What's new
Mac formatting works fine, just use Disk Utility and "MS-DOS" format.
Right there, out of the box :thumbsup:

Mac formatting works fine, just use Disk Utility and "MS-DOS" format.
Right there, out of the box :thumbsup:
Thank you for adding that. Not being a mac user, I'm admittedly ignorant and welcome the educating.

No when i try first it was without update just with the simple roll up pack extracted to the micro maintaining the structure, it goes black so after i formated, and try with the updated menu but black again, no sound, no menu no loading, nothing, first time just with the roll up pack, second and third time with the updated menu.
"menu" or files in it were never deleted. (excuse my poor english)
Even with no card inserted you should have something on screen when you boot. Give us more info about your setup please.

Loaded up Sandisk Ultra 16gb 80mb/s with the smokemonster beta pack 2.

Neo Geo MV-1F I believe, tested by playing my Metal Slug cart for 3 credits beforehand.

Sometimes it gets stuck on initializing filesystem, other times it just tells me no games found.

I will buy a different brand sd card (will try and get a samsung evo) on my way to an event in a few minutes. I'll let you know how it goes when I get home.

Loaded up Sandisk Ultra 16gb 80mb/s with the smokemonster beta pack 2.

Neo Geo MV-1F I believe, tested by playing my Metal Slug cart for 3 credits beforehand.

Sometimes it gets stuck on initializing filesystem, other times it just tells me no games found.

I will buy a different brand sd card (will try and get a samsung evo) on my way to an event in a few minutes. I'll let you know how it goes when I get home.
MV-1F you say?
Try lowering your voltage to 4.6-4.8V, don't know why, but it seems so work for lots of people with MV-1F and MV-1FS boards...

Yep, that sounds awfully familiar, as @PascalP suggested lowering the 5v helps for now, a fix is currently being worked on :)

oh, lol didn't see this until after I picked up a couple more cards. Oh well, always good to have SD cards in this hobby.

I will definitely lowering the voltage :)

"Even with no card inserted you should have something on screen when you boot. Give us more info about your setup please."

Ok this evening doing some new tests, i really try hard :

My set up is a CMVS omega classic no built in save, just unibios, bought in may 2014 from the official omega shop, it goes through a scart switcher (gscartsw lite) to an OSSC, by using this set up my omega CMVS works fine with original MVS or chinese 161 in 1, with Darksoft MVS screen is black with or without micro SD, with or without menu update on the micro SD it's the same black screen, same with another micro SD no menu, no sound, no loading.

Tonight i've tested the cartridge with my another CMVS, an older MV1FZ with older unibios consolized by neooldstore, with no OSSC or scart switcher, directly hooked through RGB to a sony trinitron, chinese yellow 161 OK, darksoft MVS with or without micro SD, nothing, just black screen same as on CMVS omega.

Sorry i can't figure what' happens, i often use some krikzz everdrive, etc, but this time with this very nice MVS i can't explain why it doesn't work, not at all, it drives me crazy, i even try mailing to save your games, fast answer and very nice people but can't tell what s wrong.

@CDZ lets see what Darksoft has to say, but it seems like this is a defective cart.
You should get something on-screen, and the fact you are not with two different boards... ?(

I really don't want bothering anybody, i'm very carefull with my consoles, when i put the cartridge i see a green fix light in it, the package was very very good for shipping, the cartridge didn t fall on the floor, i didnt try opening, no shock or anything else, the only thing i noticed was something like a very small piece of something moving in it, but sometimes it can happens in original mvs cartridge that works well, some very tiny piece of plastic or whatever moving in it but i don't want to open it to verify cause it could void warranty.

Unless the cart is dead from factory, the cart should work/do something.

If you see the green led in the cart it's doing something/it's getting power. Darksoft made the cart so it cant be bricked, there is a way to restore it.
Im sure he will chime in soon enough and tell you what to do exactly to get it back to working. Please hold for him to respond.

Thank you for your kindness, really.
All carts are tested one by one before shipping. That thing moving inside the cart definitely sounds to me like damage during shipping. Please send back to me and I'll have a look. I'll PM you my address.

Ok lowering the voltage solved my problem. Running at 4.75-4.8v

Some minor sound glitches running through LB2 and SvC attract mode but otherwise everything is great.

Urgh

Played through KOF2k2, all good. #BeatIt2018
Switch to LB2, coin up, can't even get to character select, it just restarts the game.
Switch to SvC:C, don't even get past first fight without it glitching out and restarting.

Put on LB2, KOF2k3, SvC:C
Same issue with LB2, KOF2k3 didn't get past first fight, same issue with SvC:C

If anything else would help you figure it out let me know.

Additional info: Smokemonster Beta 2 pack, I will try a different SD card tomorrow but I doubt it's that.

Try deleting the three slots then load SVC into slot 1 only and try it out.

Back