What's new
Want To Buy
Would love one, if you happen to find two takers on this. I have the other 3 shmups....

If you've got a desoldering gun and don't mind taking a small gamble. Gokujou Parodius doesn't use any security so theoretically you can actually convert other games to a G-Parodius by simply removing the security chips and swapping the ROMs. I believe Taisen Puzzle-Dama/Crazy Cross uses the same ROM board and you can usually pickup one of those ROM boards for about $30 on YAJ.

For reference here's a pic of my G-Parodius PCB; note the ESC security chip and associated hardware in the center of the PCB is unpopulated. the only thing here are the EPROMs and some logic ICs. The biggest roadblock is having to de-solder everything so not an easy conversion unless you have a de-soldering gun. I've never tried it personally since I didn't discover this until I had already bought a G Parodius and started looking into region swapping it; but there's no reason it shouldn't work.

g_parodius.jpg

Weirdly, Fantastic Journey does have security, so there's no way to region swap this game like you can on most of the other System GX titles.

I think I have a spare, but I’m traveling until January. PM if interested and can wait. I would say, PM 27 December so I don’t forget.

Oh, that's neat info @twistedsymphony, thanks for that. Do you know if Dragoon Might has security? I've been interested in that fighter for a while now and it would be nice having having another option to eventually pick it up.

I have a nearly complete set System GX games. G-Parodius is the only game on the system without security.

Oh, thats a shame, thanks for the reply though. I'm actually interested in a lot of these GX games including Gokujou Parodius (Dragoon Might is just at the top), if the security issues were worked out it's one I'd definitely down with having a multi.

Good luck with your search midwaydj!

Back