What's new

diosleon

Student
Reaction score
Hello y’all. I recently got a SuperBIOS cart. When I boot it up, it gets stuck on the “Now reading the CD-ROM. Please wait…” screen, even if I hold the P1 start button for long, or mash any other buttons.

I suspect the Cd drive has something to do with it. The drive starts, as I see it spin. However, it would not eject the disc when I press the button. I had to insert the multi bios disc by opening the drive with a clip while it was off

Any suggestions?

What disc are you using?

The SuperBios cd I got with my upgraded superbios cart

OK. Where did you get your upgraded cart from and is there any indication on the disc what version it is?

Do you have the means to burn another disc?

I've had what you're describing happen to me with a badly burnt disc once.

I got my upgraded card and my Cd directly from mitsurugi

Weird enough, if it’s a CD problem, why I could not open the drive by pressing the eject button?

Maybe the drive gets locked and can’t eject whilst it’s in that state of function.

I’m sure the disc from @Mitsurugi-w is fine but if you have the ability to burn another to test, it’s worth a shot.

Good luck anyhow.

I would use a SCSI2SD, it's the best thing you can do to get rid of those optical discs.

I’ll try with another cd as soon as I’m able to.

I had a similar problem (with a SCSI2SD), cleaning the contacts on the cart with q-tips and alcohol fixed it.

I also did this and I have the same problem

Btw, how many pins does the scsi drive has? Which scsi2sd adapter will work best?

Back