big Blue's I feel are easier to remake. It is just a flat front wood kick plate. The speaker mount is wood. Even the grill housing is made of wood. There is very little metal at all. Modern fastening/building techniques could remove some of the weight of the build as well, and you would end up with an even sturdier cab that might even be modular.

I'd commission a cabinet maker if I had the dough.

Just found an example of this guy's Big Blue 3rd Strike marquee over on KLOV.

WyRShBim.jpg

Simple and quite striking display for the game. I think I will emulate this. Probably add in the game characters in faded background silhouette.

Back