What's new
Well it is only the 6 button games that use the kick harness as far as I know and all 3/4 button games purely on the Jamma edge.
Perhaps to allow operators to drop those games in standard Jamma/Neo cabs without installing a kick harness for only 1 button?

I don’t own a HAS myself, but I would just create a jumper on those 2 pins as mentioned in the manual a few posts back.
Could even make it a toggle switch instead to easy flip b4 ON/OFF
Yeah, but I don’t have the know how to do that. Anyway this isn’t a problem with the HAS, it’s a bug, it’s Capcom being Capcom. Also again, I use the HAS for hardware that isn’t Capcom, and that use buttons 4&5. So this is also for convenience on my part.

Yeah, maybe on the next HAS revision it can actually be a switch instead of a jumper?

But still, isn't it easy to just hold the button down on power on?

Hi, so are the HAS units no longer available for pre-order?

Also this might sound stupid but I don't know much about arcade stuff and have never bought an arcade PCB before or used any type of supergun, but I just purchased this X the Ball PCB for like $250 because I'm a collector of games by Rare and I only want five arcade games in my collection and this is one of them (I've been watching this auction for like a year and the seller sent me an offer so I took it). The listing says "non-JAMMA" so is there a way to get it to work with the HAS? I've attached the picture of the board I bought (listed as working by the seller). There is also another small PCB the seller has listed for the same game but I have no idea what this is for (I attached this as well). I've asked these questions around the internet a few times, always with no one able to help me (even sent messages to the seller a few times with zero response). I just want to know if this board will work with the HAS and if I need to buy the second smaller one as well. Thanks

Also this is a trackball game (I believe the controls consist of a trackball and a single button) and I'm guessing I will need multiple accessories to get it working with the HAS, if it's even compatible at all. At the very least I will own the PCB and if it can't work with the HAS then hopefully I can figure out some way of being able to play this game. Worst case scenario is everyone makes fun of me for spending money on something that is impossible to get working :unsure:

Attachments

• XtheBall.jpg
    XtheBall.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 143
  • XtheBall2.jpg
    XtheBall2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Wow, what a weird game! I've never heard of it, but yes, you'll need a trackball and a button to play.

The HAS will be available again, but no pre-orders right now. I think he wants to sell them when ready, FCFS.

If you are in Cali, here is one that you might be able to pick up and save on shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254268622322

That being said, HAS is JAMMA, but adapters are available. I'm looking for a manual for that game to see what the pin-out is for you, no luck yet.

Also, you got both PCBs for that price, I say you did OK. Not knowing what that game goes for, it seems on eBay people sell them (or try anyway) separately.

The game seems to be a redemption game, so like, I have no idea why you would want it for home use...

Welcome to the forum. And, oh, you HAVE to get Batttletoads. It's the best RARE arcade game, IMO.

Yeah, maybe on the next HAS revision it can actually be a switch instead of a jumper?

I’ll give it a shot next time.
There is a software activated switch as mentioned by Frank. It's not saved in eeprom, so you need to repeat the procedure everytime you want to play the VS.

The V4.1 (currently in production) does have physical dip switches.

@xtrasmiley it will be possible to map start to one of the action buttons this time. I can also update firmware on your current HAS :)

I’ll give it a shot next time.
There is a software activated switch as mentioned by Frank. It's not saved in eeprom, so you need to repeat the procedure everytime you want to play the VS.
The V4.1 (currently in production) does have physical dip switches.

@xtrasmiley it will be possible to map start to one of the action buttons this time. I can also update firmware on your current HAS :)
Amazing as always @RGB

Its the same issue man, capture cards won't accept really wacky syncs.The OSSC Pro has lots of great features on the table/in discussion, but altering the sync rate IS NOT one of them.
You could buy my iScan DVDO, it will make the OSSC work with ANY monitor/capture card guaranteed (because it adjusts the rate to 60.0Hz no matter what the input). :whistling: ;)

Everyone who is saying shit like "oh why can't it just adjust the scan rate" don't understand how the OSSC works or what makes it so special.
It only adds 1ms of lag! Compare that with a device like the xRGB Framemister which adds 16ms of lag.
So how is it able to scale some 16 times faster? Because it has NO FRAME BUFFER PERIOD!
Why dose that matter? You can't alter the timing of motion without a place to store this motion first, no frame buffer = no timing adjustment.
But, no frame buffer means the near direct display of every frame at its original timing (all be it wacky/off spec).
That’s great to know! I actually have a HDMI splitter and was wondering if I could avoid lag by using the splitter. It’s not just for arcade games, but the capture cards also reject my Saturn. The Saturn also doesn’t run at 60Hz, it runs at 59.82 or 59.83Hz. I’d like more info about that iScan DVDO but I don’t want to break the bank. There is a pandemic going on right now, although I’m still buying arcade stuff haha.

But yeah I really want to stream and record footage of classic games. Also does anyone recommend to use optimal timings for the OSSC? I read about it all the time, but the default looks amazing to me already. And most monitors I’ve tried my setups on accept the OSSC and arcade / Saturn hardware. 960p is taken in just fine and most monitors let you set aspect ratio so to avoid stretched screens.

I haven’t tried, and I’m not using a has, but I’m assuming this b4 issue wouldn’t be a problem for me because I wire up my sticks to send b4 jamma on a different button than kick harness b4. It seemed to make more sense to me to have 4 in a row (guess not really in a row but my fingers sit there naturally) for neo geo and then also have the 3+3 for sf layout. This means in lots of games I have 2 buttons that do the same thing, but I’ve found I don’t even think about it. Colored buttons go to jamma b1-b4. I couldn’t think of much use for top row button 4 so I plug it. I also don’t think I need to send button 5 to the jamma edge for anything. Not sure what I would do if I needed that.

Attachments

• F18E18E3-975A-4702-9D48-2D5EE2D4A05A.jpeg
    F18E18E3-975A-4702-9D48-2D5EE2D4A05A.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 151
when using a undamned usb decoder with the has you can't disable button 4/5. You need the jamma harness extender RGB makes / plug in a db15 controller to disable first / add a switch as specified in the has manual.

when using a undamned usb decoder with the has you can't disable button 4/5. You need the jamma harness extender RGB makes / plug in a db15 controller to disable first / add a switch as specified in the has manual.
This has been remedied in later V4 versions (after somebody in this thread had reported the issue). The earlier V4 can be flashed with the new firmware (PM me if you need it).

Hey everyone, just checking in to get subscribed to thread updates! Can't wait for the next run of the HAS.

If anyone has a rgb to composite video/ s-video adapter for the HAS that they would like to sell I'm very interested.

has anyone compared the retrotink 2x to the ossc for playing PCBs? I ask because I've got a vewlix en route and want to eventually be able to play my jamma boards in there too, via a supergun and scaler. I know the ossc will be "better" but I haven't been able to find any direct comparisons. I have an ossc for my console setup to test and see if it's even compatible with the monitor in the cab, but figured i'd ask here!

has anyone compared the retrotink 2x to the ossc for playing PCBs? I ask because I've got a vewlix en route and want to eventually be able to play my jamma boards in there too, via a supergun and scaler. I know the ossc will be "better" but I haven't been able to find any direct comparisons. I have an ossc for my console setup to test and see if it's even compatible with the monitor in the cab, but figured i'd ask here!
The 2x doesn't have RGB or RGBHV input. I would recommend the HAS to OSSC depending on your Viewlix model. I have heard of compatibility issues.

Maybe @jassin000 could clarify.

Ha, yeah I was going to covert it to component, i have a couple of the shinybox converters.

Just looking for supergun -> flat panel options that are a solid choice. if i need to buy another ossc, i'll do it, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't another option that would work well. Thanks @hoagtech and @jassin000 . :)

Maybe @jassin000 could clarify
I could, but you already nailed it...Retrotink is isn't for RGBs, so its trash! ;)
36c4ce_eaef33ec2f7c47529ec172c9dbf84a03~mv2.webp

S-video/composite in 2020?! *rolls eyes* nigga plz GTFO... :rolleyes:
Given it's capabilities and price point, I'd say that RetroTink is a fantastic product. That being said, Mike Chi released a SCART version this year that takes RGBs. I don't have any kind of supergun setup yet, but I've used my 2X-SCART with a few consoles at home as a hold over until the OSSC Pro project is finished.

@darhgo , if you're curious about the Retrotink, I highly recommend looking into the 2X-SCART.

Back