What's new
Hello.

Am i right that the Multi cart is only available in italy and Canada shop?

and not directly from you Darksoft?

i really want this Thing.

please help me out.

Thanks

Hello.

Am i right that the Multi cart is only available in italy and Canada shop?

and not directly from you Darksoft?

i really want this Thing.

please help me out.

Thanks
100 units coming end of December. Probably will be split between Europe and US markets. Update your profile so we can tell you where you should look for when they are in stock.

We need Darksoft's talents engineering more goodies. Hence the 3rd party distributor is a necessity. They specialize in packaging boxes.

<p>
</p>

Thank you.

I wrote to the Italy shop.

But no answer yet.

I hope I can get one soon.

Any good sources for mak supergun available here?
Thanks

I am in Germany

:)

<p>
</p>

Thank you.

But no answer yet.

Thanks

I am in Germany

If you're in Germany, then you will pick it up at Saveyourgames.it. Darksoft said 100 units will available towards the end of December. I am thinking 60 units will go to the Americas (Paradise Arcade), and 40 units will go to the ROW (rest of world). That is not a lot considering the popularity. So be diligent in checking towards the end of next month and jump on it ASAP. These guys are too busy developing other goodies to for anyone to get special treatment. We are all VIP customers. Also, the production cycle is looking to be every 3 months. So you risk waiting another 3 months (if not more) if you miss it in December.

Hence the 3rd party distributor is a necessity. They specialize in packaging boxes.
Now THAT was funny!
:D
I guess it is. But wasn't trying to be. I have been sort of mentally dissecting Darksoft's and Mitsurugi-w's arrangement with their distributors. Now they don't have to confirm at all their business model, but I don't think it is a wholesale supplier (Darksoft & and Mits) arrangement with a retailer (Paradise & Saveyourgames). If it was then Paradise & Saveyourgames would own 100% of the liability. From my experience when I received my CPS2 Multi with some damage, then Paradise should have just replaced it outright and would have wrought down the cost of the replacement. But instead, I was instructed to send it to Mitsu as many others have for things like the crackle fix and stuff. That is good. The manufacturer maintains a relationship with the customer. Plus the revenue model to be profitable has to double at each go between. At $325, then Paradise would have to purchase the CPS2 Multi at half the cost ($162.50). Then the COGS and R&D cost would be half of that ($81.25). Looking at the board, I am sure it cost more than $81 to produce. Then at leaves just $81.25 per unit to line the coffers. With production runs of 100 units/3 months, who is going to go through that much trouble?

I am thinking the relationship with Saveyourgames and Paradise is more on a consignment model. Paradise sells it at an agreed upon price and gets a %. I am thinking it is 15%-20%. Darksoft and Mitsurugi own all of the liability outside of shipping and handling. If true, then these guys are just being asked to package boxes and own the commerce setup. This forum here is all the advertisement that is needed to sell Darksoft's work. The attention the products get brings plenty of visitors to Paradise and Saveyourgames. Visitors return there to buy their other high margin items keeping the distributors happy. And on the otherside, Darsoft and Mits keep more of the backend. Which is cool because some of that gets reinvested into other passion projects (Deco, Taito F3, Neo Geo, PGM, ST-V decryption, Naomi, AW, CPS3). It is a good time to be alive if you are an OG arcade gamer!

Also, your best chance of getting it is in December. Funds for personal hobby purchases suchs as the CPS2 multi is allocated for gifting for most in the market at this time in the year. But given that and that the last batch sold out in 3 days, I am thinking that buys you an extra 2 days at most. So be alert!!

Our arrangements are a combination of convenience and necessity.

1. Boxing and shipping takes A LONG TIME. It is tedious. It consumes your free time. I see now why many places charge a handling fee also. Boxing is work. The type of work that makes you hate your job. I also need to box and ship things I do for my individual customers. Add repair time, etc to that and you start to see the problem. I have a full time job also. I try to limit the nights I stay awake until 4am converting Naomi DIMMs and CPS3 carts. :P

2. Payment processing. We needed someone professional to accept payments. Specifically credit cards. Paypal is not possible as they do not allow presales at all. The fiasco with the first waves of ST-V carts showed us that. So we allow a percentage of sales to be used in order pay for the processing fees and consignment charges.

WE assume responsibility for damaged kits because there is no "writing off" damaged kits. We need every penny we make to put back into getting the next batch produced. There is much less profit than you would think because of the fees we have to agree to for the stores to handle things for us. We have talked to another online arcade store that you guys seem to really like but they are asking for a large percentage so there is a chance we will be unable to switch to them for the MVS.

Thanks for the reply of all you guys.

So it looks like there is little chance to get my hands on the device.
The Italian reseller isn't giving any answer at all. And the Canada shop is out of stock.
Really sad.

Thank you guys

Our arrangements are a combination of convenience and necessity.

1. Boxing and shipping takes A LONG TIME. It is tedious. It consumes your free time. I see now why many places charge a handling fee also. Boxing is work. The type of work that makes you hate your job. I also need to box and ship things I do for my individual customers. Add repair time, etc to that and you start to see the problem. I have a full time job also. I try to limit the nights I stay awake until 4am converting Naomi DIMMs and CPS3 carts. :P

2. Payment processing. We needed someone professional to accept payments. Specifically credit cards. Paypal is not possible as they do not allow presales at all. The fiasco with the first waves of ST-V carts showed us that. So we allow a percentage of sales to be used in order pay for the processing fees and consignment charges.

WE assume responsibility for damaged kits because there is no "writing off" damaged kits. We need every penny we make to put back into getting the next batch produced. There is much less profit than you would think because of the fees we have to agree to for the stores to handle things for us. We have talked to another online arcade store that you guys seem to really like but they are asking for a large percentage so there is a chance we will be unable to switch to them for the MVS.
I have always realized that you guys make razor thin margins on these products. On top of that, the arcade scene is a niche (meaning small) market. Truly, it must be a labor of love. All the more reason to remain devoted to buying a Darksoft produced multi. There is this other thread discussing the first to market Neo Geo multi. If I am a betting man, which I am, I put the under/over for the production run of that product at 2 years, then goes the support along with it. I hope I am not coming off as badmouthing it. But you take in all the logistics you just talked about and you have a competing product looming from a highly regarded producer, the math will just not make it worth that guy's while if it is a labor of love. I could be wrong. Lots of Neo Geo fans out there. Good news is for the CPS2 multi, you only have one choice and what a choice it is!

BTW, I am loving the CPS2 Multi so far. It is a mob pleaser, whereas the ST-V multi is me against the world. On Saturday, we pulled off 100 HSF2A matches over about 5 hours, 50 beers, and 8 players :). It was an epic Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks again!

Yes, the margins are thin, this is why I don't mind paying the asking price for the Neo multi. I want more of the money to go to Darksoft.

And it's worth it.

Less than $3 per game!

:D

<p>
</p>

Thank you.

But no answer yet.

Thanks

I am in Germany

Hi, I've answered you 2 times to your 2 email :)

you are in the preorder list don't worry

hello,

Thank you.

are you from the italian shop?

never got a email....also checked the spam Folder.

Do you have another email adress as well?

Guys, Paradise has 4 more kits! 2 are single kits and 2 are sold as a package (with PAL, cable, etc.)

Be sure to get them before they run out!

I did reach out and get mine. Had to move a Qbert project to do it, but the original stick/jrok/ Qbert astro city panel will fix any problems with that, and I still have some funds for the pinballs left over. :D Good day, all things considered.

Guys, Paradise has 4 more kits! 2 are single kits and 2 are sold as a package (with PAL, cable, etc.)

Be sure to get them before they run out!
I just ordered my send CPS2 multi. I missed the early December posting but luckily on Wednesday (Dec 7) I got a notification they had some so I ordered immediately. Now I just need that dead board to hook this up to. :)

Unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet and I do need it by next Friday because I shipped to a friend in Philadelphia (where I'll be for the NEC FGC event next week) instead of up to my home address in Canada. But in any event, good they got some in. As an owner already for the last year or so, these things are awesome (enough so that I ordered another one!).

Unfortunately, this is the absolute worst time of the year for understaffed and overworked post office workers so packages routinely get delayed (purposefully or not) at the main hubs. So it might take a while to get there in the US. (I've had 4 packages in the past month get routed wrong, sent somewhere else, and in one case damaged beyond repair (Company thankfully sent me replacements free). It's a lot worse this year than in past years if I can recall).

We don't even have a cps2 but have clicked on the notify me button on paradise website

Amazing project

hello.

when will the new stock arrive?

the 100 kits you mentioned.

thanks

If you click on the 'notify me' button on the paradise website, it should send you an email when they have them in stock :)

We just received a notice a few days ago and their service was excellent.

Cheers

Back