What's new
I can confirm @Fuzzy_Dunlop issue with shock-troopers. I used mv1a with SNK bios.

Language = English
Violence = on

First play worked fine. Went back to menu and restarted game.

When I tried to start game after inserting credit the game crashes and soft reboots.

Language is reset in soft dips.

I did not see any issue with the sound in slot 3.

Edit: I don't see the issue when using unibios on the mv1a. Very strange.

Edit 2: no issue with unibios on mv1c either.

Last edited:
I recently acquired a 4 slot Big Red.
I was pretty happy to have the multi and other catridges to use in there.

I must say my experiences of the last 2 days have brought the multi back to my 1 slot motherboard… :(

- multi not detected 2 times out of 3
- does not boot on the multi, have to select everything twice to come back to it
- changing games requires yet again the same multiple select button presses.

Anyway, i am having a much better time in a single slot motherboard where everything is instantaneous.

Are these “annoyances” normal? How are others dealing with them?! Cause i am thinking about flipping the big red!

Thank you

On every boot the multi slot pcb wil not detect the multi until it fully loads. So the best thing to do is boot the cabinet and wait a few minutes. After the cart boots you can use the select game button on the cab to go to the multi slot. The only thing is that when you have the multi selected and you change slot on the multi, the motherboard will temporarily lose connection to the cart and you will need to cycle back to the multi using the select game button of the cab.

It is a bit annoying but it is normal when using the multi cart and there is no way around it.

I just wanted to post and share my experience causing a number of odd issues.

I was using a new Mac Mini to format and setup the SD card, ultimately this creating hidden files was causing the root problem. Running this command in terminal seemed to clear it all up:
Insert the name of volume where SD card is located in place, you can do this easily by opening up finder and drag and dropping the sd card into the terminal window after -mn .

dot_clean -mn "Insert volume here"

I know it has been mentioned before but I wanted to share this because the standard dot_clean command did not work. Hope this helps someone.

To really clean out everything from mounted drives on OS/X, run the following commands:

dot_clean "/Volumes/MVS"
find "/Volumes/MVS" -type f -name ".DS_Store" -delete
find "/Volumes/MVS" -type f -name "._*" -delete
find "/Volumes/MVS" -type f -name ".FBC*" -delete

find "/Volumes/MVS" -type f -name ".Spotlight*" -delete
find "/Volumes/MVS" -type f -name ".fseven*" -delete
find "/Volumes/MVS" -type d -name ".Trashes" -delete

Sorry for the double post. I think that I should have posted this here first

I’ve had my DS MVS Multi for a couple of days now and it’s awesome but it doesn’t seem to be saving my high scores/game settings etc.
I’m pretty sure that I’m using the save state function correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Can you recommend a good memory card?
MVS high scores are saved in backup ram. If you don't have a battery installed, they aren't saved.

Memory cards only store high scores on AES.

I thought the Multi-MVS had a backup ram save option? I haven't looked at it yet, but I recall seeing it in the menu.

If you are interested in memory cards as a method to save your game progress...

Which MVS board are you using? Many 1 slot boards don't support memory cards.

You can add memory card support with neobiosmasta-vmc if you have an mv1a (I think), mv1b, or mv1c.

Neobiosmasta-vmc are hard to to come by because production is usually very limited.

MVS high scores are saved in backup ram. If you don't have a battery installed, they aren't saved.

Memory cards only store high scores on AES.

I thought the Multi-MVS had a backup ram save option? I haven't looked at it yet, but I recall seeing it in the menu.

If you are interested in memory cards as a method to save your game progress...

Which MVS board are you using? Many 1 slot boards don't support memory cards.

You can add memory card support with neobiosmasta-vmc if you have an mv1a (I think), mv1b, or mv1c.

Neobiosmasta-vmc are hard to to come by because production is usually very limited.
My board is a MVS 1B and the battery is good

I’ve checked the voltage of the battery with a meter and it’s 2.5v. The board has a battery mod. Is 2.5v enough to save?

I don’t have any other carts to try
Well - that might be an issue. It's always good to have a way to compare. To the operation of a normal cart.

We can't say "it's the multi" if we don't know your MVS is sound.

2.5v should be fine. There could be other reasons the scores aren't saving.

I will take a look at mine tonight and see how it operates. I haven't spent a ton of time with this multi yet.

Well - that might be an issue. It's always good to have a way to compare. To the operation of a normal cart.

We can't say "it's the multi" if we don't know your MVS is sound.

2.5v should be fine. There could be other reasons the scores aren't saving.

I will take a look at mine tonight and see how it operates. I haven't spent a ton of time with this multi yet.
Let me know how you get on with it. Thanks

Back