What's new
I'm gonna try to get mister rom working when I get home. Wish me luck. I'm super not computer savy
Ok @ItsBobDudes sent me over his working set. I am out of town so sadly I can't test, but I'm realizing that MiSTer uses the merged set. My bad! I think I just installed it on mine manually, but download-all pulls down the main rom and then the variants in separate subfolders.

I think this will work for you and @Mrhide then.
Download this new zip. Extract it and put the MRA into "/media/fat/_Arcade" folder.

Then you need to build a dedicated, separate ddonpach(campaign).zip file (named 'ddonpach(campaign).zip' to match this MRA file). You may have to consolidate some files from the different folders, but it's basically the patched u62, u27, u7, and u6, plus all the other standard files. That all needs to be zipped up. Here's what it looks like on my computer, you can see from the datestamps that the top 4 files were modified. (probably b1.u27 and b2.u26 are not required but this is what @ItsBobDudes tested as working)

1703266899020.png

That resulting ddonpach(campaign).zip goes in /media/fat/games/mame

Anyway sorry for the hiccup. This is very helpful so I get the actual release right though!

Attachments

• DoDonPachi (C).zip
    796 bytes · Views: 160
Last edited:
Ok @ItsBobDudes sent me over his working set. I am out of town so sadly I can't test, but I'm realizing that MiSTer uses the merged set. My bad! I think I just installed it on mine manually, but download-all pulls down the main rom and then the variants in separate subfolders.

I think this will work for you and @Mrhide then.
Download this new zip. Extract it and put the MRA into "/media/fat/_Arcade" folder.

Then you need to build a dedicated, separate ddonpach(campaign).zip file (named 'ddonpach(campaign).zip' to match this MRA file). You may have to consolidate some files from the different folders, but it's basically the patched u62, u27, u7, and u6, plus all the other standard files. That all needs to be zipped up. Here's what it looks like on my computer, you can see from the datestamps that the top 4 files were modified. (probably b1.u27 and b2.u26 are not required but this is what @ItsBobDudes tested as working)

1703266899020.png

That resulting ddonpach(campaign).zip goes in /media/fat/games/mame

Anyway sorry for the hiccup. This is very helpful so I get the actual release right though!

From your list of files, b1.u27 et b2.u26 wasn't in my zip: it's not in the J or the Arrange zip but is in the main ddp zip. I've added them and ok that works!

now I need to remove these 2 files and try again! be right back.

edit: back and it still works without b1.u27 and b2.u26. These files appear to NOT be needed then and that DoDonPachi (C).mra from @itBobDudes is all that's needed

Last edited:
Holy shit, what an awesome project!

This is amazing ekorz, thanks for doing this and making it available.

I remember reading that there were some hardware differences between original DDP and the campaign version pcb. Do you know anything about that? I remember it came up during discussions about why the ddp campaign pcb owner wouldn’t be willing to dump the roms. Was that just fud?

I remember reading that there were some hardware differences between original DDP and the campaign version pcb. Do you know anything about that? I remember it came up during discussions about why the ddp campaign pcb owner wouldn’t be willing to dump the roms. Was that just fud?
Without the pcb in front of me I can't be 100% positive. But I'm totally happy to speculate now that I've done all this work!

Here's the pcb (from https://lostmediawiki.com/DoDonpachi_Campaign_Version_(lost_arcade_game_remix_version;_1997))
DDPCVPCB.jpg

Practically EVERYTHING through-hole looks socketed. The CPU is in a socket. The program roms are in ZIF sockets that are then, socketed. The GALs, logic, etc. are also socketed. Only surface mounted stuff is soldered onto the board. So IMO this was a development pcb to start.

I cannot tell if the cpu was upgraded, but I don't think it was for a couple reasons. One is I think the communication to the nvram was timed for that speed of CPU, and another is that my version is running quite capably (with upgrades to bullets etc) and I don't even have source. I don't think ram was upgraded because I also had enough room, without source. Also I think that's part of the SMD chipset so it's more likely it's the same across the whole platform.

I do know both program roms and 3 of the other socketed roms had updated code on them, because that's what I needed to change. Otherwise I highly doubt anything is different on this pcb, from stock. Even without knowing which chips had changed code, a hardware-naive owner could remove all the socketed roms and dump it very easily. So my charitable guess is that the uneducated owner sees all those socketed chips, and the ZIF socket, and assumes it's not a 'stock' pcb, and is nervous about goofing up a 1-of-a-kind item. But there's no reason the owner shouldn't dump those roms, at least for his backup/safety. I'm also of the opinion that they should be submitted to MAME, which is ultimate preservation, but of course all I can do is wag my finger and question their judgement.

Oh, well, and I guess I can also rebuild it all too :)

Dope... My PCB just got back from Reflow. My sockets are salivating for these roms. Big thank you for this project. Is there a donation link so I can toss you beer money? I'd really like to do that since you're literally doing all this for free. Thank you so much.

Dope... My PCB just got back from Reflow. My sockets are salivating for these roms. Big thank you for this project. Is there a donation link so I can toss you beer money? I'd really like to do that since you're literally doing all this for free. Thank you so much.
No donation link, just spread the word! Oh and don't put the currently-uploaded build on your pcb :)
Did they socket all the roms? You would need sockets for these (look at the photo above)

u27,u26,u50,u53,u62

Nevermind, user error. I already had Lunar IPS 1.02 on my computer so I used that. I had no idea it's been updated. The current version is 1.03 and it works perfect with that.
Thanks for the info. I've updated my copy.

No donation link, just spread the word! Oh and don't put the currently-uploaded build on your pcb :)
Did they socket all the roms? You would need sockets for these (look at the photo above)

u27,u26,u50,u53,u62
Reading too fast... Yeah no. I'll keep my DDP the way it is. Thank you.
At least we got MiSTer.
Again, I'll be reaching out to you for a donation.

@Mrhide sir ... i tried to load it, but all methods i tried end goes to in missing u62.bin .
Can you share with me your u7 , u26 , u27 , u62 ? or if cant all , only u62 ... Thanks in advance !
Im out of ideas . got succesfully results used Lunar Ips 1.03 version in command prompt line. but still same issue ... missing u62.bin with this one (u62.bin) in the zip.
64BE4278-294D-4ABF-BA69-BB78BDDA8BAD.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 8.27.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 8.27.57 AM.png
    665.9 KB · Views: 52
  • A3CCC65A-2B8B-429E-8A1C-970430B4E1A1.jpeg
    A3CCC65A-2B8B-429E-8A1C-970430B4E1A1.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Excellent work, i really enjoyed that. However, the first boss is a bit predictable, he just repeats the pattern over and over, is this a bug?
I hope you'll fix it before release!

Back