What's new
@rtw thanks for the link. i just tested the whole thing. still it does not work... can the sd card slot on the cart be broken? at this point my confidince is high that the cart is ok...

Received my kit. All is working well with my MV-1B. Except I can’t seem to get the Right + 1p Start or Up + 1p Start to work. Any ideas?

windows 10. yes (clustersize 64KBytes). sdhc (samsung evo micosd sdhc I). yes (cart is inserted properly). original games work.

• MV1a
  • unibios 3.1 (usa, arcade)
problem (stuck at "please wait..." remains). from that screen i can access the bios menu (a,b,c,start). i never got to the game select menu.
Can you try with a regular BIOS? I doubt is that, but worth a try.

New version of the menu uploaded!

Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware and Instructions

This should fix several problems with games not showing up on the list.
REMEMBER!!! Read the instructions! You have to copy the menu in 2 folders! At least for now. In future updates we'll probably change that.

We are working now on the rest of issues.

nice! I'm going to do some tests more with the new firmware, and if everything turns out to be positive I'm going to send back the cart to @LHantz since that was the last 'big' glitch I was able to reproduce :)

Hi. I've read the thread and haven't seen what I have experienced with my cart/setup specifically.

For reference, I am using a 1 Slot CMVS from JNX (I haven't taken apart the case to see the board revision)

I followed Deibits post on page 8 when setting up my SD card. I had noticed a similar issue earlier this week - specifically missing roms on the list - but with updating the cart with today's firmware - I haven't had that issue.

What has been consistent is the failure to load Windjammers when the rom is assigned to Slot 1. In Slot 1, I had it sit for up to 15 mins in the loading screen with no change. I reset and loaded Windjammers twice, once in Slot 2 and 3 with no issue.

Hope this helps.

Received my kit. All is working well with my MV-1B. Except I can’t seem to get the Right + 1p Start or Up + 1p Start to work. Any ideas?
Still the same issue after updating to today’s , 2018-25-2, menu update. I have to power cycle, return to menu, then flash game.

how are you connecting the Mobo to the controls? Supergun? Jamma harness? (which? How long is it?) Extension? Jamma switcher? Some kind of control adapter/ mapper?

Last edited:
do you have the possibility to make a cross-check by connecting it directly to a supergun? I also lose control eventually of the menu-macros when using some combinations (like for example MoBo to JAMMA extension to 6-in-1 switcher to HAS...)

What has been consistent is the failure to load Windjammers when the rom is assigned to Slot 1. In Slot 1, I had it sit for up to 15 mins in the loading screen with no change. I reset and loaded Windjammers twice, once in Slot 2 and 3 with no issue.

Hope this helps.
it does help. Thanks a lot. Well look into it.

Hey guys,

Love this cart. What an amazing piece of tech.

Have a minor issue that may help with troubleshooting.

I have an OMEGA CMVS. Uni-bios 3.3.

When I change the system region under the system menu from USA to Japan this works under the new Menu. I have my UNI-Bios set to Japan as well (I try and keep both the same). System is also set to console mode in both the Uni-Bios and the DarkSoft Cart.

However, after I do this (and this behavior does not change on reset), trying to change any option under the game menu itself (softdips) causes the cart to lock. The music still plays at this point, but the cart screen goes to switch to the game menu and never pops up. You can soft reset out of this using the Uni-Bios commands.

Now this is a minor issue because most games let you change their options internally anyways and the big thing is getting the region changed.

I was having crashes and corrupted games if I exited back to the menu and tried to change games under the last Menu. I tried the new update and things seem more stable but I haven't tried changing the games themselves yet after the initial time. Haven't really mucked around with booting straight back into the menu.

Thanks,

Steve

thanks for info. Can you confirm if what makes it behave like this is the console mode or the region?
Is otherwise working well your setup?

Just one so far. When The "Press S" screen comes up, if you wait past the guy holding out "5" before you press Start, it simply will not work. Press it before "5", and it works fine.
Yes, this happens.

The hippy doesn't like to be interrupted.

New version of the menu uploaded!

Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware and Instructions

This should fix several problems with games not showing up on the list.
REMEMBER!!! Read the instructions! You have to copy the menu in 2 folders! At least for now. In future updates we'll probably change that.

We are working now on the rest of issues.
MV1-FZS / unibios 3.3 / HAS 3.1
With this new menu, the about section indicates 224 games available. I didn't count the game list to be honest, but wjammers is here :)
I still have the green unibios error screen with kof98.
The thing is that kof98 is the first game I've flashed in slot 1 (removed before SLOT and BUFF files). After rebooting, I was able to go to the left or to the right outside of the screen when starting to play kof98. It's something I've seen with an old menu version.

Hey Darksoft,

Did some extra testing today just to give more information. It isn't exhaustive but I did test a lot of different features.

System: Omega CMVS UniBios 3.3 Set to Japan Console
SD Card is formatted to FAT 32
Under the Help option in the menu it is reporting a menu date of 1/28/18. I did apply the new update per the new instructions.

Booting Behaviour: Prior to update could not boot into unibios region menu. Now you can. You also boot into this menu prior to starting a game (meaning you can switch to JAPAN/USA per flashed game.. I did NOT test arcade to console however) -> this changes all of the games, however.

System/Games Menu: Games Menu crashes upon change to Japan region under System. Under USA this does not happen. However, even when it works Uni-Bios automatically overwrites everything anyways. A system set to Japan Console will over-write USA console settings in the Darksoft menu.

Diagnostics: Trying to run diagnostics crashes the cart regardless of whether you do it first or after booting back into the menu after playing games. I cannot get past the file system check on this.

Setting new games to slots after booting back into the menu from games: This has been reported before but generally causes havoc. One game will work but the others will bring up an address fault and keep rebooting. Oddly enough, the games do work after a hard reset (turn the system on and off).

Setting new games upon a fresh boot: This works great. Even flashing three large games is working now (where this was wonky under the previous menu).

Game performance: Cross referencing my copies of KOF 2002 and SVC Chaos seem to be exact copies. The sound seems just as good to me, although I can't exactly do a side to side comparison without a capture card. There is even an audio glitch in SVC Chaos (that I thought was my cart-certain sounds pop like the Zanretsuken or certain supers) that is reproduced in the Multi-Cart.

That's all I have for now.

Last edited:
can you shoot a short video of this please?
Here is a video made with the previous menu version.

The funny thing is since you asked me to make a video, I only got this error 2 times, so it's not easy to reproduce or to explain :( but it' a good point :)
The thing with the character being able to leave the screen happened 2 times (1 time with the previous menu an 1 time with the latest one).
I have no video but a picture.
IMG_20180220_233927.jpg

I had as well something strange trying to flash windjammers in slot1 with previous menu version. It never rebooted. So I had to hard boot my supergun.
But after booting, windjammers was in a "strange mode" and finished by crashing with the green unibios errors screen.
IMG_20180225_182153.jpg

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I managed to make a short video of the characters disappearing from screen with the new menu

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_182158.jpg
    IMG_20180225_182158.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I updated to the latest February menu.
Positively I see that all the pre-menu/game messages (with the white box) are not garbled any more, but nice and clean as they supposed to! :thumbsup:

Hey for the guys that we’re having problems with the mv-1fs board can you try and tune your 5v line to 4.6 reading directly on the Jamma edge of the board. Since I have dropped the voltage, I haven’t seen any problems, no boot problems, no switching games or to the menu problems, nothing at all. I’m curious to see if that will fix your problems too.

Back