What's new
Problem with Samurai Shodown 3 and the latest firmware/menu.
Random reboot with stock bios (sp s2)
exception error handling with unibios 4
It seems to happen only when playing not in attract mode.
Tested with 3 different MVS slot (MV2F, MV1F, MV1FZS) and same result
Voltage is ok (5,05 under load) and genuine samsung micro sd.

I just tried and works well here. Which romset are you playing MVS or AES?

Is the Backup Ram Battery working well? Clear the Backup Ram just to be sure it's not coming from there.

I just tried and works well here. Which romset are you playing MVS or AES?

Is the Backup Ram Battery working well? Clear the Backup Ram just to be sure it's not coming from there.
I tried with the mvs romset.
Backup Ram Battery is ok.
Thanks i'll test with AES romset and after clearing the backup ram.

Street Hoop, (on multi aes with romset pack with latest firmware) blocks in game keys to comeback to menu or shift to one game

@philjay78 which BIOS are you using? If it's a UNIBIOS which version? Does it happen also with a stock bios? PLMK.

Hello,

Samurai shodown 3:
- on original bios after 1st vs console reset automatically
- on unibios 4.0 exception error around the same moment

My setup : AES Neo-0 Jap with unibios 4.0 (with switch to normal bios).

edit : Same as yagamisan on MVS rom.

Last edited:
@Darksoft I did more test with Samurai Shodown 3 and unfortunately same bug (aes rom and backup ram cleared)
Next step i'll try another micro sd and flash slot.

Street Hoop, (on multi aes with romset pack with latest firmware) blocks in game keys to comeback to menu or shift to one game
Windjammers suffer of same problem. Aes, unibios 4.0, latest firmware. With an old firmware it works.

Maybe it's a new bug that is related to Data East way of interacting with the console. Is this also happening with Ghostlop, Magical Drop 2/3 or Spinmaster?

Hello,
Super Dodge Ball exception error just after neogeo logo and start screen.
AES Neo-0 unibios 4.0.
On normal bios it’s resets automatically.

Worked on previous version.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a new bug that is related to Data East way of interacting with the console. Is this also happening with Ghostlop, Magical Drop 2/3 or Spinmaster?
@fgto did you try the other Data East games? I'm trying to narrow it down.

Yes it’s the same for windjammes also. I just tested streets hoop, ghostlop, spinmasters, magical drop 2 and have the same as Phil jay on unibios 4.0 for all those Data East games.
Only Kharkov revenge is OK (I can switch).

With original bios no issues. Maybe you are right and Data East is the same denominator coupled with unibios 4.0.

Last edited:
@Fgto79 what about Magical Drop 3?
@philjay78 can you confirm what @Fgto79 just said, that it works well with Stock BIOS and problem is combination of some Data East games with Unibios 4.0?

Thanks.

i can try only with unibios and yes except magical drop 3. I don't have a switch on a bios, with older firmware (r1111) works well.

@philjay78 we already replaced your cart, so if this is a bug, we will have a look at this whenever we can. It's a low priority right now and we may even not find the problem.

Bought a Raiden that the seller sold as working. It seems ok besides a very buzzing sound. I guess the seller forgot to test with sound and -5V.

Here's a video.

Has the custom sound IC failed that @caius have mentioned and reproduced?
How'd you get Raiden on your MVS Multi? :P

Back