What's new
For Sale
I just got one of these and it looks great. My only complaint or suggestion is that all of my Sega I/Os have these plastic mounting feet and none of the included screws are long enough to mount it to the acrylic board.
PXL_20220204_203645711.jpg
Of course the simple solution would be to remove the feet, except I don't know how without breaking em, so I'll need to source longer screws.

I just got one of these and it looks great. My only complaint or suggestion is that all of my Sega I/Os have these plastic mounting feet and none of the included screws are long enough to mount it to the acrylic board.
Of course the simple solution would be to remove the feet, except I don't know how without breaking em, so I'll need to source longer screws.

You kind of have to pull them off at an angle while twisting.

I bought some longer screws since - if you wanna remind me your address I can send 4 of them.

Thanks everyone who bought one !

You kind of have to pull them off at an angle while twisting.
Sure, but thats "hard mode" IMO...
I simply grabbed a hold of 'em with a pair of pliers and squeezed until they shattered pulled out the pieces.

Why anyone would want to keep them is beyond me.

I recently used it to install a sega board but thinking about getting another to make connecting my multiJVS easier

The multiJVS is cool and everything, but I honestly don't think its better than the Sega Type 3 (specifically speaking in terms of VLX cab owners, NOT superguns etc).
Being that this kit already supports Sega Type 3, this request seems kinda pointless.

And received, great product :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 5721FD3B-382C-4778-91F2-8D0987DE41F4.jpeg
    5721FD3B-382C-4778-91F2-8D0987DE41F4.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 82
Does it matter if you connect 12v to cn1 or cn2 on the sega jvs board? I see in the example pic it connects to cn2 but is silkscreened for cn1.

@thomas3184 on page one I posted a picture of my setup built out...
As it works perfectly I'm just going to repeat it with my 2nd order/kit.

The Sega IO honestly only has one major advantage over the Taito IO, it can play Capcom vs SNK2 without patching the binary.

Loading CvS2 Naomi on a Taito JVS IO only displays this screen (without patching).
ShyDNNx.jpg

That's really it, I think its worth the price for the best (Type-3) JVS IO available, if you've never played CvS2 or don't own a Naomi however...
You might not feel the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
@thomas3184 on page one I posted a picture of my setup built out...
As it works perfectly I'm just going to repeat it with my 2nd order/kit.

The Sega IO honestly only has one major advantage over the Taito IO, it can play Capcom vs SNK2 without patching the binary.

Loading CvS2 Naomi on a Taito JVS IO only displays this screen (without patching).
ShyDNNx.jpg

That's really it, I think its worth the price for the best (Type-3) JVS IO available, if you've never played CvS2 or don't own a Naomi however...
You might not feel the same way.

Thanks. I saw your pic and it follows the silkscreen so I will do the same. Just curious about the example pic from the product page itself.

P1 is the 12V supply from the cabinet.
My product regulates 12V into a 5V supply for the IO.
You plug in the two cables into the designated ports on the Sega IO, as well as the ribbon cable, and you're good.
P2 is to (optionally) power your card reader if you want the LED on :)

Thanks for all the orders everyone, I'm almost out but will be making more.

Last edited:
Back