What's new
For Sale
A staging area I think mainly. It would save money to do something in the Bay or Sacramento for example, but it's not just about the cost. Like rewrite said, weather. I'm about to receive my next container on scheduled snow days and it makes me miserable just to think about. While you guys sound stoked by the idea of coming up for a bit of a break, now is probably a really crappy time to do it lol

A back-to-back unloading we've done before, but it's a pain. Essentially unloading the container onto a lift gate truck, and using the gate to drop them to ground level. I think either way I'll have to truck stuff back up over the pass, but might be easier to not make you guys do that. I'll see if we can open a better line of communication soon and start ironing things out! A lot on the plate right now to handle
Yeah man, that trip in my '94 Mazda B4000 scares me at this time of year.

But if all is needed is a staging area, we could probably do this in my buddy's back lot and not interupt his business operations. As long as me, you, @theoddtech, and @rewrite can wrap it up in a day, we should be good. I'll see him this weekend and will discuss it with him.

Can you or @XeD narrow the date down to within a week? I am sure that is the first thing my buddy will ask; when?

That's probably on me actually. Depends on how customs go, Trump laws are kinda overtaking anything coming out of China. New experience for me. I'll update when I know how that goes, but generally a few days before arrival I'll know if it clears immediately or not.

@XeD, now that it's been a few days, any word on what's gone missing?
I am also curious @XeD as to what was missing.
Yaton labourers can not agree on what got missed. My guess one got damage or stop working while loading. He originally said it was a Q25, but I see 2 in the pics. Going over the pics again it seem like it was the extra Windy. If this is true, sorry @acblunden2. I won't know for sure until cereth does inventory when it arrives.

Big thanks to @Cereth for being patient with me and dealing with the complication of importing from China.

Yaton labourers can not agree on what got missed. My guess one got damage or stop working while loading. He originally said it was a Q25, but I see 2 in the pics. Going over the pics again it seem like it was the extra Windy. If this is true, sorry @acblunden2. I won't know for sure until cereth does inventory when it arrives.
Big thanks to @Cereth for being patient with me and dealing with the complication of importing from China.
!@#!@#%!$%%!!@#!@#%!@#%!@#$!!!!!!!&%

I'm just kidding :D . No worries brutha. I know you'll square it. It is incredibly difficult to work things out in China. My buddy the other Windy cab was going to, sources all his packaging from China. Half his time is spent spelling shit out for whoever is doing the work in China. Guess that puts me at the top of the list for the flaked-out extra NNC :thumbsup: ?

In any case, I am hoping it is the NNC that was left out too. But let me talk to my buddy this weekend about using his work for processing the cabs. I'll ask him if he might want the NNC instead of the Windy II in case it is the Windy II that is missing. That way you don't lose the 4%. If anything, someone else might want the NNC and they can just pay me for it since I paid you for it already. Worst case scenario is a refund.

Last edited:
Oh @Cereth, one other spot we might be able to use is my brother's furniture distribution warehouse. He has at least one dock, but it is probably like 2 or 3 docks or one large dock. Problem is that it is in Modesto/Ceres, CA which is about 1hr 20 mins East of Oakland and 1hr 10 mins South of Sacramento. But it is right off the 99. Let me know if that location can work and I can ask my brother this weekend.

That does sound good. I'm looking into a temporary storage in the area as well so I don't have to truck stuff over the pass. Kinda just a random thought though

Alright cool. There is no where cheaper to get storage in California than the Central Valley. Let me ask my brother too then. Will update on the possibility of both locations shortly.

I pulled this info from the AO wiki / manuals there, may be helpful for folks when getting shipping quotes. :)

Taito Egret 2
903 x 750 x 1450 mm
110 kg

Windy 2
905 x 750 x 1339 mm
105 kg

New Net City
980 x 760 x 1750 mm
117 kg

:thumbup:

On that note, E2 will fit through smaller indoor doorways if you take the control panel off. It's 4-8 bolts depending on how many they left on.

Does anyone know if the Domy Theater panel comes off for fitting through doorways?

On that note, E2 will fit through smaller indoor doorways if you take the control panel off. It's 4-8 bolts depending on how many they left on.

Does anyone know if the Domy Theater panel comes off for fitting through doorways?
Not sure about the Domy Theater, but the Windy 2 is the one I'm worried about getting through small doors without a major disassembly.

Looks like the control panel is not removable which is too bad!

http://richy13-arcade4life.blogspot.com/2010/06/konami-windy-break-down-restore-part-4.html

The Domy actually comes with a 10lb Sledge Hammer packed inside of it for the easy removal of walls.

The Domy actually comes with a 10lb Sledge Hammer packed inside of it for the easy removal of walls.
That bad!? =O

Oh man. Remodeling! Time to spend days staring at paint sample strips!

Oh man. Remodeling! Time to spend days staring at paint sample strips!
Still better then Street Fighter V.

Thanks to removing CPO, I could pass it through doorways at home :thumbsup:

2pIwcGnl.jpg

sjil6Jzl.jpg

QohJ4COl.jpg

Size removing CPO and coin rail:

645 x 750 x 1450 mm

Also you can remove coin box, small front door, pcb mounting wood board and back door to make it lighter. (It could be up to 15kg less)

Egret 2 is the most awesome cab ever :love:

Not sure about the Domy Theater, but the Windy 2 is the one I'm worried about getting through small doors without a major disassembly.
Any door less than 75cm wide means major dissassembly for the Windy unfortunately.

Any door less than 75cm wide means major dissassembly for the Windy unfortunately.
The door frame for my desired room is just about exactly that wide, should be interesting. I know I'll have to take the door off the hinges again to get more cabs in, just hope the wood molding on the door frame itself doesn't make the difference and prevent it from scooting in.

Worst case scenario I'll have to disassemble the cab or just put it in my office.

Taking taking apart a windy is an absolute nightmare. Avoid it at all cost. I would rather take apart a door frame then tear down that cab

Taking taking apart a windy is an absolute nightmare. Avoid it at all cost. I would rather take apart a door frame then tear down that cab
I took apart a Megalo 410 to get in my game room a few weeks ago and I've never had a worse experience.

I'd thought Astro City were rough, having to pull the whole can in half, but they're nothing compared to some others for sure.

Back