What's new

Wombat

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello fellow arcade enthousiasts :D .
I'm Wombat and just like you, I'm also struck by the arcade virus 8o .

Some of you might know me from AO & ASG and other boards alike.

My main passion is NAOMI and that's also the reason how I found this board, thanks to Darksoft's amazing AW converts!

Welcome.. I am trying to collect some Noami boards.. It is a system that I was not that familiar with:)

Welcome wombat!

I always loved my Dreamcast and the arcade ports, so I enjoy collecting for Naomi as well. I only wish that all naomi games were on cart format, just for the ease of use. I would KILL to have Capcom vs SNK 2 on cart.......

Welcome wombat!

I always loved my Dreamcast and the arcade ports, so I enjoy collecting for Naomi as well. I only wish that all naomi games were on cart format, just for the ease of use. I would KILL to have Capcom vs SNK 2 on cart.......
Welcome!

It will be way much simpler that way, I sometimes stare at the disc and hope someday I get to it and rewire the Dynamo showcase. Need to add 2 buttons, the second psu and the gd-rom. Its a tight squeeze in there but I might be tempted to just get another naomi board and put it in the big blue.

Welcome wombat!

Welcome!
It will be way much simpler that way, I sometimes stare at the disc and hope someday I get to it and rewire the Dynamo showcase. Need to add 2 buttons, the second psu and the gd-rom. Its a tight squeeze in there but I might be tempted to just get another naomi board and put it in the big blue.
I havent tried using a GD rom on mine yet, but my netdimm setup is finnicky as hell and only works about half the time. Carts tho?

Works the First time......Every time......

giphy.gif

the Naomi is awesome.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@Mugicha it's actually possible to convert GD-Rom games into cartridges. There might be a few experts on this very board that can help you with that.

That would be cool to convert all the games into cartridge or a multy cartridge.. I have a CF reader card thing but that thing only works around once every 5th power cycle.. Is this a normal behavior for all Rabery pie setup as well since you are having issues with yours?

That would be cool to convert all the games into cartridge or a multy cartridge.. I have a CF reader card thing but that thing only works around once every 5th power cycle.. Is this a normal behavior for all Rabery pie setup as well since you are having issues with yours?
i have a few collected GD-roms i would not dare use. having a converted carts for backups would be cool. though from looking around they sound like their expensive conversions.

something for the naomi, similar the FlashMasta for the NGPC would be nice. a base loader to plug a cart into and write/delete to a cart. wouldn't have to sacrifice a cart for each game, could always return it to OG RoM. probably the only thing sacrificed would be a Communication board. not sure if would even be possible, don't beat me up over it.
Neo-Geo-Pocket-Flash-Masta-LinkMasta-4-9-15-Bundle-1.jpg

I cant find anything on writing roms to naomi carts. just forums of people saying the games work as conversions. and some people dumping on some person that goes by "Joerg" who sold Ikaruga carts for a inflated price.

Any fan of Sega's last hurrah systems are AOK with me. Welcome!

Back