What's new
Can someone recommend a good power supply to use with the HAS?
Mean Well RT series. I’ve been using RT-125A, but in hindsight, it’s probably overkill.

Don’t forget printmaker’s awesome 3D printed covers, which cover the exposed terminals, let you use a standard IEC C13 power cord, adds a power switch, and offers an easily removable connector to your supergun (useful for me because I have both two HAS and two Miniguns).

Edit: I built one of these 3D printed covers. Here's mine. It was a pain to chase down the right connectors etc. (ended up ordering a bunch of wrong things), but I can dig up the information if anyone would use it.

Last edited:
Clearly I've missed something about how this thread works.
It looks like you miss very little!

The power supply question is also off topic. In that case I thought providing the answer was the quickest way to stop the distraction. But now we are on another tangent. I guess I was wrong.

I don't think that trying to find out how to use the device I purchased in the thread for the device is a distraction. Maybe @RGB could clear that up.

I'm just going to sell my device and move on -- I don't have time to track down a bunch of random cables and parts. Chinese superguns arrive ready to use. Thanks for helping the other guy, at least.

I don't think that trying to find out how to use the device I purchased in the thread for the device is a distraction. Maybe @RGB could clear that up.

I'm just going to sell my device and move on -- I don't have time to track down a bunch of random cables and parts. Chinese superguns arrive ready to use. Thanks for helping the other guy, at least.
Did you ever start a thread to discuss where to buy AV cables? I searched after I suggested you do that and I searched again just now. I can't find the thread if you made one.

The HAS doesn't use a proprietary AV cable. The 8 pin mini DIN RGB cable is something of an industry standard. This thread should be for discussing the HAS not standard cables that can be used with all manner of other devices.

No. I've moved on; I've already burned too much time on trying to sort out getting it set up -- much of it spent chin-wagging here with you.

Your initial response to my question (where to buy a cheap AV cable) served only to clog up the thread with non-information, which you seemed to want to avoid, whereas a single quote reply (or no reply at all!) would have sufficed. Not sure why you bothered.

I'm a business owner and even with the lower customer service standards of b2b business dealings, I've never been spoken to this rudely when looking for product support.

If someone in my place of business spoke this way to a customer of mine who was having a problem using a product he bought from me, I'd ask them to leave. There's no place for it.

Anyway -- like I said, I've moved on, device is for sale, unfollowing this thread. Cheers

Hey, this is what I suggest for the AV cabling:

UK:

USA:

Australia

If you've got the HD15 adapter for the HAS, then you could connect the HAS with the OSSC using a standard VGA cable. If you own the XRGB mini Framemeister, then use an 8pin mini DIN to 8pin mini DIN cable like this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/233735216419?hash=item366bb45d23:g:Xx4AAOxyeZNTSTv9 or a higher quality like this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/371930292507?hash=item5698c5e11b:g:gasAAOSwkShY~2Dy

If you can solder, I released design files for the following:

=======================================================

As for the PSU, I recommend the following:
  • Mean Well MWP-606
  • Prima Power 42PP0606 (can be bought directly from SUZO HAPP, at least in Europe)
  • Mean Well RT-65A (only 65W, so double check if it’s enough for your games)
  • Mean Well RT-85A (make sure it's the latest release)
  • Mean Well RT-1255A (make sure it's the latest release)

Last edited:
No. I've moved on; I've already burned too much time on trying to sort out getting it set up -- much of it spent chin-wagging here with you.

Your initial response to my question (where to buy a cheap AV cable) served only to clog up the thread with non-information, which you seemed to want to avoid, whereas a single quote reply (or no reply at all!) would have sufficed. Not sure why you bothered.

I'm a business owner and even with the lower customer service standards of b2b business dealings, I've never been spoken to this rudely when looking for product support.

If someone in my place of business spoke this way to a customer of mine who was having a problem using a product he bought from me, I'd ask them to leave. There's no place for it.

Anyway -- like I said, I've moved on, device is for sale, unfollowing this thread. Cheers
Wow. Apparently I accidentally pissed in Bigblue's cornflakes. I apologize to everybody else for the distraction.

Just received my HAS and it is beautiful!!!! Thanks you @RGB !!!

Hey I’m trying to play TMNT on the CRT or the LCD and get no love 😔. Does anybody know how to get this PCB to sync with either type of tv? Picture is scrambled on the CRT and get no signal at all through 8-pin mini to SCART or through 8-pin mini din to HAS VGA adapter into the OSSC -HDMI out to computer monitor LCD 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi,

Do other PCBs work? Please try regenerated and unprocessed CSync options offered by the HAS. As for the OSSC's VGA input - it requires TTL CSync, there's a dip switch for that on the HAS. Also, make sure you select AV3 RGBS on the OSSC, not RGBHV.

Hi,

Do other PCBs work? Please try regenerated and unprocessed CSync options offered by the HAS. As for the OSSC's VGA input - it requires TTL CSync, there's a dip switch for that on the HAS. Also, make sure you select AV3 RGBS on the OSSC, not RGBHV.
Hey RGB!

Yes all of my other boards work fine through your HAS, look beautiful but for the life of me I get scrambled eggs with my TMNT, which works fine on an arcade monitor RGBSync. I just built and plugged the SuperGun in last night so I didn’t have much time to tinker yet. Could you please inform me how do I select TTL CSync? I see a switch on the far right that says CSync and then says B V R … is this it? I tried the OSSC on AV3 RGBS through the VGA and switched through the CSync B V R with no luck. Also, how do I switch between Regenerated and Uncompressed CSync? Also, what is that dial for on the front? Thank you very much Mike.

Sorry, I’m brand new to your SuperGun and don’t know of any good links to try to read up on how to use this puppy

Hey RGB!

Yes all of my other boards work fine through your HAS, look beautiful but for the life of me I get scrambled eggs with my TMNT, which works fine on an arcade monitor RGBSync. I just built and plugged the SuperGun in last night so I didn’t have much time to tinker yet. Could you please inform me how do I select TTL CSync? I see a switch on the far right that says CSync and then says B V R … is this it? I tried the OSSC on AV3 RGBS through the VGA and switched through the CSync B V R with no luck. Also, how do I switch between Regenerated and Uncompressed CSync? Also, what is that dial for on the front? Thank you very much Mike.

Sorry, I’m brand new to your SuperGun and don’t know of any good links to try to read up on how to use this puppy
Found CSync and and LPF switches on the back of the unit. Switched to TTL to go through the 8-pin mini to VGA on my OSSC’s AV3 port. Set to RGBS and still nothing. Is TMNT notorious for being a pain in the neck?

Hey, it really boils down to your TV/monitor compatibility and the OSSC settings (you could tinker with the H-PLL pre and post-coast settings, but I'm unable to tell you the right values). As for the switches on the HAS, please refer to the instruction manual - https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/instruction-manual/
Thank you I didn’t know there was an instructions manual. Thanks for your help Mike, can’t wait to have fun with this thing. Very nice SuperGun by the way. Sturdy and clean looking 😄🙌🏼🤙🏼

Reactions: RGB
Gradius III is also quite troublesome as it has off spec sync and creates issues with certain monitors when linendoubled.
So can any of you guys explain to me why the new OSSC Pro that is due to come out in the near future and the new FPGA DE-10 NANO variants are supposedly going to fix all of these odd sync issues?

So can any of you guys explain to me why the new OSSC Pro that is due to come out in the near future and the new FPGA DE-10 NANO variants are supposedly going to fix all of these odd sync issues?
Did you try my rec in the other thread?

Back