What's new
Item has been found
Jvs IS Sega 837-13551
IMG-20210302-WA0007.jpeg

Last edited:
I've installed and tried a few games on my TTX2. and it seems to be working well so far. There's a few things that were problematic (trying MAME and TGM3 just resets to menu), but I suspect that I need to redo the games file. W10 antivirus seems to be messing with things a bit.

turn off your antivirus guys... once your AV starts deleting files... you might as well start all over and unzip them again.

Come on guys, over 2tb served and very little feedback.
1. did you get it installed?
2. are the mame games working?
3. are the other games working
4. what is awesome , what is problematic
5. how can you help users here on AP with this

sharing is caring, damn dont leech it and disappear shit is not cool. build community.

I'll definitely be posting more about it over the coming days. I haven't had the chance to redo the games this week, but I can confirm that the OS is working well when burned onto my SSD with balenaEtcher, even with my non-standard video card (EVGA 7950GT flashed to the custom firmware offered on Niko's TTX2 thread). I'll be doing all of my game testing with this video card, so if I run into problems even after reinstalling all the games, that might be the cause if others have no problems.

Thanks Dr Funk for putting up the files, I have added a load of games including Death Smiles 2 and Espgaluda 2 to my Niko V2 and works great, I have also used the multi image you shared and again all great.

I would also add that yes you need to turn off the virus checker in windows or most games won’t run after having bits deleted.

Many thanks for this.

thats what i am talking about the feedback helps us all!

I still have the files for those that need it PM me

I'm trying to add scanlines for MAME , it's working on my laptop when I modify mame.ini HLSL ans putting 0.5 scanlines. but it's not working when I put back HDD in TTx2. If someone have an Idea ?

Attachments

• IMG20210305091222.jpg
    IMG20210305091222.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 107
i dont use scanlines on mame so idk hehe

I'm using this opportunity to clean/wash the TTX2 inside and out. So right now everything is dismantled. Upgrading memory, CPU, and SSD. Then putting all of it together and imaging the drive from @drfunk2k.

Come on guys, over 2tb served and very little feedback.
1. did you get it installed?
2. are the mame games working?
3. are the other games working
4. what is awesome , what is problematic
5. how can you help users here on AP with this

sharing is caring, damn dont leech it and disappear shit is not cool. build community.

installed and working.

Mame game are working, some, for exemple cave games (dai-fukkatsu and mushihime), will load, and at some point the box will reboot? turn on, turn off again and turn on again.
it is awesome to be able to add our own mame games so simply.

Most games are working but not all, for exemple not working and would really like to get them going:
  • Tetris Grand master
  • Groovecoaster 2
  • Gaia Attack 4
  • Half Life 2
  • harikiri pro baseball
Awesome schmups:
  • Exception (that's a weird one)
  • Crimson Clover
  • Akai Katana
  • Deathsmile 2
  • Ikaruga
  • Raiden 3 and 4
  • GigaWing Generations
weird and awesome:
  • Do Not Fall - Run for your Drink

There are some cool fighters and some not so cool. My son and I have been playing SF4 AE and I've been trying to get him to play Blazblue but even though he reads manga and we watch anime every day, he doesn't like it. Prefers Garou and Sf2 alpha 2. I must have done something right in my education :D
The King of fighters are "meh".
It feels like the fighters are the majority of the games and I have yet to investigate them all. Suggestions on where to invest are welcome.
there are a few racers that I'll also try to investigate eventually but there's a lot !! it is a really cool system.

and Bonus to be able to play Primal Rage 2 !

How do I make the 3rd drive bigger than 10Gb! my drive has decided to give me 10Gb for “games” where as I have about 180Gb spare.

Some New tests ,
TTX2, 2goRam, CPU Q6600, GeForce 7900 GT, Hdd 2.5' 500Go. // PS/2 Keyboard Always connected// CandyCab Sega NewNetCity:

MAMe:

MazingerZ -Jvs control ok
SailorMoon -Jvs control ok
1942 (one Player) -Jvs control ok
1943 (two players) -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok
1943Kai : -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok
AreNoTsubasa -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok + need to rotate 180° Screen.
Black Dragon -Jvs control ok
Hissatsu Buraiken -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok (needToRotate180°)
MakaiMura -Jvs control ok
Section Z -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok
Senjou No Ookami- Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok
SideArms -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok
StreetFighter -Jvs control ok
Tatakai no banja Trojan -Coin & Service menu KO. Jvs control ok

Cave.
AirGallet 1996 -Jvs control ok
DangunFeveron 1998 -Jvs control ok
DeathSmiles 2007 -Jvs control ok
DeathSmile2 2009 jvs prob
DeathSmile MegaBlackLabel 2008 -Jvs control ok
DoDonPaichi 1997 -Jvs control ok
DoDonPaiChi DaiOuJou -Jvs control ok
DoDonPaichi 2 2001 -Jvs control ok
DoDonPaichi DaiFukatsu 2008 ok (framerate and sound not good)
DoDonPaichi DaiFukatsu 1.5 ok (framerate and sound not good)
DoDonPaichi DaiFukatsu Black label 2010 ok (framerate and sound not good)
EspGaluda 2003 -Jvs control ok
Espgaluda2 2005-Jvs control ok
EspRade 19998 -Jvs control ok
Guwange 1999 -Jvs control ok
HotDog Storm 1996 -Jvs control ok
Ibara 2005. -Jvs control ok
Ibara Black label 2006 -Jvs control ok
Ibara PinkSweet 2006 -Jvs control ok
MuchiMuchiPork 2007 -Jvs control ok
Mushihime Sama 2004 -Jvs control ok
Mushihime Sama Futari 1.5 2006 -Jvs control ok
Mushihime Sama Futari Black label 2009 -Jvs control ok

Cps1
1941 counter attack 1990 -Jvs control ok
StreetFighter 2 ChampionEdition ok (player2 button5&6 not assigned)
TenchiWoKurau -Jvs control ok

Cps1.5
Muscle Bomber -Jvs control ok

Cps2
GigaWings -Jvs control -ok
HyperStreetFighter2 -ok (player2 button5&6 not assigned)
Progear -Jvs control -ok
StreetFighter Alpha2 -ok (player2 button5&6 not assigned)
X-Men vs StreetFighter- ok (player2 button5&6 not assigned)

Data East
Vapor Trail -Jvs control ok

Irem
Ninja Baseball BatMan -Jvs control ok
R-Type -Jvs control ok
Vigilante -Jvs control ok

Konami
Parodius -Jvs control ok

TAITO SYSTEMS:
Kof13 climax - coin error (the Game from Niko's is working) exit with Keyboard ESC
samuraiSpririt Sen (blood) - ok exit with Keyboard ESC
StreetFighter 4 - ok exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
StreetDighter4 AE 2012 (1 player)-exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
StreetFighter4 AE exp (2players) - exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
SuperStreetFighter4 AE (1p) - exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
SuperStreetFighter4 AE 2012 (1p) - exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
SuperStreetFighter4 AE 2012 (2p) -exit with Keyboard Alt+F4
Super StreetFighter IV AE (2p) - not working missing GameFolder and game.exe

I managed to add a game for NeoGeo. It's very simple.
I didn't managed to add scanlines to MAMe's games

Last edited:
Tried to write base image on a kingston ssd that had previously worked on x2 till it didn't. Still doesn't lol, so waiting for deliveryman to bring me a new PNY so I can try this out and report back.

How do I make the 3rd drive bigger than 10Gb! my drive has decided to give me 10Gb for “games” where as I have about 180Gb spare.
I use "easeus partition master free" very simple to use and change partition size.

Thanks guys, I am using windows to set up this drive-will give it a try.

If I wanted to add a Game that wasn’t part of the download, for example a NeoGeo game do I just add a NeoGeo.zip game to the “games” folder or I guess there is more to it than that.

thanks.

Now that I unzipped and reinstalled the games again, I've been playing around with the image, here's a few things I noticed so far:

NOTE: This is on a TTX2 with 7950GT and 4GB RAM, connected to Capcom IO, Sega Blast City

For the EMU games, pressing P1 Start + P1 LP will always reset to the menu. This might be a problem for games like Hyper Street Fighter 2 (Start + LP input needed for unmodified characters), but the Nesica version is available for this.

Pre JAMMA Capcom game like Makimura and Street Fighter 1 seems to work
CPS1 and CPS2 are working, but Player 2 MK and HK are misconfigured for all games I tested (SSF2X, SFA2, SFA3). Based on the IO Test menu, MK isnt mapped and HK is mapped to P2 Left.
CAVE games that I tried seem to work (Hotdog Storm, Deathsmiles 2). I'm not that familiar with these, and I'm a casual player of shmups, so I don't know if there are framerate issues vs original or other gameplay issues.
Tetris the Grandmaster 3 still resets to menu
MAME still resets to menu for me, although I see that other people have this working... maybe a GPU problem?
NESICAxLive games seems to work (HSF2, 3rd Strike)
USF4 seems to work well
Power Instinct 5 requires a P1 and P2 coin insert for 2 players, which is a problem specific to Sega Blast City (and other single Coin Mech machines I guess)

I'll also test on a supergun later on to overcome the P2 coin insert issue. I wish I could test with my SEGA IO, but the TTX2 really didn't like it when I tried that last time.

I keep considering the option of transferring the motherboard of my TTX2 over to a different PC case with a standard PSU... The PSU and CPU fans of the TTX2 are so loud!

Hi Zepherino, What should the mame folder be doing?

Get those noisy fans swapped out, mine is really quiet after fitting mew ones!😊

Back