What's new
I’m having a problem using the HD-15 adapter. It doesn’t look like it’s plugged in all the way because of the spacers used per assembly instructions, And I wanted to test my Taito F3 over VGA. It didn’t display an image. So I tried another working PCB and it displayed nothing as well but did display over mini din to SCART on the HAS.

Is there something basic setting I’m missing or improper install on the HD-15 adapter board to get my Has to display over VgA on my OSSC?

Did you set the CSync on the HAS to TTL? On the OSSC select AV3 (RGBS).
I cant for the life of me find the Switch

I see SW2 #16, but I can't find SW3 #18.

(IMGBB is down right now, excuse the attachments)

Edit: Aha! Its on the bottom

2nd Edit: That did the trick. My boards now work on AV3 on the OSSC. Unfortunately for me though that means my Taito F3 is not displaying video like it used to.

Thanks

Attachments

• has dia.PNG
    has dia.PNG
    912.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I’ll say this, on my HAS 3.0 my F3 worked, but on my 4.X, no luck, but my OSSC has also been updated to FW .90, so I’m not blaming either device yet. It could also be my F3 as well.

I’ll say this, on my HAS 3.0 my F3 worked, but on my 4.X, no luck, but my OSSC has also been updated to FW .90, so I’m not blaming either device yet. It could also be my F3 as well.
Yeah. I’ve always had the V4 and it worked great albeit some wonkyness over SCART.

Last time I played it was on my NAC with no issues.

I placed it in a USPS mailer and on a shelf in my storage.

1-1/2 years later. It won’t display an image on the same OSSC HAS setup or my splitfire OSSC mini Cute Repro setup.

I’ll try it on the NAC again but I feel something failed as the weather changed inside the box.

The good thing is my HAS works perfect so I’ll take this F3 troubleshooting back to the Taito section..

You could try other CSync outputs (raw, buffered or regenerated) on the HAS, and also play with the H-PLL pre and post coast settings on the OSSC. Last time I checked it worked with the F3 when the H-PLL was set to "4".

Yeah. I’ve always had the V4 and it worked great albeit some wonkyness over SCART.

Last time I played it was on my NAC with no issues.

I placed it in a USPS mailer and on a shelf in my storage.

1-1/2 years later. It won’t display an image on the same OSSC HAS setup or my splitfire OSSC mini Cute Repro setup.

I’ll try it on the NAC again but I feel something failed as the weather changed inside the box.

The good thing is my HAS works perfect so I’ll take this F3 troubleshooting back to the Taito section..
OK, I decided on the first day of the new year, I HAD to play some Elevator Action 2, so.... I HAD to get my F3 to work, and I did. Hope this helps you.

Ignoring getting it to display on the TV (that's a whole other issue), this is just to get it to sync on the OSSC with HAS 4.1.

OSSC FW .90, in AV3 with DB15 adaptor.

Settings:

CSync to “buffered” and CSync level to “TTL” on the HAS; set the OSSC to AV3 (RGBS) and set the H-PLL pre and post coast settings to 4. (I eventually lowered to 3 and 1 after I got it to work, I'm not sure these make a difference, so I guess you can leave them at 4.)

This was my old settings, and it use to work, but no longer! BUT, here is how I got it to work. I set the OSSC to START on AV3. Go to the settings, and save the start up to be the input the F3 is in (RGBS). Leave HAS on, turn off OSSC, wait 10 seconds, turn on OSSC and boom. Now I have sync.

Also, @ShootTheCore (I think) had mentioned to set the Vsync Threshold up to its maximum value of 30.76, which I tried at one point, but didn't seem to make a difference for me.

Report back @hoagtech, lets get your shit working for 2023!

Last edited:
I'm wanting to get one of these VGA to BNC cables like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-HD-15-Video-Cable-Monitor/dp/B001UJMGZC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1L7WRT1G9C45P&keywords=vga+to+bnc&qid=1675896787&sprefix=vga+to+bnc,aps,98&sr=8-4&th=1

So I'm assuming the BNC cables are R, G, B sync and something. What's the 5th cable?

RGBHV (split horizontal and vertical sync). In most cases you'll just skip the 5th cable for your retro 15khz arcade games, leaving it dangling. If that bothers you, there are VGA to 4-BNC cables out there. However, it won't hurt to have RGBHV BNC cables in case you need it (mostly 31khz 640x480 VGA signals in my experience).

I was wondering, have any of the core features changed since the v3.1? Is there any kind of changelog if so? No issues with my v3.1 I'm just curious. Cheers!

I was wondering, have any of the core features changed since the v3.1? Is there any kind of changelog if so? No issues with my v3.1 I'm just curious. Cheers!
Stuff in the V4.2 that wasn't available in the V3.1:
- DIP switches to disable output for buttons 4, 5, and 6 on the JAMMA connector
- THS7374 video amp (it has a selectable video low pass filter)
- support for the MVS stereo audio
- raw/unprocessed CSync selectable via a switch
- firmware changes: tweaked asynchronous rapid-fire rates

Everyone - I'd like to invite you to my newest website with a (finally) proper store!

https://rgbslab.com/

I owed it to you and myself. My old ordering "system" was a real disaster, and I can't believe I kept going like that. Thank you for being so supportive throughout all these years.

I hope you like the store. If you can, please spread the word, I'd be grateful for shares on forums and other platforms.

HAS_no_bg.png

Last edited:
Back