What's new
Item has been found

nitelich

Student
Reaction score
Edit (October 2023) - In case anyone ever finds this thread by a random internet search... One of apparently only three known copies of Rebel was put up for auction on eBay in September. Note that the actual name is "Rebel" and not "Rebel Star" (the internet is great at getting sparse information right once again). I worked together with a few other people who care about the Super A'can to win the auction. As such, I am no longer looking for a copy. Hey, maybe something interesting will come out of this little A'can Alliance. ;)

OP retained as-is below.

What?

Oh, it's a game for the Super A'Can, an ill-fated Taiwanese console from the 90's. Rebel Star came out just as the console failed and was being pulled from shelves, so it's... rare.

But why are you posting this in an arcade forum?

Well, I assume that there will be decent overlap between people who like arcade games and people who like rare/obscure console games.

Also, this is something for which I'm willing to open up my arcade collection for trade. I can't say there are many things I'd be willing to do that for!

Okay, so what are you offering...?

One or more of the following:
  • Cash
  • PCBs
    • Sunset Riders (4P)
    • Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa (4P) (Selling this through another thread due to a dead audio module)
    • TMNT Turtles in Time (4P)
    • Tetris TGM2+
  • MVS Carts
    • Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5 (all are kits, most have matching serials)
    • Shock Troopers (kit)
  • AES Carts
    • NG Dev Team games (Last Hope, Last Hope Pink Bullets, Razion, Neo XYX, Kraut Buster)
    • Xeno Crisis
  • Other
    • Atomiswave - mainboard, Dolphin Blue (original cart), Metal Slug 6 (original cart)
    • Naomi 2 - mainboard, netdimm 512MB, Powerstone 2
All are working (as of the last time I played them), and I can test, take pictures, and share additional details if someone actually wants to take me up.

Let me be clear - I'm not normally looking to trade anything on the list above, and I have no intention of outright selling any of them.

I just searched around for Super A'Can games and... good luck. XD

Yeah, it's a shot in the dark, I know. I've been keeping my eyes open for this in as many places as I can. One is bound to show up... eventually...

Last edited:
Back