What's new
I use the 6-in-1 with:

1: DS MVS Multi
2: Aje_fr CPS1-Multi
3: DS CPS2-Multi
4: DS CPS-3 Multi
5: DS F3 Multi
6: DS ST-V Multi

They all work undervolted to 4.7V with the exception on CPS-1 and CPS-2 that like to work at 5.0V

The good thing with the 6-in-1is that it doesn't switch automatically when switched on. So you can always finetune it before switching to the game PCB.

Last edited:
I use the 6-in-1 with:

1: DS MVS Multi
2: Aje_fr CPS1-Multi
3: DS CPS2-Multi
4: DS CPS-3 Multi
5: DS F3 Multi
6: DS ST-V Multi

They all work undervolted to 4.7V with the exception on CPS-1 and CPS-2 that like to work at 5.0V

The good thing with the 6-in-1is that it doesn't switch automatically when switched on. So you can always finetune it before switching to the game PCB.
and which cab would be big enough to fit all that?

the FZ itself does not have issues when I use it directly connected to the HAS
Yes this has been my finding as well...

IF I use the HAS or RECO in the JAMMA chain before the 1FZ I can run at 5.18v+ with no problems (I actually like to stay above 5.0v because of the above mentioned CPS1/2).
IF I plug my cab directly into the 1FZ (and don't lower the voltage) I sometimes get strange effects like wrong button presses (but its not consistent).

I know I'm getting off-topic now, but what do you guys use for jamma switchers? I don't mind spending some money, so curious what's out there. I would ideally like something to sit on my HAS with up to (4) or so devices.

I see those 2-in-1s all over eBay, but there must be something better out there.

Thanks!

Last edited:
how are you sharing the power between your two pcbs and the supergun? Do you have a 2-in-1 Janna splitter or something similar?
just got back from testing different voltages. Went down by .05 from 5.0v to 4.6v, i made sure to reboot after each voltage change and used my aes controller for all testing now. I then went back up by .04 until I was back at 5.0 again. No changes or improvements with MotW and only being able to fight with button 2. I did rewrite the game when I hit 4.6v. I don’t use a jamma splitter or switch. I have a 2ft long power cord and 10ft long scart cable going to my supergun so I can switch from cps2 to neogeo in seconds. (My cps2 has a little 2” jamma extension which has the kick harness constantly connected so I don’t have to mess with unplugging/replugging the kickharness everytime). MotW did work before the menu update. I did clean my jamma edge like in the instructions said to in the instructions. I didn’t technically check the bios voltage but I installed a brand new battery less than a year ago and barely have 80 hours of use since then. I can confirm via the unibios that button 1 and 3 work when I pull up the menu while fighting so the neo geo is getting signals. Should I delete that buff file? Should I rewrite my sd card and rewrite the slots?

if you didn't delete the buff file after updating, you should do it.. weird things happen if you keep the old buff file (at least with the last update).

if you didn't delete the buff file after updating, you should do it.. weird things happen if you keep the old buff file (at least with the last update).
talking of the Buff file, any news on save state file tool/update?
I don't want to delete my Buff as my high scores are in.
How would it work? Do i need a pc each time or can the saves be read from a safe file location ( eg extra root folder )

talking of the Buff file, any news on save state file tool/update?I don't want to delete my Buff as my high scores are in.
How would it work? Do i need a pc each time or can the saves be read from a safe file location ( eg extra root folder )
1- Interested as well.
2- Save the BUFF file on your PC to keep it
3- Well 2 kinda makes a PC proggy useful but maybe an option could be build in to allow for BUFF files saved in another dir of the sd card purely for save files functionality if easily enough implemented ?

Just got back from trying the buff file. I had deleted it as instructed when I updated the menu files. However since I started having the MotW issue I just went to my pc, backed up the buff file, deleted the buff file off the sd card, deleted the garou rom files, reapplied the rom files from smokemonster’s rom pack I used, safely ejected (win 10), and tried it again. It took a minute to make the buff file like normal and I rewrote all 3 game slots making sure to move motw to a different slot than last time. Still doing the button 2 only while fighting. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas. I can format the sd card and reapply the rom pack and menu.

Definitely that shouldn't happen. There must something else in your setup that is making that happen. Is this the only game where that happens?

Yep, only MotW. I’ve played all the Samurai Shodowns, Metal Slug’s, Real Bouts, KOF’s, etc with the new menu and none of them have had video glitches or any input problems.

http://www.riddledtv.com/arcade/jamma_switchers.html

For all your jamma switching needs. Better than the products on eBay made in China.
Awesome - thank you!

EDIT - regarding some of these...is there a flexible cable or harness solution so that I could use a 4 or 6 but keep each of the boards on a shelf next to each other? I guess I'd mount the switcher at the back of the stand, then connect something from it to the boards. I don't expect them to be much more than 3-4 ft away max.

Thanks again!

Definitely that shouldn't happen. There must something else in your setup that is making that happen. Is this the only game where that happens?
Tried some more things. I wiped the card with sdformatter, downloaded the new rom pack, and applied this all on a different pc. I removed and reseated the multi cart. Looked over connections for dirt and visually checked for any leaking/blown caps. Then I tested it all again with a 3 game slot rewrite while moving garou to another slot. No change with MotW. For giggles I plugged in controller 2 and kind of get the reverse. All but button 2 can be used while fighting. What is extra odd is button 3 not only attacks but also moves the character up and left.

I found another game that doesn’t run. Fatal Fury 3 enters this kind of service mode with text at the top left. You can’t really get to the character select screen without it rebooting. I rewrote the slots and move fatal fury 3 to a new slot but no change even after a full turn off and back on.

I think it got lost in my overload of info (i work in IT so know the importantance of being able to duplicate all variables) but MotW did work for me. When I got the multi and installed the March rom pack I played MotW at least twice with full 1p controls and completed at least 3 whole fights. (Not that this really counts but MotW did work on my 161 in 1 with my setup but I know it isn’t apples to apples.) It wasn’t until I installed the new menu that I stopped being able to play MotW.

Control wise I am doing all testing on my aes controller just to rule our my 3+ adapters when i use my nicer x-arcade solo. No other games have really done this input issue and you would think the cps 2 would freakout if it was a short with my supergun or controller.

The only downside troubleshooting wise is I no longer have my mvs chip, I only have the unibios.

Great news guys. I got it working. I saw that latest post on games with issues about flushing the nvram and it worked! Both Fatal Fury 3 and MOTW are working now. I did the dip switch method that was posted.

I think that the menu should really have an option to flush the back-up memory without having to enter in the service menu :)

I see too many customized things here that could be the source of the problem:
5V mod, not preferred (at least for me) PSU type and no other mobos to try with. Let's see if the seller of the mobo can try with others and shed some light here about what the real problem is.
yes i think so. In this way he can perform various test, with different motherboard and different PSU. If the issue will be present in every condition, i will send the cart to you for additional investigations.

yes, confirmed, my MVS console has a 5V mod, the builder confirmed this.
Oh, I overlooked that your MVS is 5V modded. That makes it significantly easier to get a PSU. Here's a beefy 5V/6A at $10/shipped that would do the trick. This isn't guaranteed to fix your multi issue, but you should have a better PSU anyways.
ah perfect! thanks!
Hi, the builder of my consolized MVS is working on it. In his first test he tried with a more powerful PSU but the issue is still there...:( In the next hours he will try the cart on a different MVS console in order to check if the issue is related to the cart or to the MVS. I will keep you updated

Back