What's new
For Sale
ah yeah, @twistedsymphony is more complete, like usual! @XeD I assumed you were just questioning to the distortion resulting from the travel across the earth's magnetic fields. The shipping / jostling could result in harder-to-fix stuff.

My question was more on the convergence ring, magnets, and strips coming loose/shifting.

A little update. Cab should come with original keys, no topper, and more picture in about 2 weeks. The owner of the warehouse is about 2-3 from warehouse and does nlt want to make the drive out until next week.

And I'd not worry about convergence issues from being bumped about in shipping. Hundreds and hundreds of cabs have found their way to this continent with few issues,
back in the day when we received brand new machines into the arcade I'd say there was a good 15% chance that something convergence related was off from shipping. usually the machines that arrived from our normal distribute a few states away was ok, but anything that came from the west coast was like a 50/50 shot that something would be off.

in my personal collecting I've had 2 machines lose convergence in shipping (several more than that were fine), I think it depends A LOT on who handles the cab. Usually transport on a truck is fine since it's mostly highways and there's a cushy suspension and big inflated tires. it's the loading and unloading on those hard rubber wheels, and across 2in drops at the end of ramps or over thresholds that do them in.

My question was more on the convergence ring, magnets, and strips coming loose/shifting.
new machines of this vintage shouldn't have any strips from the factory. generally what happens is the clamp on the back of the yokewiggles lose and causes the whole yoke to sag ever so slightly. it's typically more prone to this the further back the tube is angled... mirrored light gun cabs were the worst because you hit a bump and the whole weight of the yoke tries to slide that clamp down the neck.

It is what it is I guess. I'll figure it out once everything get here. Maybe I'll throw in some home made convergence strips

I would also be concerned with the illustration panel on the E2.. they break easily and they cost an arm and a leg to get a replacement.. in the past I have seen them go for over $800. On my previous Two E2 shipped from FL to VA one of the panel was broken.. I never replaced it. maybe placing a glass fragile sign when shipping might help.

It is what it is I guess. I'll figure it out once everything get here. Maybe I'll throw in some home made convergence strips
could you sell me a few.. I could use them on my Blastcities:)

I would also be concerned with the illustration panel on the E2.. they break easily and they cost an arm and a leg to get a replacement.. in the past I have seen them go for over $800. On my previous Two E2 shipped from FL to VA one of the panel was broken.. I never replaced it. maybe placing a glass fragile sign when shipping might help.
What piece is that?
could you sell me a few.. I could use them on my Blastcities:)
sure. How many are you looking for?

Great.. let me have about 15.. please PM me the total and your PayPal address..

The illumination panel = where it says "EGRET II" on the top red part which is illuminated by a lightbulb. That is made out of plastic/glass like an authentic marquee kind of material.

Please reserve one for me (Egret 2).

I'm probably not the closest US member, but if it eased shipping costs for a bunch of people I'd be willing to drive up and pick up cabs and come back down if it's end of the year.

I have storage space for roughly a dozen or so, and able to ship from my storage.

Though I'm not sure that would end up cheaper, or if there'd be some sort of import issues at the border. I'm not really sure how awful international shipping would be as opposed to domestic plus a truck trip. But if it would be cheaper, the offer is out there.
That would be awesome rewrite, I'm located on socal too.

Last edited:
@XeD I have also a US address based in Portland , Oregon! I can mail them and show what them must send to me if i'll have a picture with machine and the dimensions of these beauty ! Anyways ... i'm sure are more like me from Europe who want one !

I'll probably take a few. Depending on how many people are actually ordering in Canada, you'd probably be infinitely better off importing to a location in the US. It costs something like double to ship a cab over the border. I can double-check the quote on the candy cabs we sent to Toronto and give a more solid answer.

Singly shipping a cabinet is very expensive. If you shipped just one from JP ago EU for example, I think it's more like $1,500 for one candy. A 40' container fits approx. 60 candy cabs and costs 420,000JPY, or roughly $4,000, to give you an idea of the cost difference per cab. From the US to the UK, coinopwarehouse in Hagerstown, MD does batch containers to Europe, that's one of your options for getting cabs over there.

If most buyers are in the US, your best bet is going to be to ship the container to somewhere in the US. You can ship the one or few cabinets going to Canada from there, and let the profit margin on sales cover that, saving everyone a lot more money. Your best location in the US for that would be a central shipping hub for STI, because the rates can be notably cheaper. For example, Anthony from Tokyo Attack is in a more central US location and an STI hub, therefore has shipping rates I cannot match. LA is another such hub, which would also be helpful if rewrite wanted to offer his space for receiving.

Since I have a customs bond for importing already, I'd also be willing to offer assistance in arranging the container. If there aren't enough cabs to fill it, I could probably fill it too. A 20ft is only something like $1,000 cheaper to ship. Shipping time from vanning is a month, give or take a few days. If you take care of customs before it arrives, it can get released the very next day at earliest, or if held in customs could take up to 2-3 weeks during which it will incur storage fees and additional fees such as x-ray or unpacking for customs examination.

Short of it, I want at least one, will help however I can, US location probably preferred, there are options to batch to UK from US, shipping one cab LCL is expensive. Oh also the HI question, I've been meaning to get a quote for someone for a while, I'll see what it costs to go there as opposed to the continental US!

I'm only an hour out of LA. I'm willing to use my space, and if need be I can snag a bit more space for a month as well if Cereth's route seems best.

I was curious, looking at the picture....expected condition is new to low use...but there was some pretty significant panel discoloration on the doors of the first row, and the first couple have some art/stickers....

Just curious how "low-use" those are gonna be. I'd love to pick one up, but am not gonna have funds, so its inconsequential on my end anyhow.

Hope that everyone involved manages to get something awesome, and will be overwhelmingly happy with what they get!!!

Hard to say until that plastic come off and the dust get wipe off. I can only wait and see. I am only going by their term of new and used. /shrug We'll find out in 2 weeks

Hard to say until that plastic come off and the dust get wipe off. I can only wait and see. I am only going by their term of new and used. /shrug We'll find out in 2 weeks
I just want to say thank you for offering us the opportunity to get in on this :thumbsup:

I'm going to be honest as well, thank you for digging this up. I get a lot of Egret II requests and I really can't meet any of that demand. If these are really technically NOS, then I definitely want one or two for myself to never leave the house and finally sell my other Egret II or keep it on the show circuit. I'll be referring everyone I know this way for the order!

@Cereth Thanks for the insight. My pricing has the surprise inspection fee into consideration. I'll see what the count is like when better pictures are presented. As of right now about a third is Canadian. I could split the container if the numbers work out better for everyone and fill my portion with some other cabs. Just more number crunching for me. I just hate selling things without seeing it 1st. This way if anything goes wrong I can go back to my guy, as we have what I think is a good relationship. Not good enough to give me a killer deal but good enough haha. I'll be in touch nontheless

Back