What's new
For anyone who cares the minor glitches I see on my MV-1A weren't fixed with the latest firmware and the trace cut. Pinning all my hopes on the next firmware revision now.
Have you had anyone else look at your cart yet? A few carts had a soldering defect that could cause gfx or sound issues.
Me and my friend bought our carts together so I can try his one on my MVS and see if it's any different - will let you know. I figured I would just chill and wait for the firmware because I am playing CPS2 anyway. Any ETA on a firmware?

No one else with a MV1A is complaining about any GFX issues so I doubt it is a FW issue personally.

@Nimmers see if you can test yours on another board if possible. Also happy for you to send it up here if you can't otherwise test it, 4 motherboards here I can put it into to test.

For anyone who cares the minor glitches I see on my MV-1A weren't fixed with the latest firmware and the trace cut. Pinning all my hopes on the next firmware revision now.
Have you had anyone else look at your cart yet? A few carts had a soldering defect that could cause gfx or sound issues.
I have not.

I have done all the menu and firmware updates and I cut the required trace.

Here are some videos of what the MV1A does taken on an iPhone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL-PVXNx0nrXRvN_9pWrSa7b_QsqHyRE6

Interestingly now you mention sound, blues journey seems to pop and crackle a bit on the attract screen music. This particular MV-1A works perfectly fine as far as I know, I have used it to play Samurai Shodown 2 a lot on a real cart.

@Nimmers see if you can test yours on another board if possible. Also happy for you to send it up here if you can't otherwise test it, 4 motherboards here I can put it into to test.
The plot thickens, I dug out an MV1FS and it doesn't have the graphics problems but does seem to have the same scratchy sound on Blue's Journey's attract screen.

Next step from my side I will see if I can borrow a Blues Journey or a Fatal Fury legit cart to try out. I will also try my friend's cart on my MV-1A and see if there is any difference.

@Nimmers how good are you with the iron? Could you do a rework on the connector that joins the two boards inside the cart? That will probably fix your issues with sound.

Issues with graphics I'm inclined to think that a little cleaning on the cart edge should solve that part.

@Nimmers I sent my cart to @Mitsurugi-w who I believe reflowed PCB connector and pins.

This defect had the same over-all effect as dirty mobo pins.
I wouldn't have nailed it down so quickly if I hadn't had the beta cart to compare it with (aka beta was perfect, final was glitched same mobo and SD card).

@Nimmers how good are you with the iron? Could you do a rework on the connector that joins the two boards inside the cart? That will probably fix your issues with sound.

Issues with graphics I'm inclined to think that a little cleaning on the cart edge should solve that part.
Can you post a pic of what I need to reflow? If its just through hole stuff I should be ok.

I can take to my neo geo pins with some alcohol again but if I plug in a normal game - no issues. My MV-1A is in nice condition, basically NOS.

This is the part that may need rework. See picture attached.

Attachments

• Rework.jpg
    Rework.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 253
Only few units turned out to need rework but I will change it for smd connector.

Ok well I'll check my friend's cart and if his behaves any differently in my MVS. I guess I can try this or find someone to do it for me. Might be a few days to line up the cart test.

If I screw it up is the smaller board expensive to replace?

it can be arranged but will take time.

It's only a rework, just add flux and some solder to make sure there is proper contact. That should be it.
Also remember to be extra careful when removing the cart from the plastic shell in order not to rip off the microsd slot.

Hello, is the Darksoft Multi running with Unibios 3.2?

I have a Mv-B because the multi runs super. Today 1 Mvs fzfs get with unibios 3.2.

Have made clear ram
Menu and firmware on it. Buff file deleted. Some games work and some do not work at all.

I'm running UniBIOS 4.0 on my 1FZ, almost every game (with exception of known problems games like KOF98) works AOK.

BTW with UniBIOS 4.0 in "Pick'n Mix" mode, the Chinese 161-in-1 cart is actually good/usable!
Too bad it took Razolla this long to add the feature, would have been super awesome about 10 years ago... Now that I've got DS Multi I'm done with China carts.

I can't help but feel DS's Multi was at least partially responsible for prompting/pushing the release of this "pick'n mix" mode...
These guys (from NG.com) would do anything to detract from the value/importance of his cart, they've had how long now to add this feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
More than likely there is something wrong with your SD card. Probably need to reformat and copy everything back over at once.

Ok well I'll check my friend's cart and if his behaves any differently in my MVS. I guess I can try this or find someone to do it for me. Might be a few days to line up the cart test.
If I screw it up is the smaller board expensive to replace?
I finally got my friends cart and his does the same thing on my MV1A, latest firmware and menu.

Might be my motherboard, I will try and get a real Fatal Fury cart and see if it does the same thing.

Checked the soldeing on the connector on mine and while it's not the best it looks to all be solid. I also completely disassembled the MV1A and scrubbed all the connectors with a soft toothbrush and some alcahol.

Back