Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC_9514-5.jpg
    DSC_9514-5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_9522-1.jpg
    DSC_9522-1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 254
@Plastic do you want it for use with Brooks boards to run a PC/MAME?
Or are you looking to do classic consoles?

If you answered PC/MAME I highly recommend using a JVS-PAC2 with original Taito JVS PCB, it works perfectly.
Ke8eXPA.jpg

The Brooks boards, because they are USB will sometimes swap P1/P2 at PC boot... This is a HUGE pain in the ass!
Unless you physically move the USB and restore original P1/P2 positions, you'll need to redefine all your default keys in MAME again (and every time it happens which is fairly often).

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no reason why it wouldn't, but I figure I'd ask before since it's not explicitly listed but a revision B Sega IO would also work correct?

Thank you

I didn't mean to sound like I hadn't consulted the order form, but for some reason I was having a brain fart thinking the A and B fell in the 1.5 category.

Both the A and B are JAMMA to JVS IO adapters, they are not Sega Model 1/60 pin harness compatible so they will not work with this kit (*disclaimer: not without hacky/horrible/ugly modification that is). ;)

It’s not specified in the order page. But it also works flawlessly with the latest sega usb/jvs IO known sometimes as rev 4 even if it’s real name is usb IO. That’s the one that comes with apm3 cabinets for example.

It’s not specified in the order page. But it also works flawlessly with the latest sega usb/jvs IO known sometimes as rev 4 even if it’s real name is usb IO. That’s the one that comes with apm3 cabinets for example.
Oh that's dope!

@Plastic do you want it for use with Brooks boards to run a PC/MAME?
Or are you looking to do classic consoles?

If you answered PC/MAME I highly recommend using a JVS-PAC2 with original Taito JVS PCB, it works perfectly.
Ke8eXPA.jpg

The Brooks boards, because they are USB will sometimes swap P1/P2 at PC boot... This is a HUGE pain in the ass!
Unless you physically move the USB and restore original P1/P2 positions, you'll need to redefine all your default keys in MAME again (and every time it happens which is fairly often).
I sold my Brooks adapter for this very reason. I put together a couple of the Daemonbite USB encoders and have only had the swap issue when a big windows update happens.

Complete install on the Vewlix mounting plate...
j7kI0c3.jpg

I actually received the kit a few weeks ago.
Due to the holiday(s) I didn't get to this project until today/this morning.

Tested and working (correctly identified as "Sega Lindbergh" by JVSPAC2) perfectly!
Inputs, cab coin counter, all working as expected/normal.
Wonderful kit, very well designed.

The only complaint I could make... The plexi mounting plate/adapter...
On the Sega Type-3 the pin header (far left image) prevents the PCB from being completely/flush tightened down.
It places increasing amounts of pressure on the plexi and could potentially crack it, a notch-out/recessed pocket could solve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only complaint I could make... The plexi mounting plate/adapter...
On the Sega Type-3 the pin header (far left image) prevents the PCB from being completely/flush tightened down.
Ahhh I missed those pins in my design you’re right. I will update it and offer it as an option.

Thanks for the positive comments !

Back