What's new
Really appreciate the attention to detail in your projects and looking for ways keep enhance. I am in for one and some spinner action!

Small update...

I have a new F3 IO design that adds a switch to control spinner/joystick jumper changes. This will enable people using cases such as the Lions3 multi case to flip between spinner and joystick controls without removing the case. It includes a secondary wire harness to connect to JP3 in place of the jumper.

The switch and extra wire harness will be available as an option for a few extra dollars.

The initial batch is limited and some have already sold. I held orders for the last few weeks to give people the option of getting the new board so I apologize for the delay.

More pics to follow. I'll update the pricing, etc. on the original post when I get some time.

F3-spinner.jpg
I'm guessing it isn't something we can mod on our existing ones?

I'm guessing it isn't something we can mod on our existing ones?
No, sorry. However, you can easily make your own harness to accomplish the same thing. I’ll put together a parts list and post it here later.

The updated board is doing the same thing, just integrated into the board.

@Dloop

Here is a parts list. This would require no soldering or crimping. Simply plug the pre-crimped wires into the connector housings, matching pins 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3. Then plug the switch into the harness and the other end of harness onto JP3 in place of the jumper. You could double-side tape or hot glue the switch to anywhere convenient.

Manufacturer Part NumberManufacturerDigi-Key Part NumberQuantityUnit PriceSub Total
XHP-3JST Sales America Inc.455-2219-ND
2​
0.1​
0.2​
ASXHSXH22K254JST Sales America Inc.455-4223-ND
3​
0.73​
2.19​
09.03201.02EAO1948-1086-ND
1​
1.82​
1.82​
Total
4.21​

This would make something similar to this:
3F39CC4A-5178-414A-B945-26E5D74211C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Just for reference this switch is only really needed if you have the Lions case on your F3 because it blocks access to the jumper. If you don't have the lions case it's mostly unnecessary.

on my F3 LCD holder it's tight but still manageable to get to the jumper. and of course if you have neither it just means you can flip the switch instead of using a jumper

Just for reference this switch is only really needed if you have the Lions case on your F3 because it blocks access to the jumper. If you don't have the lions case it's mostly unnecessary.
Thanks @twistedsymphony this is 100% correct. It’s simply to allow access for those with cases. This is not adding functionality, just convenience.

3 new boards coming next week! For updates follow this thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/new-stereo-add-on-boards-everten.16347/

I've coordinated with 3 awesome arcade Twitch streamers who will each announce a new stereo PCB add-on board next week. Please watch their streams for announcements and first dibs on purchasing the new boards.

Monday February 1st at 9:00PM EST - @EVAWINGZERO streams as PastBlaster on Twitch
Tuesday February 2nd at 9:00PM EST - @Psyko-M1 streams as DJPsykoM1 on Twitch
Thursday February 4th at 9:00PM EST - @opt2not streams as Gillaxian on Twitch

PS - I will likely be move to a platform to handle online sales. Taking orders, payments, etc. via PM is horribly inefficient and disorganized.

Last edited:
Back