What's new

shadowobsessed

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello! I couldn't find this mentioned in the game's manual.

I'm not very knowledgeable on this specific game (nor am I well-versed in general electronics yet), but I'm learning as I go and trying to help someone get this machine running. The other one works just fine, but this cab won't boot past the game's loading screen and simply cycles through numbers without doing anything. Another arcade tech suggested to me that it might be the USB port itself, but when I checked, I didn't even see a dongle (?!). I'll take a closer look, but does anyone have a photo of the back of the game opened up so I can compare how it should look? I'm having a surprisingly sparse time trying to find more info.

Also, it recommended in the manual to use their own network cable, but it was also adamant that regardless of cable used, it must be CAT5 or better at least. If we're not able to find a cable specific for this game, is it okay to use a generic one? Does it actually potentially mess up the game by using another brand's cable? (Or is the manual lying lol)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Standard Drift (as opposed to conversion kit or upgrade from regular Fast & Furious) should come with a parallel port dongle.

You could just compare the two machines to see if something is missing.

Generic network cable is fine. Ideally you would want a crossover one, but it likely doesn't matter.

Ah okay, I had never seen a dongle like that and assumed it would just look like a standard USB drive. Whoops! They did appear the same when I compared them side-by-side, so I'm still not sure why one is working and one isn't. Perhaps might just re-install the software?

Back