What's new
Crap. Just opened it. Looks like Paradise damaged it in during handling. The SD reader slot is bent.

IMG_1226.JPG

As is the J17 pin

IMG_1227.JPG

Do I contact Mitsurugi-w or Paradise? More shipping expenses now, I suppose :/

J17 pin isn't a big deal, but the SD reader slot is. Damn. I'll send an email to Paradise for now.

Crap. Just opened it. Looks like Paradise damaged it in during handling. The SD reader slot is bent.

Do I contact Mitsurugi-w or Paradise? More shipping expenses now, I suppose :/
Sorry to hear man :( that sucks. now I'm really afraid ... and will take picture before opening the box ! or was it an envelope!?!!!!

I didn't think the J17 pin came populated, at least that's an easy fix, with the SD card reader is it completely broken or just the outer housing? You may be able to put the housing back on if it just clips back into place

The USPS Priority Mail box was in perfect shape. With the J17 pin, looks like the board was forced into the bubble wrap bag. Somewhat of a snug fit into the bag. I can see how that can happen. That isn't a big deal though.

With the SD reader slot, the bubble wrap bag doesn't complete enclose the PCB. And that bag was rolled into more bubble wrap. So the first thing I saw when I unrolled it out of the rest of the bubble wrap was the SD reader slot. I have some time now to play around with it. First things first, see if it can hold an SD card.

Welp, the slightest touch of the SD reader sent pieces flying in my face. That stuff is spring loaded. The metal plate was just holding the broken pieces in place. Looks like no CPS2 Multi for me for a while. I sent Paradise a message and asked for a replacement and return label.

EDIT: I'd want a replacement, not a repair. But this should be an easy fix for you if you have the part, right @Mitsurugi-w?

Attachments

• CPS2_Multi.JPG
    CPS2_Multi.JPG
    429.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Sorry to hear man that sucks. now I'm really afraid ... and will take picture before opening the box ! or was it an envelope!?!!!!
I wouldn't sweat it too much. It is just random bad luck. I have been running good as of late. Was bound to have some rain fall on me.

Ouch that really sucks :( at least you're located in the US so you don't have to ship it internationally to get it sorted out so there are positives :)

I guess if anything is going to get damaged it's going to be the microsd reader, it even looks fragile in the picture, just the nature of a tiny part like that mounted on the edge of the PCB :(

Sorry to hear that. Please send it to @Mitsurugi-w that should be the fastest. Can you please confirm that the problem came from bad packing or could be another reason?

Sorry to hear that. Please send it to @Mitsurugi-w that should be the fastest. Can you please confirm that the problem came from bad packing or could be another reason?
It wasn't shipping damage. The box is pristine. It is packaging/handling. I'd rather have a replacement than a repair. I am awaiting Paradise's response. I can send to Mitsurugi-w but feel I should be reimbursed for shipping.

I agree on the shipping costs. Let's wait and see what paradise says.

I've bought from Paradise before (Brook Universal Fighting Board) and it managed to arrive undamaged and it was well packed so hopefully this is an (unfortunate) isolated incident

Back