What's new
DS mentioned when they're expected to ship a few pages back.

I forget and don't want to bs you.

It's mentioned on page 7.

Yeah just went looking for it. So expected to ship mid January and doesnt sound like there is an end to the preorder.

DS has said we're getting close to the cut off number for this batch.

Like the commercial says

Don't delay
Order today!

Sorry I guess I missed that post. I tried looking for more specifics but didn't see any. Like I said, I already ordered mine so I'm all good. I was only asking out of general curiosity.

Yeah just went looking for it. So expected to ship mid January and doesnt sound like there is an end to the preorder.
Not sure if this helps, but...

At a point in the very near future, Darksoft will have to count up his preorders, decide how many extra he wants to buy for overrun, and place the deposit on those pcb's from the factory. That will effectively be 'batch one' and it will absolutely sell out at some point. So that's probably not today, but also quite likely before they ship to all of us in ~January. That would be the 'end' of the preorder, but he'll probably also open up a demand thread on here to see how many people want in on batch 2. Once that hits a worthwhile size, he'll order that volume. He's been really good about re-stocking his other pcbs as long as there is consistent demand, but it does go in waves of being 'sold-out'.

There's no magic number of units for this round because for pcb manufacturing you need to get into the 10k+ unit volumes to hit any sort of 'economies of scale' or discount pricing. At least that's what I've come to understand, though I don't work in the industry.

I think demand of the cart will explode after the first units are shipped and compared against the ‘other’ cart :D

So order while you still can ;)

Sorry I guess I missed that post. I tried looking for more specifics but didn't see any. Like I said, I already ordered mine so I'm all good. I was only asking out of general curiosity.
I only know from checking the thread multiple times a day ;)

Yeah, this is the most exciting thing I've got going on, I'm that guy. At least I'm not a dick.

Yeah I understand all that. I also manufacture pcbs so I know how it works. In the back of my mind knowing how these things are normally handled, there is usually a time component or a number component in mind and once one of those has been reached a batch is ordered. Once the batch is ordered it's generally a 4-6 week lead time for manufacturing. Assuming DS is doing his own testing and possibly some assembly probably a few more weeks, which puts us out closer to 2-3 months from order submission.

Now not knowing what DS does for certain I can only go off historical data I have from my own experiences. If all of the component assembly and testing is down before shipping to him, that changes the time scale. As does the type of testing being performed. Such as if the panel is built with test connections so that the manufacturer can test an entire panel at once.

Like I said, I placed my order, I'm not in some mad rush or anything, the money is already out of my account, and I have never bought from DS before. So I just asked a simple question. Again I apologize for causing an issue.

Like I said, I placed my order, I'm not in some mad rush or anything, the money is already out of my account, and I have never bought from DS before. So I just asked a simple question. Again I apologize for causing an issue.
There is no need to apologize. No issue was caused. As these forums are Drama Free! :D

The problem is the answer to your question is semi unclear to all of us here except DS and Mitsu.

And don't worry. Once you own a DS, DS owns you. And you will most likely end up with most, if not all, of his creations...

:D

Game on!

Oh, and don't quote me, but my guess would be that Darksoft ordered a bunch, so the order is most likely placed already, and he can still take lots of pre orders. The target date is sometime January 2018.

Im estimating that the 1st batch is pretty close to being sold out.
So.....if anyone is having any doubts, just dont, get your order in now.

Sorry If I wasn't clear enough. First batch is closed. We are now on batch 2.

I have arranged a company to do the assembling for me and we agreed on a standard Testing procedure and serial number printing.

Then I will check each unit and update to the latest firmware and load 3 games on each slot, check some basic functions and then pack back and to Aldo from @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES. He will probably send most of the kits with a microSD which is what I recommend as you will get a ready to go product. He'll pack in nice plastic case and box and send back to you with his usual top support level.

From my side, since I get the carts and I'm ready to ship we are about 7-8 weeks away, then I'll ship to Aldo which is one extra week and count 1 more week to get to you (depending on location). In Europe it should be 3 days.

Second batch should be smoother, so it will happen 6 weeks after that.

Given the HUGE interest that you have shown I'm trying to increase the number of units of 1st batch but can't promise anything at this stage...

Sorry If I wasn't clear enough. First batch is closed. We are now on batch 2.

I have arranged a company to do the assembling for me and we agreed on a standard Testing procedure and serial number printing.

Then I will check each unit and update to the latest firmware and load 3 games on each slot, check some basic functions and then pack back and to Aldo from @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES. He will probably send most of the kits with a microSD which is what I recommend as you will get a ready to go product. He'll pack in nice plastic case and box and send back to you with his usual top support level.

From my side, since I get the carts and I'm ready to ship we are about 7-8 weeks away, then I'll ship to Aldo which is one extra week and count 1 more week to get to you (depending on location). In Europe it should be 3 days.

Second batch should be smoother, so it will happen 6 weeks after that.

Given the HUGE interest that you have shown I'm trying to increase the number of units of 1st batch but can't promise anything at this stage...
Thanks for the info, DS. Will the carts be shipped according to payment order? or will the preorder thread order be respected? I'd like the first, since I paid the cart very early, but I posted late on the thread, LOL.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES, I'm checking the interests check and have a table ready. Those who posted interest check and paid the first will be shipped for sure 1st batch.

I'll send you the list now.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES, I'm checking the interests check and have a table ready. Those who posted interest check and paid the first will be shipped for sure 1st batch.

I'll send you the list now.
tumblr_inline_nv9ztxI90s1tv6fwr_500.gif

Back