What's new
I'm rather silent theses days, don't worry :)
i'm still working hard. Just had to re-think everything.
TMNT and Battletoads cases are near completion on screen.
had some problems to think of something good looking And colors to use for cases that could end up with nice prices.

But i had some stuff up my mind troubling me.

i'll have to do some changes for probably most of the cases about company logos and all.
yep, i prefer not poking the big tigers.

So the first ones who made an order are definitely the lucky ones.
On the next batch ill remove every carved logos.
I'll still provide them on Vinyl stickers but i won't put them on the cases, you'll have to put them yourselves.
There won't be extra charges for those, since i don't want to make money out of that, they'll be included free for you to put on the cases or not :)

I'm still unsure if i should proceed the same with each game's titles i carve on cases. (on the sides)
I felt it was more dangerous about big company names.

Any opinions ?

@hursit and @JasenHicks both rock Capcom logos on their metal cases and have for a while with no issues. I completely understand the abundance of caution in taking the company logos off, it's your ass on the line on the off chance they decide to get angry about it.

That being said, you're asking for opinions: IMO, you're absolutely fine with the game names. Think of how many people on ebay, etsy, etc sell reproduction marquees, side art, console games, etc all with those game names on them. You're going to sell maybe a few dozen of these. They have way bigger fish to fry than you. IMO, you're fine with the company logos too (worst case scenario you'll get a Cease & Desist order long before you get litigation, it's just cheaper on their part - maybe even required too, I'm not sure), but if you've made up your mind there that's totally cool and I think we all respect that.

I'm rather silent theses days, don't worry :)
i'm still working hard. Just had to re-think everything.
TMNT and Battletoads cases are near completion on screen.
had some problems to think of something good looking And colors to use for cases that could end up with nice prices.

But i had some stuff up my mind troubling me.

i'll have to do some changes for probably most of the cases about company logos and all.
yep, i prefer not poking the big tigers.

So the first ones who made an order are definitely the lucky ones.
On the next batch ill remove every carved logos.
I'll still provide them on Vinyl stickers but i won't put them on the cases, you'll have to put them yourselves.
There won't be extra charges for those, since i don't want to make money out of that, they'll be included free for you to put on the cases or not :)

I'm still unsure if i should proceed the same with each game's titles i carve on cases. (on the sides)
I felt it was more dangerous about big company names.

Any opinions ?
So no more CP System cutout for the CPS1? That's unfortunate..I was hoping to pick on up on the next batch.

So no more CP System cutout for the CPS1? That's unfortunate..I was hoping to pick on up on the next batch.
I think more of Capcom's name to be replaced by a sticker

i dont think the cps1 logo is a proble if you ask me :)

Since your cases are built-to-order, low volume, customized items, I doubt that you'd have any issues from Capcom, Konami, TMNT Inc, etc. It would be a bigger problem if you were mass-manufacturing them and selling them formally through an online storefront. I'm not a lawyer though.

If the CPS1 cutout is still gonna happen I would be interested in a Hyper Fighting case

I'M only removing big names like konami, capcom , rare....that would be put on stickers instead...so its a minor change

Ok time for an update on current project design.

this time its TMNT.

case will be black. Like CPS1
but will have extra plate on top :)
For Game logo design you can put there.

i'm still wondering if using a black plate or a lexan (transparent)
would be best.

Lexan will end up costing more because of extra machine cutting (but looks better) and material.
i'll try to see with people here what could be nice.

Here's 2 exemples i made with mostly finish design (still missing holes for 3-4 players harness and hole for volume pot)
and some air vents maybe ill have to check this weekend for heat zones after some straight hours of gameplays.

Attachments

• tmntlex.png
    tmntlex.png
    110 KB · Views: 129
  • tmntplate.png
    tmntplate.png
    98 KB · Views: 137
Lexan will end up costing more because of extra machine cutting (but looks better) and material.
i'll try to see with people here what could be nice.
Looking good on the examples. My preference between the two is the one with that completes the "shell" - tmntlex.png

My vote is also for the Lexan despite the extra cost.

So, lexan it shall be :)
i think it would looks the best as well. (just a little more pricey on process)

I only need to check on some last minute changes and show some results for now.
i decided that to access the dipswitch ill need holes and for 3p-4p plugs too.

i think having big holes on display is a bummer so ill create a small plate to cover them. If needed that plate can be removed. I was looking for something nice to put on there but right now my mind is out of ideas. ill have maybe better ideas after some rest this weekend.

But as far as things goes, this is near final results, only have to check all lengths in case i made a critical mistake.

The jamma plug is on the top part of the case
(case is closed on 3 sides except corners like all my previous cases)

For color description on image below
---------------------------------------
red : extra plate to cover holes
Purple : top case (each purple letters/numbers will be cut into case)
white : bottom case + side plates (2x) each sides
Green : Extra plate on top (turtle sheel)
Cyan : Lexan for vynil sticker

2 paints setups
------------------
Black : top/bottom case + extra side plates (2x) + extra cover plate
Green : Turtle shell

i'll supply 4 vynil sticker for you all to put around or if you 'd prefer i can put them myself.

If you see something that seems off, send me a message :) but before production of this baby, i'll make a prototype as always (wich will be mine) and can tell you all if things are alrights :D

Attachments

• nearfinaltmnt.png
    nearfinaltmnt.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 114
entering programming mode starting today.
since its on my free time it may take a few days but ill try having it ready for friday if possible :)

can't wait ! i hope i wont have any critical mistakes !
if all goes well pre-order should be opening soon for every other cases ^^

Programming of the TMNT case is done :)

Only have to wait until it's ready :) (next week probably)
i thought of some stuff, ill try to make a dip switch infos sticker under the plate.
That way, whenwhen plate is removed, you can have a close look at those dip switch infos right away :)
just in case it's needed :D

I'll try to think of some stuff to put on front too.
you can see now how it will go along

if you have arts ideas, share them ;)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 103
Well right from the start ill probably makes some minor change about the dipswitch's letters/numbers (around the top hole)
i made them so freaking small that i think the paint might alter them.

it's ok since its a prototype anyway.

I also discarded the lexan... because i already have extra cost for having 2 paint setup...
i dont want to boost price dramatically. I'm already taking up more material and paint then previous cases,
at least ill save a whole machine's setup by doing so.

Logo (vynil) will be hand cutted by me and glued to a painted plate wich will fit the logo.
Not a rectangle plate like i've shown previously ... you can spot it on the new update picture.

Probably some minor stuff to correct along the way but that's what i'm seeing for now.

Next are inserts + foldings
and ill test if my design works with a pcb inside :)

Back