What's new
Mark your items as sold

enforce1

Beginner
Reaction score
Control panel for Taito Vewlix cabs. The controls are analog, and the JVS IO board looks to be in great shape (though I lack the cabling to test it).

The card reader is included as well, but, again, unable to test it in any meaningful way. I have the rest of the cabinet, including the 32" LCD and scaler board that works when it feels like it, that I will throw in *for free* if you come get it and want it.

Definite project, but if someone has the time, you could make something incredibly rare out of it. I know I'll never get to it.

Shipping will only be done via fedex pack and ship to the US, and is not included in the listed price.

Apparently my pics are too big for the boards, so heres an album. Please ask any questions!

https://imgur.com/a/6ivt9

This sold to Galloping Ghost!

Last edited:
He posted this on Facebook as well. was asking $150 there. Sounds like he's got the whole cab but just selling the HL2 parts.

Please add your location to your profile.

Sorry, everyone, I am in Baltimore (thanks for the heads up that I didn't have my location on my profile).

I just want $150 for the panel, but if you're local, you can have the rest of the machine too. I'm happy to accomodate a shipper, but I'm not dropping this thing off at fastenal or anything like that. I'm responding to PMs here and KLOV, its not a bidding war, just sort of whoever makes it easier for me to get rid of this thing lol

He posted this on Facebook as well. was asking $150 there. Sounds like he's got the whole cab but just selling the HL2 parts.
Nope, the whole thing can go, but I know this is mega cheap, I just want someone to make it easy for me to get rid of it

DAAAAAAM how bad does a Vewlix have to be that it's considered scrap?!

DAAAAAAM how bad does a Vewlix have to be that it's considered scrap?!
Its not even that bad. I know we've talked a bunch about different projects, and tbh I'm tired of working on cabinets, so the idea of a complete teardown / rebuild is just uhh... in the cards for me right now. I tried to sell the cab separate from the control panel, and no one bit, so now I'm gonna try to move the CP, as it looks like its got some value, anyhow. I just don't really want the cab so I want someone to come get it, and do the work that I'm unmotivated to do.

Interested as hell in watching it get fixed, though.

Not to piggyback off of your sale, but if anyone here ends up with the whole cab and wants to turn it back into a normal Vewlix but is worried about finding the panel/enclosure, I have an L panel and enclosure I'd be willing to trade for the HL2 one (or PCB's or whatever, it's just sitting here).

GLWTS!

Not to piggyback off of your sale, but if anyone here ends up with the whole cab and wants to turn it back into a normal Vewlix but is worried about finding the panel/enclosure, I have an L panel and enclosure I'd be willing to trade for the HL2 one (or PCB's or whatever, it's just sitting here).

GLWTS!
I got a spare Halflife panel ;)

Its not even that bad. I know we've talked a bunch about different projects, and tbh I'm tired of working on cabinets, so the idea of a complete teardown / rebuild is just uhh... in the cards for me right now.
is it a legit L or F or a Chewlix? got any pictures of the whole cab? I might be interested in just such a project even if it means paying to have it shipped up to me

Its not even that bad. I know we've talked a bunch about different projects, and tbh I'm tired of working on cabinets, so the idea of a complete teardown / rebuild is just uhh... in the cards for me right now.
is it a legit L or F or a Chewlix? got any pictures of the whole cab? I might be interested in just such a project even if it means paying to have it shipped up to me
Check the link above, the cab is salvageable, I would honestly send it to get stripped/sandblasted and powdercoated. The plastic parts have been weathered by UV it looks like, so not sure if it has become brittle, but that would have to get repainted.

EEEEEEEEH... just looked at the pictures. there's too much rust and too much missing to make that worth it for me, if I were local and it cost $0 to pick it up it'd be a good side project, but not worth the shipping cost IMO. Besides, I do enough rust repair on my cars up here in NH, Arcade machines are like my sanctuary away from having to deal with that BS :P

Don't forget to send whomever the foot pedals with it if you don't sell the cab whole! They're not useful for anything else..

@twistedsymphony Maybe the doors are present? If so, it's missing nothing aside from rust treatment!

@Derick2k Why you always gotta have the stuff I want, huh?

Cost of true restoration is too great for the average Joe on this.

That cab needs to be completely taken apart
chemically strip the powdercoat from the main body, etc.
Inspect for damage and repair as needed
Paint or powder coat. Possibly retapping screw mount locations or completely doing them over again.
Electrical harness
New speakers/boxes
Paint plastic parts, or get replacements
Maybe needs new doors, coin bucket/coin mech
Repeat above for all the parts removed from main body
So yeah, to do it right, its gonna cost just as much as getting an L or more.

I might be missing some steps, but Twisted has the experience and he sees what I see :)
Gotta give that cab a whole lotta love.

But if someone has the skills/time and lives nearby, pick this thing up.

Cost of true restoration is too great for the average Joe on this.

That cab needs to be completely taken apart
chemically strip the powdercoat from the main body, etc.
Inspect for damage and repair as needed
Paint or powder coat. Possibly retapping screw mount locations or completely doing them over again.
Electrical harness
New speakers/boxes
Paint plastic parts, or get replacements
Maybe needs new doors, coin bucket/coin mech
Repeat above for all the parts removed from main body
So yeah, to do it right, its gonna cost just as much as getting an L or more.

I might be missing some steps, but Twisted has the experience and he sees what I see :)
Gotta give that cab a whole lotta love.

But if someone has the skills/time and lives nearby, pick this thing up.
I hadn't seen the saggy wood first look...

Harness looks salvageable.

But overall, yeah, gonna take some time and money. Still, projects are fun! And you can do them in stages, which means you can spread your spending over a few months. Or be like me and start a project, then sell it onward because you realize you'll never finish it. One or the other.

Hey guys, yes, to address everyone saying it, this is a massive project.

It actually sold, and is going to the Galloping Ghost arcade. I trust that they have the know-how and gumption to bring this babe back to life.

Dont mean to hijack this - but if someone has a HL2 CP and pedals - let me know!

Back