Weight : 105 kg

and about the GrandAm infos : https://hard--candy.com/upload?cab=Q-GrandAm+25

ps : now i know what is a GrandAm and how it looks :whistling:

Attachments

• 6192e302aa0790bcef25f260fd8bc37d.jpg
    6192e302aa0790bcef25f260fd8bc37d.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I'm going to be meeting up with my contact tomorrow. Other than the general pics. Is there any thing else I should ask or pic wise

Someone local with a PCB and good eyes would be ideal:)

but super useful would be knowing the CRT condition on those cabs, like low burn, no burn in if they are new. This would be too much to ask since there are too many cabs but pics of front, back, left, right, close up of the CP and inside the cab where the PCB seats would be great without the plastic cover so we can get a better idea of what we are looking at

Pcb is a crapshoot. I don't know if they have anyone with a good eye for that there. No burn in was one of my main concern when I talk to him about other cabs. It's kind of interesting trying to explain the collector hobby to him

Now if I can get burn free monitors, I take it there would be interest? Most likely have convergence issue. I'll ask to see if they have such thing. Might as well fill the container right.

Last edited:
Burn can't be fixed with anything but another tube. And those are nearly impossible to find for the Egret 2.

Anything else can be fixed as far as monitors are concerned. So while everyone wants a cab with a perfect monitor right off the boat, it's not super realistic. The cabs are getting old enough they're going to need work sooner or later anyway.

The bit that says Egret 2 above the monitor is prone to chipping and cracking, and irreplaceable.

And make sure they have the rotation mechanisms intact. It's the same cab as the AWSD and Egret 3 and it's not impossible or even unlikely for them to have been converted to using a fixed position monitor if the original died at some point. And an Egret 2 without the rotation mechanism is worth a whole whole lot less.

If you can ask about the Grand Am as well, I'd super appreciate it. Preference to having the rotation mech and a 3P panel, but I'm a beggar, so I'm not choosy.

Yeah, I've been trying to replace mine for a couple years now with no luck. Guy on shmups said he has opened a few thousand CRT's over the years and not found a match yet.

Yeah, egret II's defaulted with a MS9 chassis, and a Toshiba a68kju96x tube...I have several of those here at the house. They aren't impossible to find, but they are very hard to find clean with no burn. One tube has a bad scratch, one has some burn, and the last is in a cab (super neo)_, but developed a short in the neck that I haven't dealt with yet.

That Toshiba tube is what's needed to make the monitor rotation mech work, as it will not clear the bezel/close all the way/rotate all the way, without the correct tube.

Yeah, egret II's defaulted with a MS9 chassis, and a Toshiba a68kju96x tube...I have several of those here at the house. They aren't impossible to find, but they are very hard to find clean with no burn. One tube has a bad scratch, one has some burn, and the last is in a cab (super neo)_, but developed a short in the neck that I haven't dealt with yet.

That Toshiba tube is what's needed to make the monitor rotation mech work, as it will not clear the bezel/close all the way/rotate all the way, without the correct tube.
I hear Novus does wonderful things for scratches and gouges in tubes. Can't hurt to try anyway.

Yeah, buffing just a hair too long in the same spot can crack tubes too...so i havent braved that yet...but will one day. :)

Yeah, buffing just a hair too long in the same spot can crack tubes too...so i havent braved that yet...but will one day. :)
Nothing ventured nothing gained!

But you may gain a whole Lotta little glass shards... So maybe tread carefully!

Wowwwww.

If they are actually new and @Derick2k is gonna get some to NY, I could see splitting freight and getting one to Boston for me. Any idea if STI do imports from Canada?
Let’s get it done :thumbsup:
Depending on how this works out price-wise, I might be interested if we can get some Upstate love going too...
Im all for this to work out, seems like big interest here is definitely from east coast

Wowwwww.

If they are actually new and @Derick2k is gonna get some to NY, I could see splitting freight and getting one to Boston for me. Any idea if STI do imports from Canada?
Let’s get it done :thumbsup:
Depending on how this works out price-wise, I might be interested if we can get some Upstate love going too...
Im all for this to work out, seems like big interest here is definitely from east coast
East coast needs some Egret II love.

I'm surprise how candy cab deprive the east coast is

Its like a vast empty desert when it comes to finding candy cabs

2018-08-03_1-36-36.jpg

We can get them in, thanks to guys like Cereth, KC, Ken, and maybe 1 or 2 more guys, but when it comes to buying candy cabs from others here its like you have a higher chance of winning the lottery.

I'm pretty sure TA won't do it, but I've been gently prodding Snow Phoenix to bring some in to Pittsburgh ):

You can also do a yoke/chassis swap, just have to find a tube with the right curvature. You'll also have to see if the tube has the right neckpins, but the curvature is the big problem.

How bad would it be to go to the bay area in Norcal?

Removed stupid question, have to do some research

Its like a vast empty desert when it comes to finding candy cabs
2018-08-03_1-36-36.jpg

We can get them in, thanks to guys like Cereth, KC, Ken, and maybe 1 or 2 more guys, but when it comes to buying candy cabs from others here its like you have a higher chance of winning the lottery.
Yeah I never see any for sale in Virginia. I’m working on getting some to satisfy my home arcade, thanks to discovering this site I now have a lot of cool shit to throw in them. I can also get a decent dose at magfest each year. Lately a pretty decent lot of candy cabs have been making their way to that con. The arcade setup keeps getting more crazy each year.

Back