What's new
I understand you'll be able to switch between Console/Arcade mode, but aren't the carts for Magician Lord different? Meaning you'll need both the AES and MVS roms.

I understand you'll be able to switch between Console/Arcade mode, but aren't the carts for Magician Lord different? Meaning you'll need both the AES and MVS roms.
Some early games have minor differences. Ninja Combat comes to mind, as well as Magician Lord. Shock Troopers has also two different rom revisions that change a bit the gameplay.

Shock Troopers has also two different rom revisions that change a bit the gameplay.
Yea this big time, and people have preference as to which style they like best.
I prefer the one with a separate lifebar for each character (but I always forget if that's A or B).

$500 is just too far beyond my means, hope they are still around after I'm done saving up for one.

$500 is just too far beyond my means, hope they are still around after I'm done saving up for one.
It is a LOT of money, but I'm pretty sure the means of justifying it is that it will be the most heavily supported NEO multi out there. For me personally, this year has involved selling a crap-ton of stuff cluttering my garage/office (it's sorta crazy I had all that stuff, hindsight), so I happened to have the funds readily available. Otherwise, I'd be saving for while :)
-ud

I was only able to afford it because I sold a couple McWills Lynx consoles and a McWills Game Gear. It was just lucky timing on my part. I had originally planned on try to get in on the second batch. Very glad I was able to jump into the first batch instead.

For me personally, this year has involved selling a crap-ton of stuff cluttering my garage/office (it's sorta crazy I had all that stuff, hindsight)
I've been looking over some of my things and asking myself... "Do I even use X?"
More than likely this spring I'll be cleaning out/selling PCBs I just don't play.

If Darksoft releases a System16 multi, I'll be able to sell off 4 motherboards and 3 b/game-boards. ;)

As a matter of fact, if you do the math on all of Darksoft's Multi's, this one BY FAR is the best deal per game.

Just saying...

:D

if you do the math on all of Darksoft's Multi's, this one BY FAR is the best deal per game.
post-24675-0-30188000-1373258690.png

Haha I couldn't help myself ^ ^^

Not just a pile of junk/shovelware games, but some real quality titles in the Neo's library too.
Yea it's expensive but break it down per game, if you own a MVS already you know this is a good deal mathematically (and you likely have some original carts to sell).

If you own a AES, you would just be insane not to buy!
Given the current state/price of legit carts. :/
p2xW50c.png

That one cart is "worth more" than my entire Vewlix Capcom cab with replaced LCD, JAMMA kit and official stools.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt knocking the value of the multi, just the cost :p

I actually got the green light from my wife, so I might get it, I still need to sell some MVS carts n stuff to soften the blow. It'll be worth it to be able to play Windjammers, Viewpoint, and Zedblade again.

pre-ordered, my wallet hurts.

Despite signing up for this forum damn near day 1, I didnt post in the pre-order thread till Oct 4th 2016

Pre-order #458

Just as a general inquiry how much longer will the preorder for the first batch be open?
General rule is buy one if you want one. Until they are sold out. He hasn't said how many are in the first batch.
Just do it!

:D
Oh I'm all set. Ordered mine a few days ago. I was genuinely just wondering how much longer it was going.

Back