What's new
Welcome fellow kiwi! there are a few of us on these boards.

I’m based in Auckland, mainly interested in Capcom and NeoGeo.

Welcome fellow kiwi! there are a few of us on these boards.

I’m based in Auckland, mainly interested in Capcom and NeoGeo.
Thanks for the welcome

I don't suppose you could help me to resurrect an Exceleena that sadly got damaged in transit when a tiedown point failed in my truck, and now has a smashed main (red) bezel?

I have a “blue whale” excellena (v1) which looks completely awesome but has a large number or ridiculous design decisions like not fitting through a standard door.

Yours sounds like the much more practical excellena 2. It even has a monitor rotation mech.

There is a great Excellena 2 restoration thread here which has a link to the service manual and all the part numbers. Have a read of that.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-exceleena-1-2-cabinets.13302/

How bad is the damage? If it’s just the plastic you could probably re-assemble it with jbweld, fill the cracks, sand and respray. If you post some pics you’ll probably get some great advice.

Probably best to start a dedicated thread in the “other hardware support” channel.

If it really is absolutely trashed beyond repair don’t dump it, I’ll pay good money for the coin door, coin chute, coin entry, harness, locks and other parts. Namco candy cabs are quite rare and collectible tho, stripping it for parts would be a tragedy

I have a “blue whale” excellena (v1) which looks completely awesome but has a large number or ridiculous design decisions like not fitting through a standard door.

Yours sounds like the much more practical excellena 2. It even has a monitor rotation mech.

There is a great Excellena 2 restoration thread here which has a link to the service manual and all the part numbers. Have a read of that.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-exceleena-1-2-cabinets.13302/

How bad is the damage? If it’s just the plastic you could probably re-assemble it with jbweld, fill the cracks, sand and respray. If you post some pics you’ll probably get some great advice.

Probably best to start a dedicated thread in the “other hardware support” channel.

If it really is absolutely trashed beyond repair don’t dump it, I’ll pay good money for the coin door, coin chute, coin entry, harness, locks and other parts. Namco candy cabs are quite rare and collectible tho, stripping it for parts would be a tragedy
I won't strip it - there's space for it to sit in the warehouse till the opportunity presents itself for a new bezel. The old one is in at least 50 pieces. That plastic really shatters when it lets go! If it was as simple as a plastic weld/repair it would be done by now

I was under the impression there used to be dozens/hundreds of them in Yifans Queen Street "back in the day" and was hopeful there would be a lot of them hanging about as possible parts donors, but you are telling me that is not the case? The worst travesty from what I have been told is that Coin Cascade put the bulldozer over a heap of them during the sale to Teeg ;(

pre-damage photo attached

lesson learned: never trust the tie-down points on a rental truck and certainly not if driving 250km

Attachments

• Namco Metal Slug 4.jpg
    Namco Metal Slug 4.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 68
pre-damage photo attached

lesson learned: never trust the tie-down points on a rental truck and certainly not if driving 250km
Nice! It’s a super cool design, hopefully some parts will come up. There are also some developments in large-scale 3D printing that might help. I do a little bit of 3D modelling so if a bezel that we could use as a template for a few days became available…

NZ seems to have been the key (only?) export market for these outside Japan. I vividly remember Yiffins having row after row of the things, but everywhere else in the world they are vanishingly rare.

Prices have shot up a bit recently. I paid $650 for mine. About 12 months ago, 900-1k seems to be the norm now.

Super annoying about the tie-downs, and dangerous too - rental companies are doing it tough in NZ right now for sure, but this kind of thing is just unacceptable!

It's only the screen bezel that is smashed. The topper and buttons, coin chute etc did not get damaged

Back