What's new
For Sale
The short answer- no. I revived mine with a replacement flyback, but when I changed all the caps, it died again. One of my friends had the same experience, it’s really difficult to keep these semi curved Toshibas running- only ones I know still working are the 9430s. Lots of things go wrong in the 7534, from flyback to I/C, to even film caps. It’s not Toshibas best chassis by any means.

The short answer- no. I revived mine with a replacement flyback, but when I changed all the caps, it died again. One of my friends had the same experience, it’s really difficult to keep these semi curved Toshibas running- only ones I know still working are the 9430s. Lots of things go wrong in the 7534, from flyback to I/C, to even film caps. It’s not Toshibas best chassis by any means.
so you're telling me no one has revived and has one still working?

My PB7534 Windy 2 chassis was revived by Grantspain and is still working 4 years later.
Sure, but that man's a mad scientist genius when it comes to monitors. That doesn't count :P

For real though, mind sharing with the class?

Last edited:
Sounds like luck that yours is working then if so many others have also replaced their flybacks and caps with no luck. :/

I would like to know what he did to the half a dozen others though.

Does Grant even accept mail-ins from outside of the UK / EU? Or is that Jomac?

Just chiming in, Grant fixed x2 chassis for me as well both 7534's. One of the flybacks was dead and the other original was working but asked him to remove and replace with the substitute and keep the OG one preserved. This was in 2019 and the chassis are still running perfect, the cabs came from g60hot who was bringing cabs into the UK at the time.

Last edited:
chassis 1.jpg

This was in 2019 and the chassis are still running perfect, the cabs came from g60hot who was bringing cabs into the UK at the time.

g60hot's first set of cabs (including E2 and Windy) also came from yaton.

How can I pick the brain of the great Grantspain? I can do my own repair with a little bit of help from him. Already fully recapped, replaced hot, flyback, and transformer by the hot. Just wondering if Grant knows of any other parts like the film caps that fail?

Thanks
Jose Cruz

Don't know how active he is here (or what his handle is even), but you can find him on Arcade Otaku as grantspain.

How can I pick the brain of the great Grantspain? I can do my own repair with a little bit of help from him. Already fully recapped, replaced hot, flyback, and transformer by the hot. Just wondering if Grant knows of any other parts like the film caps that fail?

Thanks
Jose Cruz

He is also on UKvac as gunblade if you need to get in touch.

g60hot's first set of cabs (including E2 and Windy) also came from yaton.

Correct, I went to collect in person and saw the trade mark stickers. The Windy's were filthy and needed a full strip down but they are a resilient cab and clean up nicely. I didn't bother with the Egrets as they looked rough and much preferred the look of with Windy at the time.

IMG_20191206_142450.jpg

IMG_20191206_152027.jpg

Last edited:
On mine I’ve done recaps, flyback change, and it still only lasted about a month. At a certain point I got tired of spending time and money on the chassis and went with nanaos. I’ve yet to have an issue with them that I couldn’t fix or have fixed.

My PB-7534 turns on now but only shows no image.

Attachments

• IMG_20230617_190336.jpg
    IMG_20230617_190336.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230719_190756.jpg
    IMG_20230719_190756.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230719_190805.jpg
    IMG_20230719_190805.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 53
My PB-7534 turns on now but only shows no image.
Tricky times. I’ve experienced weird stuff where a 15Khz game will sync but a 31khz leaves me with a blank screen. This was on a 2931. I’ve also had perfectly good tubes not come on after weeks or months of just sitting there making me think chassis was broken. That was when it was a bit cold and high humidity. I put a hair dryer over the chassis and tube to get it all nice and warm and that got it going. I’m waiting for my 7534 to be repaired by a very experienced repair guy. If he gets it going I’ll do my best to report back to you what was going on.

Tricky times. I’ve experienced weird stuff where a 15Khz game will sync but a 31khz leaves me with a blank screen. This was on a 2931. I’ve also had perfectly good tubes not come on after weeks or months of just sitting there making me think chassis was broken. That was when it was a bit cold and high humidity. I put a hair dryer over the chassis and tube to get it all nice and warm and that got it going. I’m waiting for my 7534 to be repaired by a very experienced repair guy. If he gets it going I’ll do my best to report back to you what was going on.
the board I tried does both, I tried both 15 and 31khz with it to the same result.

Theres soooo many inner working circuit blocks and failure modes on really any crt chassis but the later gen ones tend to be even harder to work on as the tech evolved more.

You really have to know your shit if its outside of a simple fix or something sadly its the way it goes sometimes. You can fix alot with good understandings and simple fixes but once it goes beyond that into actual board level repair you REALLY have to know whats happening and the lack of schematics and service guides providing wave forms flow charts etc really makes that process way more complicated and slow if not next to impossible if only for the most devoted of servicemen.

Funny thing about some of the toshiba chassis's is that they seem to be almost a copy paste of some of Nanao's stuff. Idk if that was like on purpose or what. Maybe engineers from Eizo Nanao started to work for Toshiba or vice versa, or subcontracted help in design work or who knows what but its just kinda funny to me.

I have wanted to reach out to jomac and grant my self to try to grow my understandings a bit more but just dont have the time of day for that atm.

Back