What's new
So, to be clear: what is the current status of MVS preorders? I know there are like 16 left from 1st batch, but...does Aldo already have the carts, or are they being manufactured as we speak? can we get a little glimpse at the complete kit's contents? which was the chosen label? will each one have a serial? :o many questions!!

That has been mostly answered already....

Cartridges are currently under production. Also @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES has already shown the box and cases.

I'm not sure about the label though.

This has been bothering me for a while.. the NeoGeo is extremely popular and we have not gotten to the 200 unit? The NeoGeo multi should have been sold out by now. I don't see DS making money out of such a small quantity which makes me worry about the future of others Multi systems like the CPS1..if you haven't put your order in, show your support:)

This has been bothering me for a while.. the NeoGeo is extremely popular and we have not gotten to the 200 unit? The NeoGeo multi should have been sold out by now. I don't see DS making money out of such a small quantity which makes me worry about the future of others Multi systems like the CPS1..if you haven't put your order in, show your support:)
The first batch was increased to 600 (I think?) units given the level of interest, I think 200 were sold in the first few hours of preorders going live

Definitely no shortage of interest for the Neo multi

Edit: the latest order that someone has quoted in the thread is 552 :)

600? Where did that number come from?

1st batch is 200 units. Still 15 or so left.

@xodaraP order number is not equal to the amount of MVS kits sold. It has been increased to 200 units as DS has stated multiple times in this thread :)

DS sold 184 of them so far based on reputation, a few reviews of prototypes, and MItsu's, uh, lo-fi camcorder vids. If you weren't a fan already, i can see why it might be tough to pull the trigger. There is still uncertainty, it's not a shipped product yet.

So the fence sitters will miss batch one, but they're not buying a NeoSD either. After release you'll see another wave of purchases though. At that point there will be:

-Pics of the final hardware
-final artwork/shells/box
-Reviews of shipped units
-More professional vlogger reviews
-comparison vids
-Firmware updates (maybe MSX?)
-Maybe some consolidated info here to help new folks
-Support Notes / simple how-to guide

Basically it's the full product picture, and it'll be enough for folks who have sat out so far. None of them have to buy on faith at that point. Especially for folks getting into the hobby or platform, it'll be an easy choice.

I also expect, once people realize how good it is to not-wait for games to flash, and you'll have some NeoSD folks also start to buy. That'll take more time though...

Last edited:
Can I add that its also a time of year when money is a bit tighter for a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people just didn't have the money at the moment and are happy to wait until the second run when the have had a chance to save for it. Although the multi is a great deal you can't exactly call it cheap.

had a chance to save for it
A year+ wasn't enough time?
Ad8DPXQ.jpg

:saint:

Hi :

Love to buy more but like everyone else, cash is tight.
I think 1x neo geo and 1x stv multi is a reasonable amount of support on the cusp of the new year.
Buy one, lol!!
:D

Regards
euphoria

So, to be clear: what is the current status of MVS preorders? I know there are like 16 left from 1st batch, but...does Aldo already have the carts, or are they being manufactured as we speak?
DS wrote about the planned timeline two weeks ago:

Sorry If I wasn't clear enough. First batch is closed. We are now on batch 2.

I have arranged a company to do the assembling for me and we agreed on a standard Testing procedure and serial number printing.

Then I will check each unit and update to the latest firmware and load 3 games on each slot, check some basic functions and then pack back and to Aldo from @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES. He will probably send most of the kits with a microSD which is what I recommend as you will get a ready to go product. He'll pack in nice plastic case and box and send back to you with his usual top support level.

From my side, since I get the carts and I'm ready to ship we are about 7-8 weeks away, then I'll ship to Aldo which is one extra week and count 1 more week to get to you (depending on location). In Europe it should be 3 days.

Second batch should be smoother, so it will happen 6 weeks after that.

Given the HUGE interest that you have shown I'm trying to increase the number of units of 1st batch but can't promise anything at this stage...

Dont you think the AES version will be a more popular product?

The AES is rather mainstream and the original carts are waaay more expensive than the MVS.

I think sales will definitely improve once people get the MVS Multi in their hands and word of mouth recommendations begin. Neither the DS Multi or NeoSD are inexpensive, and many non-diehard potential Neo Geo customers are hesitant to spend substantial amounts of money on an unshipped, unproven device. I'm sure AES sales will be much better when the time comes-partly due to the AES's popularity and partly because the MVS Multi will have its reputation established by then-especially against the NeoSD.

All that said, @Darksoft you may want to talk to Stone Age Gamer here in the States about being a distributor. SAG is the "big name" in console flash cart distributors here, and I know several console players that won't buy any flash solutions unless it comes from them.

Back