What's new
One for me also with plexiglass and voltemeter. If i have the kick harness of the HAS do i need also the Kick Harness coming with the Extender?

Thanks.

Reactions: RGB
Just to confirm my earlier post in this thread, I'd also like to be added to the list for 2 units with plexi and service buttons.

Thx.

Can I get one with plexi and a voltmeter please?
Also, can I get an extra plexi and voltmeter for my previous extension? Thanks

Probably too late...but on the off chance it's not - I'd be interested in 2 harnesses (each with plexi, test and service buttons, and voltmeters) :)

I'd also be interested in a single harness with plexi, test/service buttons and voltmeters, if I'm not too late.

I posted back in July so it might have been pre-list, but I'm still interested in 2 full setups, if there's any available remaining units.

Guys, thank you for your prompt response! All PMs will be answered tomorrow.

52500256501_a9fcd0b787_z.jpg

Okay sorry if this is obvious, but if I have a CPS3, kick harness, jamma extender, and HAS, what is the best way to get button 6 working for both players? Would be great if I could avoid cutting that trace mentioned in the HAS manual (don't wanna cut up my new baby lol)

Cutting traces to unlock button 6 is the best way, I kind of regret now I didn't make it easier with revision 4.2.
Another option is to install the CPS2 connector on the JAMMA extension and use the CPS2 kick harness between the HAS and the JAMMA extension.

49619233092_a637a1a5f5-jpg.jpg

Okay yeah I had seen that graphic before. So in the top example there, I would have to cut the trace and set the DIP switches for button 6 on both the HAS and the Jamma extension harness?

Cut the traces, enable button 6 on the HAS via DIP, disable button 6 DIP on the JAMMA extension (because otherwise it will short with GND and the buttons will act as constantly pressed).

Received mine yesterday and using it today. Quality as always is top notch. .05V drop from HAS to extension harness at PCB side. That's much better than the 0.2V-0.3V drop I was getting with another forum made extension. Thank you again @RGB!

Cutting traces to unlock button 6 is the best way, I kind of regret now I didn't make it easier with revision 4.2.
Another option is to install the CPS2 connector on the JAMMA extension and use the CPS2 kick harness between the HAS and the JAMMA extension.

49619233092_a637a1a5f5-jpg.jpg

Just received my extensions today and had some questions to clarify what is needed to allow 6 button operation. I had some discussions on discord about this and it sounded like others may benefit from a quick summary on each version and what is needed.

HAS v4.0 -> extension -> PCB:
I don't see anything in the HAS v4.0 manual about enabling button 6 for player 1/2 on the Jamma harness. Is this possible, or is it enabled by default? I only see jumper JP2 (advanced use only) to disable buttons 4/5, but nothing to enable/disable button 6. Would this scenario require one of the bottom two setups on the diagram, depending on if the extension has the CPS2 connector on it?

HAS v4.1 -> extension -> PCB:
I see information in the manual about the dips for p1/2 buttons 4/5/6, but it doesn't mention cutting a trace like the v4.2 manual indicates. Is this simply not documented in this manual, or is the trace cut not necessary on the v4.1? Once buttons 4/5/6 dips are enabled on the HAS, and also enabled on the extension, it appears that would allow the top setup on the diagram?

HAS v4.2 -> extension -> PCB:
Here I see information on enabling the dips for p1/2 buttons 4/5/6, which require a trace cut to enable the button 6 dip to take effect. Once the trace is cut and buttons 4/5/6 dips are enabled on the HAS, and also enabled on the extension, it appears that would allow the top setup on the diagram?

Also on the v4.2, and possibly on the v4.1 (depending on if a trace cut is needed), would cutting that trace cause any problems with using the HAS without the extensions as long as the button 6 dips are switched off? I assume cutting the trace simply enables those button 6 DIPS and doesn't permanently enable button 6 with no way to disable it?

Other Superguns (without button 4/5/6 on the jamma edge), or if a user doesn't want to modify the HAS by cutting the trace for button 6:
These would require one of the bottom two setups on the diagram, depending on if the CPS2 header is installed.

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

2022-11-28 15.40.40.jpg
2022-11-28 15.41.01.jpg

Also, one more question. I opted for the CPS2 header installed, as well as the plexi's. There isn't a whole lot of clearance between the plexi and the connector to have the wires exit the connector, but I think they would fit since the wires are relatively thin. Is it intended that the connector is installed under the plexi and remain hardwired there, or is there an alternate plexi with a cutout that either I didn't receive or didn't ask for? The RECO had a cutout so I thought I'd ask -- I think the CPS2 connector was standard on that but optional here so that may be a difference.

Thanks again. BTW these things are absolutely gorgeous!

Back