What's new
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a limitation on being able to set the system into freeplay? I have a 1FZ and loaded Garou, and M etal slugs. Only have 1 coin slot and system is only registering credits when I'm running metal slug 3 but not on garou.

20180315_153342.jpg
Wow, has anyone here ever played Atari 2600 Maze Craze?

That looks just like it! Great 2 player game by the way!

:D

Hi, i am Alex from Munich.

I received last week my Omega MVS. With Unibios 3.3.

I am new in the Neo Geo World. Therfore i made the first steps with the normal cards. Eyerthing fine.

Today i started with the darksoft multicard.

I was able to start one game. Metal Slug 3 - super. Everythings works.

But the userinterface of the multicard is not so easy to unterstand. Is there an „manual“? Which are the right steps to get 3 games in the 3 slots? And how can i change between the 3 games.

Now i am at the point that i am only able to play the one game.

THX

OK, posting here from here since this thread is technically the correct one. Here's the issue I've been having:

- The cart always resets to default preferences on boot. Nothing is remembered (preferences, DIP switches, high scores) except for saved games.
- I checked the SD card, the BUF1 file is there (13gkB in size according to Windows 7)

Using unbios 3.3, MV-1C board, HAS supergun, PVM, arcade power supply set to 5.04V

OK, posting here from here since this thread is technically the correct one. Here's the issue I've been having:

- The cart always resets to default preferences on boot. Nothing is remembered (preferences, DIP switches, high scores) except for saved games.
- I checked the SD card, the BUF1 file is there (13gkB in size according to Windows 7)

Using unbios 3.3, MV-1C board, HAS supergun, PVM, arcade power supply set to 5.04V
have you checked the battery on your motherboard? Has still the proper voltage?

Yea that ^

Just like a real game cart, the multi saves its settings (music options for example) into NVRAM as well.
If your board is unable to read/write/retain NVRAM that will happen.

my mv1c also didn't save settings until I replaced the battery

So, cart preferences are saved on backup memory...do they get overwritten if I play too many games? can this save location be changed somehow in firmware, or is it not possible to save those preferences on the cart itself? how will the AES version work?

Backup memory can hold the configuration of up to 7 games. When the menu detects that we change a game, it will automatically back up the configuration of the previous game so we dont lose the settings. Same applies for AES.

Hi, I read in the other topic that a new fw has been released. Good! :) I have already updated the menu, so I only need to update the firmware I suppose.

Is it necessary to format the microSD before to update the firmware or I can simply put the 2 files in the \update folder and load the flashcard?
Which are the bugs fixed with this fw?

thanks!

No,that's the current firmware yet. New one will be uploaded as soon as all known bugs have been fixed.

Backup memory can hold the configuration of up to 7 games. When the menu detects that we change a game, it will automatically back up the configuration of the previous game so we dont lose the settings. Same applies for AES.
I see. I still can't understand why the cart was made to depend on the backup memory of the board, unless it is 100% necessary with no other possible way? i don't get it...

I guess it could have been implemented in many other ways, but the standard way sounds like the most understandable of all options :)

Last edited:
Back