What's new
Mark your items as sold

Hokuto

Student
Reaction score
I have a spare bare CPS3 board and its SCSI drive, pulled from a working SF3 New Generation set years ago.

Can't test a game at the moment, but the board is clean and powers up correctly (shows a garbled screen since it has nothing on it); the drive also powers up and the disc tray works properly (though it has seen better days). The kick harness also has what looks like a Blast City interface attached to it, for whatever reason. Sold as is.

Payment through Paypal (gift or add the fees). Will ship from the US of A.

Asking $300 + shipping OBO.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230411_234307.jpg
    20230411_234307.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 83
Can someone school me on this? Besides simms and a cart, what would I need to get 3S running on this? The CD? Basically what’s the minimum amount of simms I would need?

Can someone school me on this? Besides simms and a cart, what would I need to get 3S running on this? The CD? Basically what’s the minimum amount of simms I would need?
You’ll need a full set of SIMMs: 4 x 128GB and 2 x 64GB plus the cart of your choice (UltraBIOS or original 3s security cart) as well as the CD of your choice (UltraBIOS or original 3s).

Not to knock this sale, but you’ll also want a fully tested motherboard. These are notorious for going bad.

If you’re going to take a gamble. At least check if there was a battery on this model and if theres any leaking.

Not to knock this sale, but you’ll also want a fully tested motherboard. These are notorious for going bad.

If you’re going to take a gamble. At least check if there was a battery on this model and if theres any leaking.

Additionally, just because it boots up with a garbled screen doesn’t mean it will work correctly with a cart/SIMMS. The PPU and especially the DL-2829 (CCU) chip can go bad on these & also cause a garbled screen on boot up. Don’t mean to pile on but I’ve had more than one of these where this has happened & made the mobo unusable.

Additionally, just because it boots up with a garbled screen doesn’t mean it will work correctly with a cart/SIMMS. The PPU and especially the DL-2829 (CCU) chip can go bad on these & also cause a garbled screen on boot up. Don’t mean to pile on but I’ve had more than one of these where this has happened & made the mobo unusable.
So you are saying there's a chance this can be a non-working board?

@Hokuto I have everything else I need to get this up and running. All other parts were tested on my other CPS3. I'll pay your asking price if you're willing to let me return if it's not working. I'm willing to pay return shipping if it doesn't work. Thanks for your time.

Back