What's new
Yeah I've been told they started a(nother) flame thread. I have no interest in seeing what they say. They are Neo-geo by name only. Not the place for Neo info it used to be. Sad they are moderated by people who don't actually enjoy games and many of their members are like sheep following blindly.

Oh well.....nothing new. If anyone really doesn't know the story of NG.com, Darksoft and me I am certainly willing to do a sticky post explaining what happened over there so people can know why they hate us so much. Anyone that has come into the hobby the last 3 to 4 years probably have no idea and probably should know since it is unfair for them to assume our rep is bad based on that place. I should do the post just so I don't need to talk about it anymore.

This is the place for support. We couldn't offer support over there even if we wanted to (which we don't) . Don't even mention us over there or you will get banned. I'm sure every little bug will be advertised as the apocalypse over there even though NeoSD needed several fixes.
Wouldnt be a bad idea. I know bits and pieces but I never was all that interested in drama. But I do know it gets pretty toxic pretty quick over there. Wasnt all that bad back in the days...

So getting a bit of condensed info on why things are as they are doesnt hurt.

my condensed version:

One upon a time there was a CPS2 bootlegger that was the king of the universe, he owned a big harem of servants and fans.. World domination!.

Suddenly a new bootlegger appeared, he revolutioned the market with CPS3, CPS2, AW.. you-name-it bootlegs. WOW! People got crazy.. CPS3 multi, CPS2 multi... W000000000t!!

Then the old bootlegger thought: WTF?? I'm the king here!, let's try to be friends with the new dude.. But new dude didn't like the old rules and said FU! (And crowd applauded)

Old-guy then forbid him to use his old bootlegs. New-guy then said:
- Mwahahahaha (evil laugh) ''FU! I will support your obsolete old-bootlegs (the ones now nobody wants) and our new ones that are way better than yours'' (and crowd applauded)

Old-guy got angry (reaaaaally angry) and together with part of his old harem conspired to bully the new guy.. Insults, boycotts.. This is Spartaaaa!

New guy thought: ''WTF?'' Ignored him, and opened a new forum (and crowd applauded)

OMG!! That really pissed the old guys off!!! Berserk pissing level! But who cared? They had lost control already.

Then a new-new Spanish dude came to the scene. He did piss many other guys in the past by bootlegging others bootleggers work (see the pattern here?). He hided his old forum name, paired with some talented engineers and launched a MVS multi device. W000000t!!! Breathtaking! Finally!

Here is is when the old-guy saw the opportunity to regain world dominance again mwahahahaa (evil laugh). Everything was perfect, the new-new guy hated his nemesis and he just launched a MVS multi. Yeeees!!! What could be better than that?

So he promoted the new-new guy product, despite the initial flaws while mocking the development of the new-guy similar product....

And... To be continued..

Maybe you could sell it as a movie script, should turn in a triple A hollywood block buster :P

@deibit

That story certainly covers a lot, and is especially relevant to the MVS and CPS2 multis...
In general I think the site degenerated into what we see today because of the exodus of some key admins.
The appointing of new replacement admins (that clearly didn't give a fuck about gaming) and the rise of "The War Room" thread.

Which before it was removed (but I guess has now reopened) was one of... If not the longest threads on the entire site, if that tells you anything about what was really important to them (e-penius).

Last edited by a moderator:
my condensed version:

One upon a time there was a CPS2 bootlegger that was the king of the universe, he owned a big harem of servants and fans.. World domination!.

Suddenly a new bootlegger appeared, he revolutioned the market with CPS3, CPS2, AW.. you-name-it bootlegs. WOW! People got crazy.. CPS3 multi, CPS2 multi... W000000000t!!

Then the old bootlegger thought: WTF?? I'm the king here!, let's try to be friends with the new dude.. But new dude didn't like the old rules and said FU! (And crowd applauded)

Old-guy then forbid him to use his old bootlegs. New-guy then said:
- Mwahahahaha (evil laugh) ''FU! I will support your obsolete old-bootlegs (the ones now nobody wants) and our new ones that are way better than yours'' (and crowd applauded)

Old-guy got angry (reaaaaally angry) and together with part of his old harem conspired to bully the new guy.. Insults, boycotts.. This is Spartaaaa!

New guy thought: ''WTF?'' Ignored him, and opened a new forum (and crowd applauded)

OMG!! That really pissed the old guys off!!! Berserk pissing level! But who cared? They had lost control already.

Then a new-new Spanish dude came to the scene. He did piss many other guys in the past by bootlegging others bootleggers work (see the pattern here?). He hided his old forum name, paired with some talented engineers and launched a MVS multi device. W000000t!!! Breathtaking! Finally!

Here is is when the old-guy saw the opportunity to regain world dominance again mwahahahaa (evil laugh). Everything was perfect, the new-new guy hated his nemesis and he just launched a MVS multi. Yeeees!!! What could be better than that?

So he promoted the new-new guy product, despite the initial flaws while mocking the development of the new-guy similar product....

And... To be continued..
Ho Lee Fuk man, that was a great story, I was LOL, a lot of reference materials there:).. I was picturing a Family guy episode where the new guy was Peter Griffin and the bad guy was the chicken that he always fights against..

Old-guy then forbid him to use his old bootlegs.
Don't forget, the "old-guy" also originally forbid a certain high profile emulator team from using his work too...
Thankfully this "work" was "leaked" to the team, and support was added. ;)

I actually thought the "old guy" was the one who made the other Neo multi, didn't realise there was a "new-new guy"

A bit of a pity IMHO that the old guy will probably never port his multi-frontend to the DS multi... I have to admit that it looks fantastic in his proof of concept videos on YT....

Sorry for staying OT :whistling:

tenor.gif

Well, I’m gonna remain a proud supporter of the New Guy, don’t want to deal with Old Guy’s drama or New New Guy’s silly, holier than thou’ comments. And that chopped up video using beast’s post the lowest of blows ever.

Anyway, more importantly, can’t wait to get my Mvs multis, my cabs are ready :D

The sad thing about 'new new team' is that the dev behind it writes really interesting, informative and relevant posts, whereas the front/pr guy writes inflammatory crap constantly. He fits in well over there with all the drama.

Yet NeoSD and Raz is helping to troubleshoot an issue a user is having with his Darksoft MVS cart.
If that is so it is because they have an ulterior motive. And that would be to find a flaw in the product that they can use to try to bury it. If someone has an issue with the cart they need to post here for help. Those two people have no knowledge of our product.

Wow. Neo-geo.com is NOT on board with this project lol. So much hate.

On another note that forum doesn’t seem as entertaining as it used to be. I guess all the witty shitlords died of geriatric conditions in the last few years?
I really don't get Neo-Geo.com. They hate noobs and any type of people who want to enter their community. They despise people who just want to join the forum to buy some video game products. They are beginning to die out very, soon.

Treat people with respect and welcome them with open arms, most of them will return and create an even stronger community. Sorry for being so salty. In the end these are just video games. To many it's a life passion. Still it's nothing that goes beyond life and death.

Let's forget about that other forum and let's celebrate Darksoft, Mitsurugi and the team for their hard work and dedication!!!

Thank you and congratulations!!!!

Yet NeoSD and Raz is helping to troubleshoot an issue a user is having with his Darksoft MVS cart.
If that is so it is because they have an ulterior motive. And that would be to find a flaw in the product that they can use to try to bury it. If someone has an issue with the cart they need to post here for help. Those two people have no knowledge of our product.
They have.

110% All they wanted were pics/schematics of Darksofts multi and get a hold of the firmware to see if Darksoft copied their code from the NeoSD or universe bios or some shit like that and to try to find something they can say it’s a weakness. But whatever, let them spend their time looking for if they happen to find something and point it out they will only be helping Darksoft with bug fixes :D Which is good for us all.

Last edited:
Back