What's new
Mark your items as sold

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Donpachi PCB - $750 OBO + shipping
Open to Offers/Trades.

IMG_0344.jpg

Recently had it serviced by Ken from irepairsega.com.
Recapped boards and replace the the main ICs in the audio circuit with legit japan components.
Here's is the thread regarding the repairs made (although I would say this more maintenance/upgrade then a repair)
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/donpachi-pcb-audio-repair.9495/post-152228
Repaired, tested and verified working by Ken. So this board will be rock solid for years to come. Board is basically in pristine condition.
I will include the artwork if I find it.

Last edited:
Ok, I’m interesting but price is very high in my opinion
The price is not really high at all. It's actually a super fair deal IMO.

Note, this particular DonPachi board is the US version and only handfuls of them exist (you can tell by the red components on the PCB). It's also been repaired by one of the best in the game, so there's value in that also.

For reference I saw another Donpachi for sale yesterday for $900; $750 is a steal especially with it being freshly serviced.

For reference I saw another Donpachi for sale yesterday for $900; $750 is a steal especially with it being freshly serviced.
Ok, I’m interesting but price is very high in my opinion
Are you new to buying Cave PCB’s?Or perhaps PCB’s in general?

Because that’s a great deal...
If it were that great of a price, I don't think it'd still be for sale.

For reference, Donpachi with og artwork sold on YJA in the last few months for about $650 after conversion; yeah yeah shipping would add $30-40 but we shouldn't be pricing boards with that taken into account. There's an International version sans artwork over at shmups that's been available at $750 shipped for months now.

Also the guy selling for $900, pretty sure I know who you're talking about and the boards he was selling were all over the place. Some slightly underpriced, some grossly overpriced; Donpachi would be in the latter group. Sunset Riders for $400? Tf outta here.

Not trying to price police, and not saying Derick2k has an unreasonable price, just saying let's not go overboard here.

Last edited:
Not trying to price police, and not saying Derick2k has an unreasonable price, just saying let's not go overboard here.
In the most literal way possible, attempting to explain how a price is subjectively wrong is price policing. The price is OBO and states a second time "open to offers", which makes your opinions irrelevant.

See: Rules for Using the Arcade-Projects Sales Forums

edit: my bad.

i do not think the price is bad just the conversation rate to aud is

Last edited:
YJA is a completely different market..I tried YJA once, a pain to setup, all the fees associated with the proxi are ridiculous high on top of the shipping and the issues addicted with getting to the States intact.

How how does having a board repaired add value to it?
Because, some people actually play their PCBs and want longevity? For example, I'm pretty sure most people buying boards these days would much rather have a recapped PCB over the original caps. Especially if it's done by a professional.

Anyhows, $750 is a steal, no real need for a OBO IMO. I'm confident the right buyer will come along and snap this up. If it was posted to AO or the Shmups forum, I'm fairly sure it would have moved by now.

Back to the program. Pass the popcorn and cardboard, it's a Cave PCB!

and plus new caps on an arcade pcb will make it look better :3

In the most literal way possible, attempting to explain how a price is subjectively wrong is price policing. The price is OBO and states a second time "open to offers", which makes your opinions irrelevant.
See: Rules for Using the Arcade-Projects Sales Forums
I responded to two claims that this is SALE OF THE CENTURY BEST PRICE EVER with evidence that, no, this is around FMV if not a little higher than that. The price is fine; I just think it's bogus others are in here trying to convince an obviously uninformed user that they should 'just buy it' because it's A GREAT DEAL. Pretty sure OP doesn't need help selling his item, so not sure why posts like that are allowed. If other posters are going to start justifying someone else's price, then it should be open for discussion.

It seems to me you, along with some other posters in this thread, are letting your affinity with OP inform your opinion rather than looking at things objectively. But hey, go off.
YJA is a completely different market..I tried YJA once, a pain to setup, all the fees associated with the proxi are ridiculous high on top of the shipping and the issues addicted with getting to the States intact.
This isn't 2005, YJA isn't some unreachable marketplace anymore, and if you think $3 is 'ridiculous high' you are in the wrong hobby. Zenmarket and SMJ are both really cheap ($3 and $4, respectively). Shipping a PCB from Japan is, at most, $40, and shipping in the states for that same PCB would be about $20. Saying YJA and the US are completely different markets isn't really valid anymore when it's so easy to buy.

Back