What's new
Did you read the instructions? The cart comes with latest firmware already installed.

When it makes an update you may see the cross hatch for several seconds. After that it will reset automatically.

Did you read the instructions? The cart comes with latest firmware already installed.

When it makes an update you may see the cross hatch for several seconds. After that it will reset automatically.
yes it was my fault, i copied firmware files into menu folder instead of the menu files. there is an easy way to organize games on sd? what romset is right to use with it?

Search on archive.org for "multipacks"

Inside the game sub directories you need the files to be in this format (I'm using Baseball Stars for this example)...

SD:\games\bstars\crom0
SD:\games\bstars\fpga
SD:\games\bstars\m1rom
SD:\games\bstars\prom
SD:\games\bstars\srom
SD:\games\bstars\vroma0

Inside the game sub directories you need the files to be in this format (I'm using Baseball Stars for this example)...

SD:\games\bstars\crom0
SD:\games\bstars\fpga
SD:\games\bstars\m1rom
SD:\games\bstars\prom
SD:\games\bstars\srom
SD:\games\bstars\vroma0
it is so. the first time i turned on the console without the audio jack inserted but when i connected it the audio when i am in the menu is also very crappy and distorted. it is ugly.

Did you do an update that didn't finish completely? In order to do an update, the files must be places at \update folder and as I said new batch comes with latest Firmware.

The proper way to be sure that the update went well is by checking the microSD and see if the files were deleted from the microSD.

Also, the usual obvious questions:
* Does your motherboard have any mods?
* Does your motherboard work well with regular carts?
* Did you try with a different motherboard?
* Can you please post some pictures of your setup.

Thanks,

Did you do an update that didn't finish completely? In order to do an update, the files must be places at \update folder and as I said new batch comes with latest Firmware.

The proper way to be sure that the update went well is by checking the microSD and see if the files were deleted from the microSD.

Also, the usual obvious questions:
* Does your motherboard have any mods?
* Does your motherboard work well with regular carts?
* Did you try with a different motherboard?
* Can you please post some pictures of your setup.

Thanks,
i placed the firmware file in the menu folder and i suppose that update never started, after i had found to have copied wrong files i manually deleted them (i am meaning the firmare files) and copied the menu files in the /update/menu folder and i can confirm that the menu folder has been deleted by automatically. mv1b is flattened, i had done stereo mod and 5v mod, i installed gbscontrol. i have only ironclad and it works good, i have another motherboard but the audio is broken for sure and i didn't tested on it.

Sounds to me like you corrupted the menu files and need to re-update your menu.

I just waked up and tested everything, i realized that i needed first to select and assign a game to a slot and hit C button, after that i hit exit and program cart. I was wrong because i thought that it worked the same way as everdrive cart. About the sound issues it is the faulty mv1b because i tried another game sound is crackling everytime except the initial snk gingle that is sound right.

I'd go ahead with the menu update procedure again.
It can't hurt (unless you power off mid update or something), just takes a few moments to update.

delete all files in the main directory of your microSD like REVISION or BUFF, SLOT, but leave the folders update and games as they are. See if that helps,

if not, just try to do a FW update and let us know how it goes.
I installed the new power supply so I'm pretty confident it has a good clean power source at this point. But I'm still getting those graphical glitches, and I can live with those. But now I'm also getting audio dropouts. They happen with every game and usually I can't get through the first level without losing audio. The audio usually comes back when a new level begins but then drops out again after a bit.

Any ideas on what could cause those kind of audio dropouts? Again, the regular carts never have any issues related to graphics or sound.

I think it's your cart now but glad to hear that it's working.
i have converted a pop'n bounce bootleg someone sold me on ebay for legit cart to ironclad. i have 2 mvs board. the mv1b flattened that i repaired and a ifz with z80 error. i cannot test audio on fz but i can test it on the 1b. What i have done is:1) testing the 1b with the ironclad that i had created, 2) testing it with the banana cart and 3) test it with your cart and audio is crappy with all. i also tested it with the neodiag and copying the m1 rom into an sd and loaded the game rom into the first slot and during audio test i had z80 - 68k communication error (hello) expected 3c actual ff. Maybe i am making something wrong with z80 audio test because i forgot what is soft reboot combination, but i almost sure that it is related to my mv1b board. tomorrow hopefully i will receive a working 1fz and i will try them all. But i have more than a doubt on the banana cart because the fz was working after i repaired it from watchdog but after 5 minute of play audio broken and i am thinking that it is this crappy banana cart that had destroyed mvs audio components on both boards.

Think I posted this in the wrong thread initially, so here goes on the repost:

Picked up the MVS multi recently & have been trying to get it to work w/a MV1AX board.

Definitely seem to be stuck on something in the menus. The Darksoft menus boot & updated it to the latest version in the multi instruction post. I had some initial difficulty resetting the NVRAM due to not having my controllers wired up. After some rewiring, but when I have games loaded in slots 1-3, it just loops a test menu.

Doesn't appear to matter which ROM I pick, everything sticks at a test menu. It's a shorter test menu than the one via dipswitches. Limited to: CRT Test->RGBW->IO>Sound->MemCard->Date/Time.

>> Turned out it was the ROMSet, didn't realize there was a separate one for the Darksoft. Got it after a bit of searching & has been working fine since.

Last edited:
Back