What's new
Want To Buy

pochinga

Student
Reaction score
If someone has a good price I am interested in buying it. Greetings.

why buy something that literally takes an hour or so to make. lol.

why buy something that literally takes an hour or so to make. lol.
Because not everyone knows how to make them and would rather buy a plug and play solution. Many people are much less adept at computer stuff than you. Trust me.

if you cant copy a hardidsk and copy files you shouldn't own the hardware it isn't rocket science we are talking bout here

you dont buy a car with out knowing how to change the oil, or how to put gas in the tank

For those woundering the steps are as follows

Clone a working X1 game HD to a new drive
copy nikos multi files
change the shellapplication to nikos multi
done

also to further my point you buy a pcb, you are expected to know HEY THIS IS JAMMA and you should have a basic understanding of well how 12v 5v Ect work beacuse if you dont your just going to break things or have a damage pcb
Likewise, if you buy a system that is a WINDOWS computer, that also requires you to swap hard-drives you should be familiar with doing so, so the only step that even requires real thought is how to change the shell application
something 30 seconds of googling can even provide youtube videos for doing.

Last edited:
I'm good with computers but I can't do all that shit either. And I own a car but don't change my own oil. Your argument is not a good one. Either way, try being less condescending to people. Being nice goes a long way.

Remember....we've all been learners....
And rule #1 of this forum is respect to others...no Drama...and we are watching.

Remember....we've all been learners....
And rule #1 of this forum is respect to others...no Drama...and we are watching.
And thats fine and dandy, All i said was simply i dont understand whom would buy it, literally You should have a basic level of skills if you are in the hobby

@atrfate i'm prettey sure about 99% of people using a computer today don't have a clue how to do more than the most basic stuff... and to be honest my knowledge of pcs got a lot worse in the last 20 years... i used to optimize config.sys and autoexec.bat files all the time and today i'm just happy if the damned thing works :P

to be honest your description what to do wouldn't help me very much, but then again that's part of why i'm shying away from the newer systems atm...

and to gain a basic level of skills you sometimes need help from those nice people on the forum ;)

@atrfate i'm prettey sure about 99% of people using a computer today don't have a clue how to do more than the most basic stuff... and to be honest my knowledge of pcs got a lot worse in the last 20 years... i used to optimize config.sys and autoexec.bat files all the time and today i'm just happy if the damned thing works :P

to be honest your description what to do wouldn't help me very much, but then again that's part of why i'm shying away from the newer systems atm...

and to gain a basic level of skills you sometimes need help from those nice people on the forum ;)
Yes, And that may be true, but if you own a system, that is based Apon swapping harddrives the concept, ( its how the system works oh i got a new game let me change the hdd ) Then you already have the understanding of how to connect a drive to a computer. Ergo Pressing a single button in hddrawcopy tool to clone a drive. (also documented in the typex multi thread) Isn't a mystifying challenge it is infact 3 clicks

On top of this for "Step 2" Change the shellapplication this has not only been documented, and displayed in the end of the same thread it is also, something googling "change windows shell windows xp" Can give you. the key 2 in around 40 seconds of Searching.

Hence why the entire process for a complete newbie who really wanted to learn should take about and hour. (finding the information on how to do the above reading how to do it, and waiting on it to clone )

People who want to learn more power to them, beacuse that's how they got this far. But people Who want to cut corners and not even do proper research well they cant be helped. and it prompts people buying software that is given away for free

The other-day I wanted to bake a bunt cake, I googled a Recipe, Gathered all the things needed, and followed them and at the end of it, I got some cake.

Much like my example of baking, and the example of what to do, neither of them are specialized traits that need special hardware ovens, eeproms, nothing and can be learned if someone wants 2

tbh i haven't searched for a tutorial on this system yet, simply it's not relevant for me (yet...)

If someone is willing to pay for something that could be done by someone else for free then more power to them. It's the whole reason any service industries exist at all. This was a WTB thread posted by a different member NOT a WTBJ: Wanting to be Judged. I mean how can you judge someone for spending money when you keep leaving your 2 cents everywhere? :P

I bought one off of glstar because I wanted the plug n play option. This stuff is a bit beyond me at the moment (I'm sure I could pick it up pretty quickly if I had some time) and he was selling it with an X2 that I dropped right into my Vewlix (that I was looking for an Sf4 for anyhow) and had it running in like 20 minutes. $500 well spent in my book :)

Looks like he has another? I can vouch that I got it quickly from overseas and it worked with zero fuss.

Taito Type X2 Multi - upgraded

I'm stuck at work but will try that when I get home. If I'd got a working game I might have been able to do it myself but as the only TTX game I have just sits there clicking, cloning it wasnt an option.. .

This is why I love this place.....

Here is a link to a working Type-X multi image, no games, based off Niko’s Multi v1.4:
https://mega.nz/#!dZAggDpB!jOYGJe0E_O-BUWiBKnL36zQWa9AqOPCnZErUooctd-s
I for one haven't bothered to build a TypeX multi drive yet so I really appreciate this. I understand the desire to not have to worry about it but this is exactly the kind of thing that should be presented as an option to those who don't have the knowledge. It's simple and easy to teach. Thanks for the link!

Here is a link to a working Type-X multi image, no games, based off Niko’s Multi v1.4:
https://mega.nz/#!dZAggDpB!jOYGJe0E_O-BUWiBKnL36zQWa9AqOPCnZErUooctd-s
so this is going to work with a standard TX1 with the standard TX1 graphic card? Nice :)

I use a Joerg's TX1, never bothered to configure a correct multi setup.

What's the best place to get the cleanest TX1 dumps?

Ps: by the way, I always thought that you measure how good you are in this hobby by proving how many 1CCs you have or how many twin galaxies records you own, and not by how showing how many HDD images you can create or how clean your SMD soldering skills are, LOL

Back