What's new
For Sale
Good news all. My buddy says we can use his work place to process the cabs off the container. His location is in Fremont, CA which is about 20 minutes south of Oakland. Right near the Tesla factory. More good news! He has a dock afterall and says we can use it. The only thing that is of issue is timing. As long as we can pull this off before XMas, we are good to go. If the cabs get here next week, that would be the best case scenario.

@Cereth, I'll PM you the address.

I took apart a Megalo 410 to get in my game room a few weeks ago and I've never had a worse experience.

I'd thought Astro City were rough, having to pull the whole can in half, but they're nothing compared to some others for sure.
Virtual On is the most Pain in the ass cab I've ever had the displeasure of having to move... I have extra wide (36in) doorways in my basement, and I still have to strip off the coin box, divider and side plastics to fit through the doors.

Of course I have a Flash Beats now and that's so wide it has to live in my garage, and there is nothing that can be done to make it fit through a door.

I took apart a Megalo 410 to get in my game room a few weeks ago and I've never had a worse experience.

I'd thought Astro City were rough, having to pull the whole can in half, but they're nothing compared to some others for sure.
Virtual On is the most Pain in the ass cab I've ever had the displeasure of having to move... I have extra wide (36in) doorways in my basement, and I still have to strip off the coin box, divider and side plastics to fit through the doors.
Of course I have a Flash Beats now and that's so wide it has to live in my garage, and there is nothing that can be done to make it fit through a door.
build a new house around it

Taking taking apart a windy is an absolute nightmare. Avoid it at all cost. I would rather take apart a door frame then tear down that cab
I'm tearing mine down as soon as I get it. Going to clean it top to bottom like in the link I posted. Probably change those fans out and maybe see about recapping the chassis, psu and sound amp.

Ammeding my previous post and addressing @rewrite, @theoddtech, @Cereth, we need to knock it out in a day. Should be not problem with a dock at our disposal. But make sure you've eaten your Wheaties that day. You know I am ready.

@rewrite and @theoddtech, for general travel location, look up the Tesla factory on Google. My buddy's place of work is right across the freeway; I'll add both of you to the PM after Cereth replies so you have the exact address. What we will be doing is this:
  • Back up the container into the dock
  • Back up one of Cereth's trucks into the receiving bay that is for regular deliveries
  • Unload one or two cabs at a time off the contrainer
  • Make a quick u-turn with those cabs to the other receiving bay where Cereth's trucks will be parked
  • Load them onto Cereth's truck with the lift gate one or two at a time
    • Taking extra care that they don't fall off
  • Rinse and repeat until all the cabs are off the container
We might be able to stage the cabs in my buddy's dock depending on what business he has going on that day. That way, Cereth can just back his trucks into the dock and we can wheel them onto his trucks from the staging area. Skip using the lift gate. But won't know till then. Here is a pic of my buddy's dock so you can have a visual on the effort ahead:

Dock.JPG
My buddy is going to travel soon, so if the container gets here next week that would be best case scenario. If it gets here after, he is going to have one of his coworkers be around to help us with access. The only thing up in the air now is when they will get here and the logistics thereafter. Exciting!

What does this mean for the norcal deliveries? Would this mean we now have to get our own trucks and retrieve cabinets?

What does this mean for the norcal deliveries? Would this mean we now have to get our own trucks and retrieve cabinets?
If you just have the one cab, I'm pretty sure @theoddtech and I will have space for one more cab on the trailer depending how far off you are from Fremont.

I'm gonna be moving three cabs for me, @Hatsune Mike, and @Phil Bennett. I'd love to pick up from Fremont if possible. What's the best way to coordinate? Also, how do I tell if our cabs are gonna be in this container?

Also, can I be marked as West Coast on the spreadsheet?

Also, how do I tell if our cabs are gonna be in this container?
They are. There is 1 USA container, 2 Canada containers.

The USA container is being split after the fact for East/West coast.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be moving three cabs for me, @Hatsune Mike, and @Phil Bennett. I'd love to pick up from Fremont if possible. What's the best way to coordinate? Also, how do I tell if our cabs are gonna be in this container?

I only have 1 container for the US. I will take the balance on the cabs except for the last name on each category. until I can determine which one is missing if any. As far as Im aware you are on the WC side

Someone'll probably do a delivery. I wouldn't worry too much

Cool. I am sure we can make it work for others as well. Also, if enough NorCal members chime in saying they want to do local pick-up, it might save some resources on Cereth's side too. Right now,
  • 35 cabs are coming to the US
  • 10-11 cabs are going to be picked up locally
    • 5 cabs going to SoCal by rewrite and theoddtech
    • 3 cabs being picked up by sprayk for Hatsune Mike and Pil Bennet
    • 2, hopefully 3 cabs by me (c'mon Windy II!!), for me
Leaves 25 cabs for Cereth to haul away up to Reno to distribute to other US members from there. If enough NorCal members chime in that they will be doing local pick-ups from Fremont, maybe Cereth who has already graciously lent his resources for this group buy only needs to bring one truck down from Reno. In any case, I'll volunteer to coordinate for any local pick-ups. I am sure XeD and Cereth, who have lent us more than enough of their resources, have enough on their plate. For now here is what I'll need if you wish to do a local pick-up:
  1. Post a response here stating "I wish to pick-up from Fremont, CA", or
  2. <insert member name> is picking up from Fremont, CA on my behalf
  3. The expectation is that if you are doing local pick-up that you clear your calendar for that day/take the day off
  4. There are always delays with trucking/shipping
If by saying you will be doing local pick-up, it allows Cereth to just bring down one truck instead of two to distribute to everyone else in the US, and you don't show up to pick up, you can see how that can be a problem.
  1. Don't say you will pick-up from Fremont unless you can commit the whole day to the effort.
  2. Anyone wanting to pick up locally has until 10pm PST on Thursday 12/6 Sunday 12/9 to commit to doing so.
    • Gives some time for Cereth to figure out if he needs one truck or two trucks to bring down from Reno
    • After that, all cabs are going on Cereth's truck(s) and you will need to arrange for shipping to you
@sprayk , @Hatsune Mike, @Phil Bennett, I got you guys already. Expect a PM shortly.

Also, I expect there to be issues like with what actually got loaded into the container by Yaton's crew. I have a feeling, someone is going to get short changed. We should work out who pulls the short end of the stick ahead of time. I say this because I will not allow any cherry-picking by anyone doing local pick-up. Just because we here in NorCal got our hands on the cab first, does not give us license to dishonor the solid that XeD extended to us in fronting us for these cabs. Barring any discrepancy with Yaton's crew, whatever you worked out with XeD, you will get whether you pick up locally or not. More details to follow.

Last edited:
@XeD Can you update the sheet to reflect that I'm paid in for my cab? Was just catching up and saw that wasn't updated yet.

@XeD since we're only going to have an hour or two to unload and reload it seems important that we have some understanding as to what the contingency plans are for the missing cabinet.

It looks like you and @acblunden2 have worked out what to do if it's a Windy, but what happens if it's an E2, Q25, or NNC? Is it just bottom of the list gets cut, or something else?

It should only be a NNC or a Windy (most likely a windy). As of right now I have a spare NNC and the windy I have a plan for. All the other big ticket items I can see in the pics

Back