What's new
Want To Buy

Foxe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a CPS2 B board (but also need an A board if you have it) that can be modded with Darksoft's multi kit. It seems encouraged to find an already suicided board so I would prefer that. Please send me a PM if you're interested in selling.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a CPS2 B board (but also need an A board if you have it) that can be modded with Darksoft's multi kit. It seems encouraged to find an already suicided board so I would prefer that. Please send me a PM if you're interested in selling.
That is an old recommendation, from back when cutting the battery off resulted in permanently losing the decryption keys. We can now restore those keys so I actively recommend cutting off all batteries from original B boards because they are ticking time bombs. Any preservationist has done so already, and installed an infinikey or other key device instead.

Anyway that’s the long way of saying — buy any 100% working cps2 board set. Suicided is still fine but not at all required, and only if it’s working 100% on decrypted roms already. In fact most boards now sold as “sorry it’s not working must be suicided” are broken for another reason and the seller is lying.

also since you’re looking at old info... don’t touch the B board jumpers. They’re fine. Download the updated instructions from the post on here.

Darksoft CPS2 Multi has come such a long way. Just installed into a working Marvel vs Capcom board super easy and easily reversible.

I went down this path recently, and yeah in the end I just "killed" the board I had by pulling the battery and shorting pins to clear the encryption key. I did have a little hic-up getting the reprogramming pins hooked up due to the adapter I used, but in the end it's all working well. Seems the best option, is to just use the cheapest board you can get. But I would try to get a higher revision number and remember to get a PAL-G.

Back