What's new

NeoField

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day,

I recently acquired a USA Alien vs Predator AB board and was super excited to finally get this game. I plugged it into my supergun and it boots to a black screen. I went ahead and installed the inifinikey to fix the suicide battery but still just a black screen.

Does anyone do repair work on pcbs in the USA that I could ship my boards too? I would love to get this game working. Thank you!

-Field

I’m about as far from the USA as it’s possible to get, so I can’t help physically, but normally screens are like this for me

Solid colour (normally green or red for me) = 68k can boot, can’t read program (because it’s encrypted) = dead battery or bad connection between a and b

Black screen with a few glitchy glyphs in the middle of the screen = 68k can boot, can read program code, can’t run program code = normally problem on A board

Game plays with glitches = can boot, can read program code, no can read sprite data, normally problem on B board

Plain black screen = 68k can’t boot = normally one of the big customs on the A board

Troubleshooting CPS2 is much much easier when you know if the fault is on the A board or the B board. So per Darksofts advice, next step from here is to swap for a known good A board and B board and see if you can isolate the problem.

Some notes from my various CPS2 repairs here, none are directly relevant to this problem sadly https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...e-we-had-a-leaky-battery-repair-thread.19678/

Back