What's new

cma019

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all i would like to request some help on identifying the issue with my board.
I get perfect screen in setting page (like when there is no color) but then in game it will become scrambled
I am sure the cart is fine because i used it on another board. Could it be issue with my Simm? I can complete the flashing though
thankyou very much.

Attachments

• IMG_7197.jpeg
    IMG_7197.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7199_compressed_2024_03_10_114227.jpeg
    IMG_7199_compressed_2024_03_10_114227.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 29
Is this Darksoft BIOS? Seems like the results on the flash SIMM are glitched, but I am assuming 1 & 2 show NG because you have a Darksoft BIOS.

Presumably the CHR RAM is bad? Is there anything obvious going on in that area (corrosion, etc.)?

Sprite ram is at 1D; character rams are at 2D - 5D. Probably is going to be one of those (2D through 5D) that need replacing.

Last edited:
Thanks all, yes it is darksoft custom bios. the simm1 is back to NG after 2nd round of rewriting. looks like i will need to get someone to fix 2D-5D. hopefully i can get it working again.
IMG_7206_compressed_2024_03_11_115302.jpeg

The flash SIMMs 1 and 2 will always read NG when using the Darksoft image because removing the suicide protections changes the checksums that the game expects in the diagnostic routine.

The flash SIMMs 1 and 2 will always read NG when using the Darksoft image because removing the suicide protections changes the checksums that the game expects in the diagnostic routine.
Thanks man , i was gonna make a post about it , this saves me time 😊 thanks again

Before you got swapping onboard ram chips look a the ppu pins. Make sure none are bent shorting or loose.

Back