What's new
Thanks, that sucks haha. I'll ask around on the Neo Geo forum to see if they can pinpoint where to look on the mobo.
You can also ask here. Nothing stops you from doing that. We also have a lot of experts and very helpful members.

I can't get this thing to work on my Time Harvest CMVS. I got it to load the menu in the beginning. I went to update it and it's never really worked since. Now i'm stuck on "checking games".
3 years later -- I just received Time Harvest CMVS (the one in an AES shell) and it exhibits this exact same behavior with the MultiMVS cart. Stuck in "Checking Games".

The same MultiMVS cartridge works perfectly on my other self-made CMVS system, so I know the Darksoft cartridge is OK and the SD card is proper.

The Time Harvest CMVS has a working battery, other carts (including 161) works on it fine, my settings are saved and survive a power off/unplug. It included a "12V 8A" huge laptop-style power brick.

I will assume something in the Time Harvest daughterboards are doing some funny business. Maybe the USB controller ports. Too bad because it is a nice system, otherwise.

3 years later -- I just received Time Harvest CMVS (the one in an AES shell) and it exhibits this exact same behavior with the MultiMVS cart. Stuck in "Checking Games".

The same MultiMVS cartridge works perfectly on my other self-made CMVS system, so I know the Darksoft cartridge is OK and the SD card is proper.

The Time Harvest CMVS has a working battery, other carts (including 161) works on it fine, my settings are saved and survive a power off/unplug. It included a "12V 8A" huge laptop-style power brick.

I will assume something in the Time Harvest daughterboards are doing some funny business. Maybe the USB controller ports. Too bad because it is a nice system, otherwise.

I can't help with your issue but I can relay my experience. Draw from it what you will.

I have 2 of these AES like CMVS and they both work with the Darksoft multi, to a degree.

The darksoft MVS cart works but graphical glitches a present in some games. Garou especially.

Neo SD is the same with slightly different glitches. Less actually.

These AES like cmvs are mv1b based and they are missing 1 of the chips on the cartridge board. I forget which one, it's been a while. It's to left of the slot. They use a pass through flex cable instead of the real chip.

I believe this missing chip is what causes the issues I see (based on feedback received in this forum).

All real carts work fine.

I don't use these systems because of these issues.

I can't help with your issue but I can relay my experience. Draw from it what you will.

I have 2 of these AES like CMVS and they both work with the Darksoft multi, to a degree.

The darksoft MVS cart works but graphical glitches a present in some games. Garou especially.

These AES like cmvs are mv1b based and they are missing 1 of the chips on the cartridge board. I forget which one, it's been a while. It's to left of the slot. They use a pass through flex cable instead of the real chip.

I believe this missing chip is what causes the issues I see (based on feedback received in this forum).

Interesting, and good to know. Thanks!

I did not open mine, but there are photos of the board here:
https://timeharvest.net/products/bo...161-in-1-card-estimated-delivery-time-20-days

Looks like the NEO-BUF chip was removed. Neo-Geo Development Wiki says "NEO-BUF chip is used as a uni-directionnal buffer for the 68k data bus. Some of these faulty chips were replaced by small passive pass-through boards by third parties, which may cause some games to crash"

Interesting, and good to know. Thanks!

I did not open mine, but there are photos of the board here:
https://timeharvest.net/products/bo...161-in-1-card-estimated-delivery-time-20-days

Looks like the NEO-BUF chip was removed. Neo-Geo Development Wiki says "NEO-BUF chip is used as a uni-directionnal buffer for the 68k data bus. Some of these faulty chips were replaced by small passive pass-through boards by third parties, which may cause some games to crash"
That's exactly it.

Is it possible to put the missing chip again in its place and test?

I can confirm @Fuzzy_Dunlop issue with shock-troopers. I used mv1a with SNK bios.

Language = English
Violence = on

First play worked fine. Went back to menu and restarted game.

When I tried to start game after inserting credit the game crashes and soft reboots.

Language is reset in soft dips.

I did not see any issue with the sound in slot 3.

Edit: I don't see the issue when using unibios on the mv1a. Very strange.

Edit 2: no issue with unibios on mv1c either.

I’m having the same problem here with SHOCK TROOPERS REV 2. Is there any solution found?😱

This is my problem https://photos.app.goo.gl/AkWLwryH1m3wctpW7

Last edited:
If you read the bottom of my post (edit 1 and edit 2), I found the same thing. Unibios worked fine.

True! So UNIBIOS is needed to play this . Right ? Still doing tests today🤣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 17
Tested with Shock Troopers original unit. In one of my MVS motherboards, the game didn't sound on attract mode and when entering the points screen, it threw exception.

Cleaning the backup ram on MVS test mode did the work. It seems this game is a little sensitive to backup ram info.

Attachments

• PXL_20240411_170700277.jpg
    PXL_20240411_170700277.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 14
Back